Pilot News: Greek Grad Jake McDorman to Lead CBS Drama Limitless

Jake McDorman Limitless Cast

Jake McDorman‘s latest role is Limitless — no, really.

He’ll take on the Bradley Cooper role in the CBS drama pilot based on the 2011 film Limitless, our sister site Deadline reports.

RELATED Pilot Season 2015: Scoop on This Fall’s (Possible) New Shows, Who’s in Them

McDorman will play Brian Sinclair, a man who takes the experimental drug NZT, which allows him to access 100 percent of his mental capability. He then is coerced into using his enhanced abilities to solve crimes with the FBI.

Coincidentally, McDorman starred opposite Cooper in the recent film American Sniper. His TV resumé includes roles on Greek, Shameless and The Newsroom. He also played Peter in ABC’s ill-fated rom-com Manhattan Love Story.

1. Mark says:

Ugh! Not another show about a genius tasked to work w/ law enforcement. Why couldn’t we have a limitless show minus the FBI stuff?

• johnhelvete says:

This^ I can picture a much more interesting version of this on cable (even TNT or USA since both are moving towards serialized shows) where the show is serialized and he is not solving crimes for the FBI.

• B says:

agreed! This could be such an interesting conceptual sci fi show instead of what seems to be a run of the mill procedural.

2. Blake says:

I’m not sure that its that much of a coincidence that McDorman is starring in the show and that he was in American Sniper, seeing as how Cooper is producing the show.

3. hazel says:

He’s a great actor, and will do just fine with the role, I’m sure. I just wonder if the show itself will be any good.

4. Lauren says:

Isn’t this kind of like that show with Josh Holloway? I love Jake McDorman but I’ll be passing.

5. Will says:

Evan Chambers just keeps getting things handed to him. Guess the Omega Chi’s got him the hookup…

6. Shirley says:

I don’t know whose idea last night’s episode was but it was a huge bomb. I usually watch it all but I turned it to watch a movie that I had already seen to avoid watching the rediculousness. I hope this is NOT the direction the show is going because I will stop watching .