Video: Kelly Clarkson and Jimmy Fallon Master the History of Duets

Move over, Justin Timberlake. Jimmy Fallon has a new musical partner-in-crime.

Having already mastered the history of rap, the Tonight Show host tackled his next feat: a history of duets with America’s first Idol, Kelly Clarkson.

The duo sang their hearts out – and tickled many funny bones – on such beloved numbers as Sonny & Cher’s “I Got You Babe” (complete with hair-flips), Dolly Parton and Kenny Rogers’ “Islands in the Stream” and Linda Ronstadt and Aaron Neville’s “Don’t Know Much.” Dumb and Dumber fans, meanwhile, will particularly appreciate a certain avian-related ditty.

So hit the PLAY button above, and try not to sing-along at home. Really, go ahead and try. We dare you!

1. EdTV says:

^ I couldn’t have said it better myself ^

• Sally says:

I love love love Kelly, and I know she’s happy at any size…..but she needs to find a new stylist who will put clothes that suit her frame better…..that dress and those flats…..my poor Kelly.

• DAG says:

Work those curves, hot mama! She’s a curvy girl, and she needs to flaunt it! More Cookie Lione, less Carol Brady. Love her!

• Grey says:

At Sally; I agree with you. :-) I saw her on “Sunday Morning” this past week and I loved her confidence but the outfit she had on wouldn’t have looked good on anyone no matter their size. She does need to find a new stylist to play up her fabulousness.

• Delirious says:

As someone who lost 40kg (almost 90lb), for both health and image, and as much as I might love Kelly Clarkson… It’s kinda :( to see her having gained so much weight. Not saying she should go back to how she was circa her MTV VMAs performance of Since You Been Gone, but not like she looks right now either.

And it sucks to feel bad for thinking like that, seeing that everyone’s all “hooray for feeling OK with any weight at all” and “yay, work those curves, feel proud”… Again, after a big weight loss myself. There’s a difference between “not being mean” or even “respecting everyone”, and “being excessively supportive for other people’s own good”

• Grey says:

Just to be clear, I know where you’re coming from and don’t necessarily disagree. I use to be 40 lbs. heaver myself and also had to lose it partly for health reasons (I was developing high blood pressure and my knees were killing me!). But I also just felt better not carrying all that excess weight around. I suspect that after a while Kelly might feel a need to change up some things, hopefully for the right reasons and not because of negative pressure, but in the meantime I think it’s good that people are accepting her for her. At the end of the day it’s all about being happy.

2. Mallory says:

These two are awesome. :)

3. Runner says:

Love Kelly so much!

4. Ally Oop says:

Awesome. I really enjoyed watching that. I know it’s impossible to fit every duet in but my personal favourite–Paradise by the Dashboard Light–wasn’t in there.

5. Jenna says:

Haha…that was awesome!

6. christopher bee says:

Please bring “DUETS” back, loved the show.

7. Paul7755 says:

I just can’t with Jimmy Fallon. His shameless and spineless celebrity pandering and hunger to ALWAYS be in the spotlight (by trying to out-do whomever is at his side) really really irks me. Nothing he does feels authentic anymore, there’s always that “look at me, look at me, I’m sooooo good at what I do” vibe to him.

• RUCookie says:

I know there are a few out there with you opinion Paul… I for one (and many more) feel that he is adorable and utterly talented. I enjoy his skits and antics… he has made the Tonight Show more like a Variety Show. Its fun to watch him and his guests have fun together.

8. TVNerd says:

she gave birth last June…she needs a better stylist…it’s fine she hasn’t lost the baby weight but that dress is not good to her figure

9. fiberlicious says:

Are there any people calling themselves singers who can carry a tune without electronic enhancement? Sheesh.