Tom Selleck to Star in New Jesse Stone Movie, on a New Network

Jesse Stone Movie Hallmark

Blue Bloods patriarch Tom Selleck will portray Paradise Police Department chief Jesse Stone for a ninth time, but for the first time not on CBS.

Per our sister site Deadline, the Hallmark Movies & Mysteries channel (fka Hallmark Movie Channel) has greenlit Jesse Stone: Lost in Paradise, with an eye on a fall premiere.

Selleck’s most recent turn as Jesse Stone circa May 2012 drew 12.8 million viewers for CBS, easily topping that Sunday night in total audience, but mustered just a 1.2 demo rating, placing it behind an America’s Got Talent rerun.

1. Ian says:

Mmm, Tom Selleck… *drools*

2. Margie says:

Oh boo, I don’t get Hallmark Channel. I’ll have to wait for it to come on dvd or netflix.

3. Joe says:

Great News love this series

4. BJ says:

That’s great news. Love me some more Tom.

5. mary says:

Yea!!!! But not soon enough.

6. drhenning says:

Hallmark Movies and Mystery is a great spot for it since it shows the other Stone ones..

7. Diana says:

Love Robert B. Parker’s books and really enjoy Tom Selleck’s portrayal of Jessie Stone!! Would also like to see Tom as Spenser!!

8. michael h. maguire says:

Nice to see a series built for adults, which respects the intelligence of its viewers; keeps its cast intact, and uses good actors for each movie. Michael

9. bob says:

FAntastic…..love Jesse Stone Series!!!! Bring it on!!!!

10. arial2 says:

Great news! I love the Jesse Stone movies. It’s wonderful to see Tom Selleck play such a flawed character. He’s always played heroes (even Magnum, in a comedic way), an easier thing to do. Jesse Stone gives him room to demonstrate that he’s a fine actor. Pity Robert Parker, the character’s creator, is gone; that means no new books. Hopefully, the television writers will be able to keep Jesse going with new stories. Thank you, Hallmark!

• chaburchak says:

Actually it doesn’t mean no new books. After Parker died, Michael Brandman (who co-wrote the movies with Selleck) took over and wrote three more novels, and now the series is being written by Reed Farrel Coleman…

11. Joe says:

Great news. One of the best tv shows in recent times.

12. Jesse Stone Fan says:

AWESOME! I have all the movies and have been waiting for another one. Love this character and want to see more of what happens to him (until I retire and have time to read the books).

13. Francine Brooks says:

Yay!!!! I love Tom Selleck and his role as Jesse Stone. Thanks for the good news!

14. Kat says:

So happy!!! I’ve been in love with this man since he played Lance White on The Rockford Files!! Love Jesse Stone and it’s nice to see a network picked it up!!

15. Wonderful to hear. Loved him as Jesse.
    Please let us know when it will air.

16. Carol C says:

Yay, Tom is back! Darn, I don’t get that channel.

17. Sandy says:

So excited!! Love Tom and the jesse stone series!!

18. Nonnaru says:

Yipee! Love these movies.

19. Shelley says:

I so love to watch him in the ‘Jesse Stone’ series and of course the ‘Blue Bloods’.

20. Jesse Stone says:

Thank you Hallmark and Tom Selleck. Your movies are great and makes you feel like you are on the scene in person. Tom does an excellent job, wish I could meet him..

21. Gail Sands says:

good news, will you keep us updated with info on date and such?

22. Candace Kelly says:

Very good news – Jesse Stone series is really good. Thanks Hallmark and Tom :)

23. Sharon Timmons says:

I would watch Tom Sella aka Jesse Stone over any regularly scheduled TV programming ANY day of the week and twice on Sunday.
    I regularly watch the marathon Jesse Stone reruns, just because they far surpass most of what passes for programming nowdays. Reality TV needs to die!!
    Have been a Sellack fan since Magnum, will die a fan.

24. Sonny says:

Tom Selleck is a classic favorite in almost anything!!! We are thrilled that another Jesse Stone installment is forthcoming! Just don’t take our Bluebloods away!

25. Tom says:

This is really a cool series!

26. olean price says:

When will Benefit of of the Doubt the second one,see the first one,been waiting a long time….

27. Lindalou says:

How sad! I don’t get the Hallmark channel and have never missed one of the Jesse Stone movies. My favourite actor ever.

• Doe Nutt says:

I haven’t missed a Jesse Stone movie, but now I will. I don’t have cable or a dish. Retired and can’t afford either.

• linnet says:

There are several full length movies on youtube. If you have a hd tv, buy Chromecast, and you can watch hundreds of free tv movies and tv shows Lots on youtube, free on Hulu. Well worth it.

28. CJ says:

Hallelujah!!!!! Loved this show!!!!

29. Kathie says:

Rats, love Tom Selleck, but I don’t get Hallmark Movie Channel! Come on CBS, He has been a huge payday for you1

30. So glad to hear this!!! I have all the others on dvd and have watched them over and over. Also have all the seasons of Blue Bloods. I can hardly wait for this new Jessie Stone!

31. grinchy says:

Excellen! I hope I get that channel.

32. Beverly Floyd says:

I only get Hallmark Channel (not Hallmark Movie) so I’m very sad that maybe I cannot watch this new movie. Just love Tom Selleck.

33. Denise says:

Yay!!! I was afraid we would never see Jesse Stone again–thank you Hallmark and Tom Selleck. Love these movies–another one to add to our collection. Love Tom and hope this is the beginning of more Jesse’s.

34. Joan says:

I love the Jesse Stone series. Have seen them all on Hallmark. Love anything w/Tom Selleck in it from the Sackets to Jesse Stone.

35. John Dortmunder says:

The comments I have read so far are ridiculous in their praise of Tom Selleck as a good choice for Jesse Stone. Have you people actually read the books? Selleck would be a fine choice…as Jesse’s father….but playing the man himself is even more embarrassing than having 5’7″ Tom Cruise playing 6’5″ Jack Reacher. They have both made jokes of otherwise wonderful characters!

• Linda Jackson says:

John, An actor does not have to have every physical attribute as written by the author. How the actor portrays the character is the key. If you look like Tom Selleck at 70, then you can let us all know about it. Somehow, I don’t think that’s going to happen.

36. Laura C says:

I would watch it in a heartbeat but my DTV pkg doesn’t come with the HMM channel so I will have to wait for it to come to DVD or Netflix. I only get the regular HM channel. That sucks. Glad to hear they are making more though, Tom Selleck rules- in both JS AND BB.

37. jrandl says:

He is a pro, i will watch, He always has good stories, Once you turn it on, You cant turn it off His Westerns you cant beat either..

38. sue says:

Love that series and Tom Selleck

39. Jesse Ramirez says:

Love the Jesse Stone movies. Only I he would do one of the stories where he teams up with Sunny Randall they make a nice team.

40. Janet Derting says:

LOVE, LOVE Jesse Stone…..wish it was a tv series!!!!

41. Lynn says:

I’m so proud of Tom Selleck. from his Magnum PI series(and magnum mustache) with his great looks and sweet smile and personality to Blue Bloods and everything in between. It’s not often that we get to let the stars know how well thought of they really are but now I get the chance to speak my mind and to say thank you for all of the wonderful years you’ve given us in the entertainment world. yes he has gained a little weight and changed his hair style a bit but who hasn’t. he’s still a great actor and his looks haven’t faded a bit. I wish I got the Hallmark channel so I could watch his new series but I cut back wherever I can and cable has been cut to a magnum minimum. LOL. guess I’ll just catch it in a few years when it gets switched over to the lower channels. I look forward to many more years of entertainment from this still young man. thank you so much for everything you’ve brought into our homes for so many years. I’m looking forward to many more years of top notch acting from you.

42. Lynn says:

It’s not often that we are able to let the great stars know just how much they are appreciated and I J\just want to say “Thank you” Tom Selleck for so many years of wonderful entertainment. from Magnum PI to Blue Bloods, and everything in between. not only is he “STILL” great looking with that sweet smile and personality to the “Magnum Mustache but he is still right up there with the great actors. I wish they would put his new show on the lower channels where everyone could watch it but if I have to wait a few years to see it….so be it. good luck to you and your new show. I know it will be great and I’m so proud of and for you. Respectfully, ~Lynn~

43. Ron Brown says:

Great News! Tom Selleck is one fine actor. Its great to be back in Paradise

44. Diane Shaw says:

Selleck can rock it by just rolling a hoop. Anything he is in is worth watching. I thought he sewed it up in “IKE” but Jesse Stone …what can I say. Play on Thomas

45. I am a senior citizen and do not watch a lot of programs; however, I love this show and when I go to bed early I will set my alarm in time enough to watch Tom Selleck wouldn’t miss him.

46. We watch anything Tom Selleck plays in!

47. I love the Jesse Stone stories; but don’t get Hallmark channel or whatever it will be on. I hope it comes out on DVD so I can see it.

48. loved jesse. looked forward to each episode. overjoyed to have more.

49. mustang6984 says:

Works for me! Jesse Stone is one of the best cops on TV.

50. mustang6984 says:

Excellent…Jesse Stone is one of the best cops on TV!