Daredevil: Watch the Netflix Drama's First Full-Length Trailer

Prepare to Marvel at Netflix’s foray into the superhero genre. (See what we did there?)

On Tuesday, the streaming video service released the first full-length trailer for its upcoming Daredevil, which stars Charlie Cox (Boardwalk Empire) as the titular blind lawyer-turned-avenger-of-evil.

PHOTO Daredevil on Netflix: Matt Murdock’s Official Character Poster Revealed

Deborah Ann Woll (True Blood) and Vincent D’Onofrio (Law & Order: Criminal Intent) also appear in the promo; she as the love interest of Daredevil’s real-life counterpart Matt Murdock, and he as chief criminal Kingpin.

Over a multi-year rollout, Daredevil will be followed by a Jessica Jones series (starring Don’t Trust the B— in Apartment 23‘s Krysten Ritter) as well as TV takes on Iron Fist and Luke Cage. Once all four have made their Netflix debut, they will team up for a miniseries event that reimagines The Defenders, Marvel’s dream team of self-sacrificing, heroic characters.

Press PLAY on the video above to watch the comic come to life — and make sure to watch to the very end for a sly Iron Man/Thor nod.

1. SallyW says:

Looks good! Can’t wait to see how it does 😃 And see if Electra makes an appearance 😉 That would be awesome, but of not, it still looks like a good show.

2. Lizo says:

Lol so Marvel is also going for that “gritty realism” that DC prides itself on. sigh. I hope the show doesn’t take itself too seriously. If I wasn’t already invested in the MCU (and of course Vincent), this trailer wouldn’t make me want to watch it.

3. Ross says:

Actually just nitpicking a bit, but this is the second trailer. They released a shorter trailer a few months ago. Just a technicality. But YAY, super excited can’t wait to watch the show!

4. Dave says:

OH MY GOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CANT WAIT A MONTH TO SEE THAT!! I’m gonna watch all the episodes the first day, goodbye mental sanity!!!

5. Lori says:

Looks good, with this and Game of Thrones I’m stoked for April.

6. Autumn says:

Looks good, but I hope all the superhero shows on Netflix aren’t going to be TV MA. Actually, I hope that almost all streaming shows don’t go down the TV MA route just because they can…

7. James D says:

Nerdgasm! holly cow this looks so awesome I can’t wait. looks like we are finally going to get a proper Dare Devil. I can already tell Vincent is the perfect casting for Kingpin.

8. RichCD says:

So, let me get this straight…within a couple of weeks of each other, we get Game of Thrones, Orphan Black, Outlander, the final run of Mad Men and this. Man, that’s some pretty powerful TV watchin’.

9. LEP says:

Vincent D’Onofrio is a favorite of mine. Might have to get Netflix.

10. jj says:

Nope. Couldn’t even finish the trailer.

11. JustLookAtTheFlowers says: