Ratings: Race Ticks Up, Blue Bloods Dips, Shark Tank Slips, Dixie Flat

CBS’ Amazing Race this Friday drew 6.2 million total viewers and a 1.2 demo rating, ticking up a tenth week-to-week.

Leading out of that, Hawaii Five-0 (9.6 mil/1.2) was flat, while Blue Bloods (11.2 mil/1.4) dipped a tenth.

An hour-earlier Shark Tank (8.2 mil/1.9) slipped three tenths in the demo versus its last fresh outing, yet gave ABC’s 8 o’clock hour its best numbers since November 2012.

Fox’s Funniest Fails (2.8 mil/0.8) and the antepenultimate Glee (1.8 mil/0.6) were flat, as was The CW’s bubble drama Hart of Dixie (1.1 mil/0.4)

1. Boiler says:

Wish the CW would end suspense and announce Hart of Dixie’s fate. They have to already know and its fans sure would like it. Based on other CW shows deserves a renewal

2. kn1231 says:

Hart Of Dixie has been really good this season! My only complaint is that I wish we got more Annabeth and Zoe scenes. Also, I actually prefer Annabeth and Lavon, but I know a lot of fans have been waiting to see Lavon and Lemon so I don’t mind it too much. But at this point, I think fans will be really luck if we get a renewal, so I am just enjoying it while I can.

• Nicole says:

I’m loving Annabeth and George together!

• Allison says:

Yeah, I agree this season has been so good! I would have liked more Zoe and AB too since I really enjoy that friendship. We saw some of it early in the season but nothing now for several episodes. I guess that’s one of the problems with only having 10 episodes and the writers trying to tie up everything, there was a lot that they “had” to try to fit in to such a short time. I wish the CW had offered them 2 10 episode seasons (I realize with HOD’s ratings it wasn’t likely they would do something like that) so the writers could have slowed some of this stuff down. The Zoe/Wade stuff had to happen pretty much the way it is because of Rachel’s real life pregnancy and the fact she was already 5 month pregnant when they started filming but some of the other stories could have played out at a better (slower) pace if they had known they were going to get another 10 episodes. George/AB is probably the best example of them totally rushing something because they had so few episodes.

I also prefer Lavon with AB, I’ve never been a Lemon/Lavon fan but the EP loves, loves, loves Lemon/Lavon (she’s said it multiple times since the show started) so Lavon/AB never really had a chance to last.

Unfortunately, the EP apparently sent out a tweet before Friday’s episode that it was the first of the last 3 episode’s of HOD. She did not say season, she said “last 3 episodes”. That sounds pretty bad for any chance of renewal which I had been holding out hope for, however slim the chance. I guess we should be happy we got the 10 episodes we got, most networks wouldn’t have even given us that.

3. Judi says:

I wish there was a way to save Hart of Dixie. Why do the quality shows always get cancelled?

4. ed says:

amazing race should really become a summer series because these ratings are kinda sad…… CBS should do comedies during the 8 o’clock hour next year.

5. Bwhit says:

I love Hart of Dixie and this season has been awesome but if it does get cancelled, I’d be okay with it. They are setting up for some satisfying endings to all the character’s storylines. I’m grateful the CW gave HOD this 10 episode run.

6. Amy says:

Amazing Race need to calm the bell down with all the hashtagging.

But more importantly – oh how I wish HoD’s ratings would improve. This season has been great – and yet also (sadly) a perfect example of how to build closure to a series. I just wish it had hit this stride a season ago, instead of giving us the flawed season 3.

7. Dan says:

They should renew Dixie. Its ratings have been steady!

8. H says:

This show is dunzo. They’re just waiting for the episodes to air.

9. Hart of Dixie has some very rabid fans…. myself included. I hope they either give it a good farewell or else give it one more year.

10. Good lord that was an awful H50.

• kathyb1953 says:

Agree! Thought I was the only one who thought it was awful. Did you feel like it was kind of disjointed?

• H50fannie says:

You are not the only one many fans also felt the same about Fridays episode. I mean it had a potential to be a very good episode and it did not meet the expectations at the end. There were some good things but the story and all the way it was constructed did not work out. Everything was rushed in the last minute. I even expected a 2 part episode cause the story was made to be a 2 part but it was rushed. H50 has a recurrent tendency or rushing some stories in one hour.

If fans are cirtical of an episode my theory is not because we do not like the show but beause we want the show to be better and improved.

7 Episodes to go until season finale or series finale?? Until this moment I dont know what to think, cause the network has not made yet any official annoucement about the future of the show. I wonder if the show ex. producer knows the status of the show.

I mean there had not been rumors anywhere that the show will likely be cancelled but due to the last episodes aired lately, fans may start to wonder, whta will be the network take on it. It can go either way maybe. I hope we can get a season 6, but I bet there wont be a season 7.

11. Ellie says:

HOD has been fantastic this season; I have just loved it! I really hope they continue on with the show – there are more stories to tell and more relationships on which to focus.

12. Ella says:

Hart of Dixie has been AWFUL this season. I hate Lavon and Lemon together, much MUCH preferred him with AnnaBeth. I totally fell in love with that pairing. Plus, Zoe and Wade don’t do anything for me anymore. I loved them in season 1 and 2 but then they were wrecked and there’s no going back. I’d have loved to see him give it a go with Lemon.