Pilot News: NCIS Alum To Star in Shonda Rhimes' The Catch

The Catch Damon Dayoub

Mireille Enos has found herself a real catch of a man.

Damon Dayoub (NCIS) has nabbed the male lead opposite the Killing star in ABC’s drama pilot The Catch, from executive producers Shonda Rhimes and Betsy Beers, per The Hollywood Reporter.

The project centers on Enos’ Alice Martin, a woman about to get married and conned. Unbeknownst to her slippery fiancé Kieran (played by Dayoub), Alice — who investigates fraud for a living — is not all she claims to be. And when the fiancé’s expertly planned con collides with her perfectly constructed lies, they plunge into a dangerous game of cat and mouse.

Hannibal scribe Jennifer Schuur will pen the pilot, which is based on an idea by novelist Kate Atkinson and Helen Gregory.

Dayoub is also set to recur on ABC Family’s upcoming drama series Stitchers. On NCIS, he played Adam Eshel, Ziva David’s Mossad contact who helped DiNozzo track down his colleague/lady love.

1. Sheryl says:

Can’t figure out which novel this is based on…anyone?

2. Jon says:

He was in 3 episodes of NCIS. That does not make him an “alum”, miss Gelman. *shakes head*

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

I made that headline suggestion as the resident NCIS expert, and I’m A-OK with it!

• Jon says:

I feel like calling someone who has been only a few episode an “alum” is an insult to the actors who have been on the shows for years. Plus majority of the people won’t even know who this actor was on NCIS from the title. I have watched the show since the first episode, and I had to look up who this guy was on NCIS.

• Seriously? says:

Or you could have read the last paragraph where it states which part he played. I’ve watched NCIS since it’s pilot from JAG, I recognized him as Adam. *Some people just like to nitpick* SMDH

3. lechatnoir says:

Now Shonda needs to hire my fellow Frenchie gingerette Rachelle Lefebvre as Enos’s sister ( Par exemple ) and my life will be complete. This Ayoub guy ain’t believable as a Fiansay . He looks more like her jump off.

4. Tahina says:

I would have liked a rough looking guy maybe because I loved her with Holder(Joe Kinnaman). Either way will watch because of Mireile!

5. Marco says:

That sounds nice, but I hope she can guest as a cop investigating Rebecca’s murder on HTGAWM, y’know, even if it’s just for a reference joke.