House of Cards Season 3 Premiere Recap: 19 Must-See Moments

Warning: The following story contains major spoilers from House of Cards‘ third season. Proceed at your own risk.

Netflix unleashed a new season of House of Cards on an eager electorate last Friday, and the results are in: Robin Wright’s Claire remains the real star of the show, the new White House sets look like they cost a small fortune, and the final seconds of Episode 13 were alternately inevitable and shocking.

Spoiler etiquette forbids us from delving too deep into the season at this early date, so let’s start at the beginning. Here are 19 moments from Season 3, Episode 1 that gave me pause.

1. Tim says:

If anyone’s seen Boss and all of Season 3 of House of Cards, have you noticed any similarities?

2. Rose says:

And here I thought I was the only one who binge watched all 13 episodes.. those last few seconds are everything!

3. Laura says:

I actually thought the sets looked like the ones used in the West Wing. There was even a similar window.

4. JC says:

I really hated season 3.

5. Matt C. says:

I can’t even think of 19 memorable moments from the entire 3rd season, let alone the first episode itself. Now that I’ve had time to reflect, I really, really hated the third season. I’m still going to watch season 4, but I’m only watching for Claire at this point. Season 3 made me despise every other character, including Frank.

6. schumi8 says:

Finished the season yesterday and I loved it. Maybe its my bias towards Kevin Spacey but even though the show took a different angle I still loved it. The focus on their marriage and them as a team was much more interesting for a change. They are the heart of the show so to see that bond fracture during the season was really interesting for me. Next season I expect Frank to be back to his manipulative best. For me this was a welcome direction in what is easily one of my favorite TV shows.

7. TeeOh says:

I felt early into season 3 that it was just a bridge to season 4. By the time I finished I felt that I was right. The drop off from the first two seasons was ridiculous.

8. Ellinas1978 says:

It’s almost a week now that it is out. I think with saying spoiler alert it can be discussed. 2 episodes a day and an extra on Sat or Sun, if you are really interested in it, you’ve watched already.

9. nancyldolan says:

I love HoC. Even when it’s not
    realistic. But even though I’m
    a woman (of the liberating 60’s),
    I have to talk to Claire. Sister, is it suddenly news to you that these
    years were to promote your
    Husband and not you? Hel-lo!!! Its your own fault for losing your ambassadorship! You completely ruined a Middle East
    peace agreement by verbally attacking the president of another
    country. Some diplomat! Is it
    menopause? Yes I saw you cooling
    off at the refrigerator. Stop making
    us women look stupid. Stay with
    Your husband and get some hormones.