Pilot News: Originals' Daniel Sharman Checks into CBS Medical Drama LFE

Daniel Sharman CBS Pilot

Less than a month after being killed off of The CW’s The Originals, Daniel Sharman has booked his next major TV gig.

Sharman has been cast in the CBS medical drama pilot LFE, our sister site Deadline reports, which follows a group of second-year residents at a top New York City hospital who struggle to keep their god complexes in check. Sharman will play a good-hearted surgical resident named Joe.

The English actor joined the cast of The Originals at the top of its sophomore season, playing the role of vampire-turned-witch Kol Mikaelson; a nasty spell cut his (second) life short in the CW drama’s Feb. 16 episode.

In addition to The Originals, Sharman has recurred in MTV’s Teen Wolf and ABC Family’s The Nine Lives of Chloe King.

1. CK says:

I enjoyed him on Teen Wolf so I may drop my medical show viewing embargo to check out LFE. This has the makings to be a breakout role for him as he’s playing a hot doctor on a “serious” network that pretty much prints viewers and he’s talented to boot. If this show has the proper lead in, his career could change over night.

2. Maren says:

Wasn’t there a rumor of him returning to Teen Wolf? Some peple even said they saw him on set. hmm weird.
    Anyway I am happy that he is moving away from the eternal teenager characters, the guy is almost 30. haha

• Amelia says:

I thought I read that he has visited the set to visit since he is still close to other cast members. Could be wrong though!

3. Riana says:

So this seems to indicate that Kol may be returning in his own body.

4. josh says:

It sounds EXACTLY like Grey’s Anatomy, I mean, if it’s narrated by a female resident it’s just the same show.

Gesh, I mean can’t they at least come up with a new spin on these things?

5. B says:

I wish him well, but I was hoping he’d be brought back on The Originals somehow.

6. eva says:

Andy Mientus and now Daniel Sharman? This just might be a reason enough to check this out. The show sounds too generic for me to stick with it for longer than a few weeks, but I sure will give it a chance to surprise me.

7. RH says:

Pilot is directed by David Slade exec producer of Hannibal, he also directed ‘Hard Candy’ and ‘ 30 Days of Night’ which are all very dark and brilliant in my opinion ( he also directed the first Twilight so I’ll just pretend I didn’t see that ;)) so I am hopeful and I love Daniel Sharman also so I will definitely be tuning in..hoping it will be good. Tired of ‘Grey’s’ and missing ‘House’ so need something new.

• Ken says:

No he didn’t direct first first Twilight. He directed Eclipse.

• RH says:

Oh I’m sorry Ken, my mistake..I wasn’t really into Twilight series hence the error but I do love his directing style so very excited about the series. Thanks for clarifying :)

8. Letti says:

I wish all the best for Daniel, he deserves it. Therefore I’m glad he isn’t coming back to The Originals. I hope this finally means Nate will return as Kol, making fans happy once again.

9. Letti says:

I wish all the best for Daniel, he deserves it. Therefore I’m glad he isn’t coming back to The Originals. I hope this finally means Nate will return as Kol, making fans happy once again…

10. leahbh says:

I wish he’d go back to teen wolf!

• Lea says:

To sit in the background looking pretty with no storylines at all? I liked Isaac, but Sharman did well in getting out. He was sadly underused in Teen Wolf.

11. Cas says:

Good for him! I preferred the original Kol but mainly because I thought they changed his personality way too much with this actor.

12. H says:

So there are 2 CBS medical pilots. They’ll probably go with the Marcia Gay Harden one if they have to pick one.

13. Kara says:

I hope they go for LFE. I’m tired of all the greys anatomy type shows. Lfe sounds different and more interesting that anything cbs has done.
    There’s an article on zero.com comparing the two pilots

14. Aubrey says:

you go daniel so pumped to see your new show (LFE)

15. Karla says:

I absoloutely love love love him!!!!! I will definitely watch LFE, but I did want him back as Kol on the Originals :( can he do both! :)

16. elle says:

CBS has now passed on LFE so that’s no longer happening :(

17. Kira says:

I 💜💜 Daniel on teen wolf and he is the trailer for teen wolf. And if he doesn’t come back I’ll be really sad. I love him either way but I’m hoping that he comes back. Congrats on the new job Daniel I hope it works for you. Love you always 😘😘😘😘😘😘💜😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘

18. Kira says:

Daniel is in many different shows. Teen wolf will always have the cast of teen wolf as his family. I love Daniel either way.
    Daniel is awesome. I 💜💖💜💖💜💖💜💖💜💖💜💖💜💖 forever..
    Daniel if u read this I want u to know that my sister, my friends, and myself love u. We always will love u no matter what happens. We love u Daniel. 😘😘😘😘😘😘😘💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💖💖💖💖💖💖💖 and I will always love u.