Courtney Love to Recur on Revenge — But Who Brings Her to Town?

Courtney Love Revenge Cast

Fresh off her dramatic multi-episode turn on Fox’s Empire, Courtney Love is rockin’ another role, on ABC’s Revenge.

Per People.com, Love will play — wait for it — “White Gold,” a jetsetter who is brought to the Hamptons by (well, of course) Margaux.

Love’s recurring Revenge gig kicks off Sunday, March 29.

1. Jennifer says:

That’s it … shows dead. We need to get rid of some of the cast not add to it. I’ve watched Revenge since the beginning, but it has gotten so far off the track. I’m done.

2. Drew says:

Revenge has been pointless for a while now, but I kept watching out of habit. After reading this news, I’ve officially dropped the show.

• Dude says:

Good for you. Revenge is better than it has been in years and Courtney Love won’t change that. She’s actually a pretty decent actress.

• Jennifer says:

How do you get it’s better than it’s been in years? First season was great but it’s been fading ever since. Now, so not worth the time.

• Drew says:

Season 1 of the show was The Count of Monte Cristo. This year is Melrose Place. Any purpose that the show once had is not only gone, but was completely obliterated by lame attempts at shocking plot twists. Emily was once a force to be reckoned with, but she has been reduced to nothing more than a younger, slightly more athletic Victoria. Every single thing that made the show cool is gone. Now it’s just standard soap opera dramatics. Who is giving whom the evil eye? Which man will Emily choose? Blah blah blah. I’m just waiting for Marcia Cross to guest star and pull her wig off again.

• Drew says:

Also, I have no doubt that Love is a good actress. It’s probably what allowed her to be such a leech in life.

• Joe says:

Maybe she will blow up Greyson manor 😊

• WTF says:

Revenge was always Melrose Place. It’s always been a soap opera. Yeah season one Revenge was great but season two was a convoluted mess and season three was so slow and plotless that there were basically only a handful of episodes worth watching. Season four may not be Revenge at its best but it’s far better than it has been the past two years. It has legitimate stories to tell, it’s well paced and some of the new additions are actually good (NOT Margeaux). I hope this is the last season because I don’t know how much mileage they can get out of this little reboot but for now, it’s an enjoyable ride.

• Drew says:

I disagree. Revenge was not a sudsy soap in season 1. It was a series with a specific plot and a specific mission. Soap operas tend to throw a bunch of characters together and just keep spinning the wheel to see who will be having sex and who will be a drug addict this week. In season 1, the plots were well crafted and the writers were careful about how they handled the characters. Emily was smart and capable. That has completely gone out the window now. Now there is no specific plot or goal for the series. Now it is just a bunch of characters thrown together, spinning that wheel.
            Season 1 was a drama, with thriller elements. Everything that came after is just useless soap crap. I agree, season 2 was a wreck. Season 3 was a wreck too (aside from a handful of episodes). But season 4 has been the complete destruction of not just this one season, but the entire foundation of the series itself.

• Joe says:

Are we watching the same Revenge? The once great show is now terrible mess , ( I have no idea why I’m watching) they should have ended at the end with Victoria locked up and Conrad dead , but no the are set on destroying the show

3. Jodi says:

It was over once everyone found out Emily’s true indentity. EPIC FAIL

4. Alichat says:

Uhh…..ok.

5. Rinnie says:

“White Gold” ? That’s desperate.

6. Will says:

Rule of thumb: read the recap, then maybe watch the episode. Haha When you get rid of the Margeaux storyline, I’ll MAYBE watch then.

7. wrstlgirl says:

The only reason why I’m still hanging in there is to see how they decide to end all of this but if it goes more than one more season I’ll be gone.

8. Letti says:

I for one is still excited about Revenge. Though I’m not sure about Courtney, hope she’ll be a good addition. I hope Revenge will get a shortened final season with a big, final storyline.

9. Will she be tracked by a vengeful fan for murder of Kurt?

10. N says:

Nemily & Louise!

11. GuyAwks says:

Woot! First teaming up with Lana Del Rey and now joining my favorite show on TV- Courtney Love is making some amazing choices this year.