Ratings: S.H.I.E.L.D., NCIS: NO, Mindy Hit Lows as All Shows (But One!) Slip

Agents of SHIELD Ratings

On this first Tuesday of Daylight Savings Time, when families, we are to believe, are outside playing badminton instead of loafing in front of the TV….

Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD drew 3.8 million total viewers and a 1.5 demo rating (per finals), down 16 percent and a tenth to tie its series low.

Opening ABC’s night, Fresh off the Boat (5.1 mil/1.6) and Repeat After Me (3.5 mil/1.1) each dipped a tenth.

Elsewhere….

CBS | NCIS (16.2 mil/2.2) slipped a tenth. NCIS: New Orleans (12.6 mil/1.6) was down three tenths, to a season low. Person of Interest (8.7 mil/1.5) dipped two tenths.

FOX | Hell’s Kitchen (3.5 mil/1.3) was down a tenth from last week’s premiere. Leading out of a New Girl rerun, Mindy Project (1.8 mil/0.9) slipped 14 percent and a tenth, hitting series lows.

NBC | The Voice (13.7 mil/3.8) was down three tenths; Chicago Fire (8.6 mil/2.1) dropped a few eyeballs while — wait for it — steady in the demo. There is your Tuesday “winner,” folks, thanks for playing!

1. All shows adjusted down this week… DST???

2. SUSO says:

Steady in the demo now. Adjusted down in the finals. Still, solid showing for CF

3. Iakovos says:

Tuesday just does not have a series that is buzz worthy. CBS has comfort food but who remembers it the next day. NBC is closest with CHICAGO FIRE but even that is off the radar. ABC has some buzz but coupling FRESH OFF THE BOAT with that stupid REPEAT AFTER ME seems wrong. AGENTS is not compatible with other programming for the night. The Fox comedies have not sustained their quality. Flashes and then simmering.

4. Marie says:

A missing character DOES make a difference. SO BRING BACK WARD Agents of Shield!!

5. wrstlgirl says:

Another fantastic episode of Chicago Fire last night. I love these new story lines they are giving us sans all the ridiculous relationship angst. I’m trying really hard to stick with Shield but alas it is losing me. I found myself very bored and uninterested last night.

6. Tran says:

There’s a reason NCIS can’t be stopped even though it’s still TV’s #1 drama for God knows how many years it has been.

• John says:

The Walking Dead has actually been tv;’s”number 1 drama” for the last 3 tv seasons and Empire is pretty much about to top it in the broadcast section. The only reason it does well in total viewership is because of old people. NCIS fans seem to think that their show is undisputed number 1 even though The Walking Dead and Empire destroy it in the demo. Both shows get more in the demon than any of the NCIS shows combined

• Mark says:

And sorry my typo errors resulted in me spelling demon not demo

• Tran says:

The one question that really bothers me if I’m the only one to say it is “how long NCIS is going to end?”. The execs at CBS may have a decision sometime in the near future on how they’re planning to keep NCIS on the air before ending it as well as a few other long running shows like Criminal Minds. I know it also bothers me that both Survivor and Amazing Race aren’t going away even though they’re just keep going on and on and on like the Energizer Bunny.

7. Julie says:

Getting nervous about Mindy… It was a fantastic episode last night and those ratings are rough.

• Kat says:

Me too. Much better than the previous week, and Stephen Cobert was gold. I just hope if it’s the last season that she’s written us a decent season finale that could double as a series ender.

• B says:

agreed. Yikes at those mindy numbers

• Tran says:

There’s still a good chance Mindy Project gets renewed sooner rather than later. As the old saying goes: ONLY TIME WILL TELL.

• Mary says:

Me to last night was one of the best episodes of the series. I hope this syndication thing is true. It really is a fantastic show, I can’t figure out why more people aren’t watching.

Then I remember it’s because I love it and all the shows I love are lower ratings: the wore, scrubs, mindy, brooklyn 99, happy endings.

• Me says:

TMP is kinda like Melissa and Joey at this point IMO. There’s nothing to root for anymore. I still love it but I DVR and watch it on weekends except for this week ofcourse bcoz of Colbert. This was the best episode of the season. Colbert was sensational and brought fresh humor to the show.
      I do not know why they cannot have equally captivating plots for Ed Weeks and the rest of the cast. They are all very forgettable.
      Still rooting for TMP but will not be surprised if it’s cancelled / if next season is its final season.

• Mary says:

I disagree about the rooting for thing I think pairing mindy and Danny together and keeping them has given the show more to root for. I love seeing a realistic couple struggle trying to make it work on tv. I loved rooting for mindy trying to grow her career (would have enjoyed more focus on that). I could use mindy having it with Danny and getting truly mad, because he is being a douche.

But I don’t think I’ve rooted for mindy as a character more then I have this season.

• B says:

I agree, before mindy and danny got together the B storyline was usually about danny. Then the B storyline became about Peter but with peter gone and the A and B storyline pretty much being mindy at work/mindy and danny it feels like something is lacking. There were great storylines with morgan and jeremy and even tamra in earlier seasons I wish they would bring some of those back

8. HeatherC says:

Wow, unless adjusted a bunch in the finals, CF actually tied NCIS in the demo!! How random and a bit startling to be honest. Happy for CF but that’s just crazy, LOL =)

9. Stephen says:

AoS always gets a big boost after DVR ratings get sorted out

10. Anna says:

I agree with the Shield fans who want Ward back. The show isn’t the same without him and I want to know what’s next in his storyline already. Fitz & and Hunter are the only 2 keeping my interest at the moment but it’s not enough for me in the long run and I’m only interested in watching live if Wards there so bring back Ward already please!

11. Erika says:

Once again,I wonder is Fresh of the Boat ratings still good OR bad?Again is FOTB will canceled?And why all the shows ratings down on Tuesday?

12. John says:

Damn! Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. was great last night.

13. abz says:

Really nervous for Agents of Shield. Finally caught up on the show and I really love it. I’m really enjoying Skye’s story and can’t wait to see more of Rayna. Hope Lance stays on the show too.

14. Ken B says:

The Rating is skewed because of CORD Cutters, I love these shows But I can stream them on Line from CBS/NBC , so the cable NIELSON rating isn’t worth the toilet paper its written on. just like any JD Powers survey. but don’t worry I still get ALL those commercials. the low ratings are not because less people are watching these shows it because people have other avenues then paying cable companies for 100 or 200 channels and 1000 channels of music when they only use 5 to 10 like ABC NBC CBS FOX WB which you can get today for FREE over the AIR. This isn’t rocket science use common sense. the internet is here. people are tried of paying $100 Plus dollars for 5 to 10 mins of shows and 25 to 30 mins of commercials for a half hour of a TV show. it like double taxation the advertiser pay to put adds on TV & cable companies charge us more for ADs then the actual content.

15. Big Mike says:

How worried do we need to be about MAoS? Because I’m honestly a bit worried…..

16. Ellinas1978 says:

OK two days in a row with those want to be jokes I think are enough.

17. Brigid says:

I’m worried about Agents of Shield too. This is one of the best shows on tv and I absolutely love it. The acting, writing and special effects are top notch. Hey I know, let’s create another NCIS or CSI for the sheeple, they’ll watch that! I just don’t get it.

18. Bwhit says:

Yay Chicago Fire! I loved that we saw Casey getting back to do contract work but I see trouble ahead with the strip club. I for one enjoy the DST time explanation about the ratings :)

19. me2 says:

POI is the best written show (besides Empire) on network tv that gets no promotion or very little advertising, thanks WB and/or CBS. Every other show is available on Netflix or Hulu, and it took them three seasons to finally put it on demand, and you can’t even watch the prior 3 seasons w/o paying for it! WB/CBS is not helping this show compete against CF by keeping it away from the way people watch TV now! It’s a fantastic show and more people should have access to it. Off my soapbox…

• Tran says:

Couldn’t agree more. Wonder if CBS is thinking about a proper “final season” for POI.

• SylentMari says:

I’m a newer fan to POI (I shoulda listened to my mom and started watching it sooner), and it has been frustrating trying to catch up on the first three seasons without having cable TV to access it On Demand. They don’t even run promos for the next week’s episode in my local market either (Albuquerque, NM). Wish it was more easily accessible via Hulu or Netflix or Amazon Prime.

20. Dave says:

i’m so mad for AOS ratings…if when someone will say “no lets bring it back” if didnt watch it in prime time i’m gonna kill someone

21. Melinda M. says:

I don’t think AoS is going anywhere. Marvel/Disney owns the property and The network it airs on and likely has a long term plAn regarding the inhumans plot given that the movie is down the road. Also it would t surprise me if Joss Whedon popped up as a writer for the show once he has a break after avengers 2 which would likely cause at least a slight recovery in the ratings.