The Bachelor Season Finale Recap: Did Becca or Whitney Win Chris' Heart?

The Bachelor Chris Soules

Two women enter, one woman leaves.

The rules of Thunderdome? Yes — but also the rules of The Bachelor‘s season finale, which on Monday found farmer Chris Soules choosing either Becca (The Virgin) or Whitney (The Babymaker) as his One True (and On-Camera) Love.

But which “lucky” lady earned Chris’ final rose?

After two hours of agonizing over the decision before him, the Arlington, Iowa, native picked fertility nurse (and big-city resident) Whitney as the girl with whom he’d most like to appear on tabloid covers. And once Becca was set out on the curb for recycling (perhaps on Bachelor in Paradise?), he put a ring on Whitney.

But let’s be honest with ourselves: Finding out who Chris chooses is a lot like watching the ball drop on New Year’s Rockin’ Eve. It’s technically the moment we’re all waiting for, but the journey ultimately becomes a lot more fun than the destination.

RELATED Scandal Stars Preview Gladiators’ Return, State of the Olivia/Fitz Union

With that said, let’s break down the most watercooler-worthy moments from The Bachelor‘s final hours:

* Prince Farming brings both ladies home to meet his family in Arlington, and maybe it’s just because Whitney visits first, but the entire Soules clan is immediately head over heels for her. You know that moment in Looney Tunes when Pepé Le Pew’s heart beats out of his chest? That’s how Chris’ family reacts to everything Whitney says, even when she admits in front of small children that she and Chris “made a baby” in the fertility lab. When she delivers a teary-eyed toast at the dinner table that night, you can practically hear the sweeping violins in the background. Meanwhile, after Becca’s visit, the family is left feeling ambivalent about Becca’s hesitation to uproot her entire life for a man she doesn’t yet love. Whitney: 1; Becca: 0

* When Chris’ family asks him to describe how Becca is different from Whitney, he can only come up with, “She’s got great qualities,” which include a good head on her shoulders and a concrete knowledge of what she wants in life. Romantic? Not really. Awkward? Very. But just when things are looking especially grim for Becca, Chris admits, “I know what I feel, and that’s more important to me than what she’s saying.” Whitney: 1; Becca: 1

The Bachelor Season Finale* Chris’ last-chance dates with the girls are wildly different. On one hand, Chris takes Whitney to his farm so they can harvest corn together — not a euphemism. (And I do believe no one has ever been so excited to harvest corn as Whitney.) On the other hand, Becca’s final date with Chris consists of a loooooong conversation in which she is unable to express what she really wants out of life — and, more importantly, her relationship with Chris — right now. Whitney: 2; Becca: 1

When it comes time for Chris to make His Big Decision, his rejection of Becca goes about as smoothly as one could hope. In other words, I’m not so sure Becca knows she was rejected. But there’s no time to dwell on that: While Becca is left to make awkward eye contact with a cameraman in the backseat of her limo, Chris pops the question to Whitney — a proposal she eagerly accepts.

* And let’s not forget the After the Final Rose special, which didn’t feature any Jason-dumping-Melissa-for-Molly-level drama, but wasn’t without highlights in its own right. For one, the always-memorable Ashley S. insinuated she’ll be on the next season of Bachelor in Paradise — if you can take a sentence like, “Yeah… I suppose I might be there…” to mean she’ll be part of the cast.

OK, your turn. Did Chris make the right choice in Whitney? Cast your vote in our poll below, then hit the comments with your thoughts on the finale!

1. Giana says:

I don’t know. Seems like he really wanted Becca, but talked himself into Whitney.

Maybe talked is not the right word for this oh so articulate guy haha!

• Kate says:

Totally agree he just settled for whitney…even in the after the rose seemed like he still really liked becca

• Timmah says:

And Whitney was much better at selling herself too. She said all the right things at the right times. It almost felt like she manipulated the whole thing.

2. Tiffany says:

is it just me or is it weird he kept talking about how he wanted someone like his sisters…I would NEVER want someone like my brother lol…and the way he was holding her hand just seemed like he was kinda into it…she seems more into it than him…

• BrittBrat says:

I don’t think it’s weird. I don’t think he wants a carbon copy of his sisters, but someone who is nice, smart, etc. I think that would be qualities that most people would want in a spouse.

3. Lr baca says:

If he really is a farmer that girl has no idea what she is in for and how hard work farming really is. Not the right choice.

4. Wayneabe says:

Is this for real? Who cam a man be in love with 2 women? He is either in love with one and not in the other. Something wrong with this picture, does Whitney really think this man is love with her, it was obivious she’s the 2nd choice. Reality TV, maybe they play along with the script presented them. If it’s real life, it will not last…

5. danin says:

Could not watch this season.The man has no upper lip!

6. m3rcnate says:

Q: Did Chris make the right decision?
    A: This show has a 23-to-5 failure to success rate of the Bachelor/Bachelorette staying with the person they chose at the end…(shocker, they’ve known each other for 1-2 months)….so i’d say the odds are leaning hard towards NO!

Lol. Yet “Love in the Wild” has like 4-6 successful marriages after having just two seasons because it was designed to actually work instead of create drama and be a Neil Lane commercial.

7. Timmah says:

This seems a lot like when Desiree settled for whatshisname after she was left by whoshisface.

8. Sissi S says:

I hope once the men choose which lady they like they make it into two shows.
    I’m still disappointed they chose Britt. She was just out to win a popularity contest and lied way too much.
    Why not choose the Widowed single Mom Juelia Kinney?
    She should have been the first choice.
    Kaitlyn is another great choice. I’m happy they chose her.
    Can’t wait!!!

9. everart says:

Gimmick or not, I <3 Michael this week for calling out sexism here and on AI!

10. Iakovos says:

Chris made the right choice. Will it last? Who knows? I hope so. I liked the two of them. But for a man to find a woman to marry and accept his lifestyle (which is hard work, very real, and not a joke), I wonder if a TV show can deliver said woman. One would think other farmers’ daughters and rural girls would fit the bill better as this is a world they know. Still, the Soules family seems nice, and Whitney seems sure. And the Soules family does not appear struggling. A Chicago studio apartment and opportunities to get away for urban fun are surely possible.

• Timmah says:

Of course they’re not struggling. The government heavily subsidizes corn growers so that they can put that crap into everything we eat.

11. Theresa says:

It was obvious to me that Chris’s body language said it all–He was in love with Becca. Chris should have gone with his heart and given it more time with Becca. They should have continued dating with hopes of an engagement. That would have been the risk to take than propose to Whitney for the “show”.

12. Josie Dixon says:

Great!! Experience Mean a lot..so does smart..Whitney amazing girl ..I pick her from the beginning.. J

13. tshell says:

Disappointed in his choice. She was to needy and desperate. I didn’t see love in his eyes. I did when he looked at Becca. To bad she didn’t love him back. I think he just settled. I feel that he will marry Whitney and have a bunch of children to please everyone else. I’m sure he will spend most of his time alone out in the field just to get a breather from his choice.imo

• Carlos says:

I would spend ALL of my time out in the field just to get away from her voice…irritatating doesn’t do it justice…married to a munchkin with a lisp? Shudder at the thought.

14. Catrinka33 says:

It was clear to me that Chris looooved Becca so much and if she would have said that back to him – he practically begged her – then Whitney would have been sent home. It actually makes me sad because his heart is not with Whitney…his body language with her is not what it should be. I think he made a mistake because all Becca wanted was more time and that’s not really a bad thing considering the show runs over only a couple of months.

15. Carlos says:

He’s great, she’s great, their great, everybody’s great, SO excited!! Really Whitney?

16. Britta says:

I’ve never seen a more horney or aggressive, non stop talker than Whitney. Poor Chris has to listen to her voice that sounds like she’s breathed in helium, for the rest of his life. She’s a spoiled brat who seems to get what she wants or she throws a tantrum. I doubt she’ll move to Arlington. I think he made a mistake.

17. bil says:

Predict next season of the bachelorett will score lowest ratings ever — neither girl – though likable – has star quality

18. Beth Pichinino says:

Chris should have gone with his heart and who he loves deeply. In my opinion, I think it is Becca. He should not have proposed and developed his relationship more off camera. Becca needed that from him. She would have given her all to him then. Instead he settled for Whintey to play it safe. Becca was worth it.