Pilot News: Tales From the Darkside Reboot at The CW Finds Its Lead

Tales From The Darkside

Kris Lemche (HavenGhost Whisperer) will soon be living out his worst nightmares on The CW’s Tales From the Darkside, our sister site Deadline reports.

A remake of the iconic ’80s anthology horror series, Darkside follows a troubled young man named Newman (Lemche) who experiences horrifying events connected to a plane of existence known as The Darkside.

Darkside comes from writer Joe Hill (Horns) and producers Alex Kurtzman (Sleepy Hollow) and Bob Orci (Scorpion).

1. Angel says:

I’ve always liked him! Maybe I’ll watch…

2. Dude says:

I wonder what The CW will do regarding development of new shows. This seems like a weak development season for them. I’m assuming they’ll go forward with the Arrow spin-off, Julie Plec’s show and maybe (God, I hope not) Cheerleader Death Squad. Problem is though, they don’t really have room for new shows so either they’re going to premier more at mid-season or they’re working on padding their summer schedule.

• I actually kind of hope they do pick up Cheerleader Death Squad LOL but I have heard The CW plans to go into summer programming as well (one of the reasons they have so far renewed all there shows) so maybe there will be a spot for just about every pilot.

• johnhelvete says:

Seems likely that a few of the returning shows will not be doing 22 episode seasons and a few of those could be held to midseason or summer like you suggest.

• Gerald says:

Please tell me you are wrong about the arrow spin off. That will not do any favors for the arrow universe.

• Ally Oop says:

Cheerleader Death Squad has the stupidest premise of any of the new shows in development on any of the networks. I agree that it’s a weak development season. Usually, CW has a few pilots I’m really excited for but this year not at all.

3. Steven says:

He’ll always be Cute Boy God to me! I hope The CW picks this and Cheerleader Death Squad up. Not sure where they would possibly fit on the schedule considering The CW renewed every show they have, except Hart of Dixie.

4. topoopon says:

Wasn’t “Tales From the Darkside” an anthology series with no set cast?

• Melora says:

Yep. It was like a 80s dark Twilight Zone and it was produced by George Romero. I used to watch it as a kid.

• Sydney says:

Yeah it was.

• Aha says:

I am sure he’ll just encounter new dark events every week with a new cast.

• Dude says:

That’s what I thought too. Maybe they didn’t think it’d work without a set cast but it defeats the purpose of being an anthology.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

My stars, has no one here ever watched The Hitchhiker?

• Bartimeus says:

So are you saying it will be framed by this guy’s investigation and the middle will be cast of the week, story of the week? Cuz I actually like the idea of that. All set in the same continuity, could allow for great storytelling.

Dunno why everyone is so uninterested. I hope The CW picks it up. Could be another Jane the Virgin scenario in some way and pay off.

• Joe says:

Remake Hitchhiker then.

• Ally Oop says:

Eeek. Back in the 80s when Nightmare On Elm Street was on, my cousin always babysat me and would make me watch, then scare me with tales of Freddy Krueger coming to get me. To this day I’m afraid Freddy is gonna grab me and pull me under my car at night like on the series. No thank you to any horror anthology series not to mention no thank you to anthology series in general.

5. Dave says:

Interesting that Kris Lemche’s character on Haven was one of the Darkside Seekers…..

6. Nicolas says:

Is so difficult for a relative new network to get more weekly prime-time hours?

7. alistaircrane says:

I thought this was an anthology series?

8. Interesting twist. So it won’t be anthology then?

9. Erin Blake says:

Joe Hill and Kris Lemche, I’m all in for this.

10. Alex says:

Yawn. so much for original thinking. Seriously, is it necessary to reboot everything?

11. Jen says:

Kris Lemche!! What a legend, amazing in joan of arcadia, ginger snaps, final destination 3 etc, funny he’s always reminded me of Christian Slater (he was in the film version of this) but, you know, Kris has actual talent.