Pretty Little Liars Recap: I Must Confess

Pretty Little Liars Aria Ezra

Fresh off last week’s controversial lip lock, Aria found a romantic little note from Andrew in her locker on Tuesday’s Pretty Little Liars, prompting her to share the big secret with Emily — who was surprisingly judgmental for someone who’s currently dating a married woman (but whatever).

Of course, Aria’s first confession wasn’t nearly as devastating as her second; she sat Ezra down and told him that she wants to be single when she goes off to college in the fall, something he was expecting — but not at all prepared — to hear from her.

So, is this really the #EndOfEzria, as ABC Family’s suggested hashtag would have us believe? Or is this merely another temporary breakup for the show’s OTP?

Pretty Little Liars Hanna CalebBLONDES BEHIND BARS | For a while now — let’s say for the past 116 episodes — I’ve wondered, “Why don’t these girls just tell the police about ‘A’?” Well, me screaming at my TV finally paid off this week, because Caleb suggested Hanna come clean to avoid going to jail for Mona’s murder; and while Hana still ended up behind bars at the end of the hour, at least I finally got my answer:

When she tried to show “A”‘s texts to the authorities, someone hacked into her phone and wiped it clean! Such a crafty little minx, that one. (Oh, and did Hanna’s mom really need to ask her about “A”? Doesn’t Ashley know the murder rate in this town?! She’s got a wedding to plan, damn it!)

Pretty Little Liars Spencer ColinSECRETS AND GUYS | OK, let’s talk about Spencer and Colin now. Besides remaining arguably too British for his own good — he’s like a robot, programmed to only communicate with words like “flat” and “mate” and “hot toddy” — Colin also remained very hot for a certain Hastings sister. A night out to a bad Shakespeare play, followed by a few “pints” at the bar led to an evening of heavy petting back at his place. (Despite her success, Spencer could use a few dating pointers. Like, you’re out drinking with a cute guy! Stop talking about Hamlet!)

Anyway, Spencer was in for a rude awakening the following morning when she learned that Melissa and their mom lied about getting her an interview at St. Andrews; they really just wanted to keep her in London where she’d be safe. (Wait, Melissa lied about something? To her sister?! Trust me, I’m just as shocked as you are.)

PLL fans, what did you think of this week’s episode? Is Ezria really done for good? Did Spencer overreact with Melissa? Plus, with only two more episodes until the big “A” reveal, any new theories? Drop a comment with your thoughts below.

1. Nate says:

Ahhh wonder how many episodes it’s gonna take till we find out who ever is gonna be a this time actually isn’t

2. Justin Burnell says:

Reblogged this on THB Files and commented:
    The episode was intense but I still don’t spoil anymore.

3. Well a few years they had us thinking that it was Ezra well saw how wrong that was…So why they want do the same thing this time around. My only clue it look like man hands. Ezria are not done, and Spencer did overreact.

4. Mike says:

VARJACK—> A IS EITHER ARIA OR EZRA. WITH 2 MORE EPISODES TO GO AND 5 SEASONS OF CLUES I HAVE NARROWED IT DOWN AND BET IT ALL!!! WILL DECIDE BETWEEN THE TWO BEFORE THE FINALE!

5. Guest says:

I think it might be Toby. I adore him but he’s been too distant lately which makes me suspicious. Also who else on our list of potentials can get access to be inside a jail (besides mamma Hastings which I just can’t see being the big bad)? If it’s not Toby that police department/jailers have MAJOR issues if someone who isn’t suppose to be there could get into Ali’s cell

• CR says:

My guess for a while now has been that it’s Toby’s supposedly deceased mother. That she faked her death, which is why Mrs. D payed out a settlement to prevent any further research on the matter and she blew up her old house since the girls were searching for clues there. She was motivated by the Liars nearly killing her son and setting him up for blinding her step-daughter. Once Toby found out it was her, he decided to aide her and joined the police department.

• knaxgurke says:

But Jenna is not technically her step-daughter – she’s her husband’s step daughter. Toby’s dad married Jenna’s mum after Toby’s mum died. Plus, isn’t A supposed to have been in the first episode etc., and didn’t they see Toby’s mum’s body?

6. Amy37 says:

What a short recap.. just talking about two of the many things that happened.. you can’t call that a recap… seriously, the name varjack isn’t even mentioned.

7. S says:

One can only hope that Ezria is done for good. I wish Spencer would stay in London…away from all the crazy.

8. Rinnie says:

Why am I still watching this show ?

• G says:

Hah, I ask myself that every single season… I DVR it and wait 3-5 weeks into the season, to watch. To see if I want to invest… and I always do… and by the time the season is over, I’m so frustrated at the conclusion I always say “NO MORE”… then it comes back… what a vicious cycle.

9. spu says:

I think Aria did the right thing The show may bring Ezria back together in the end but for now I think she did the right thing for once! And Spencer totally overreacted Compared to all the lies that Melissa has told this is just a harmless white lie I really liked the sisters bonding!
    And oh I think Andrew is ‘A’!

• Musicfan5 says:

Andrew is at the top of my suspect list as well. We know he’s a smarty pants, and if anything, “A” is smart. He also has the physique if we’ve seen “A” do his own fighting. Plus Andrew was in the first episode. And did I mention Andrew begins with the letter…wait for it…”A.”

10. Brandy says:

Thank you for mentioning the nonstop British slang. It was making me LOL!

11. Krawummbatz says:

Erm, did anyone catch the “A” in the background next to Collins head when him and Spencer are talking about Hamlet at the flat? I couldn’t find something about this and starting to think I’m hallucinating hints :-P

12. Savannah says:

Guys… I think Caleb is going to be the big -A reveal, he’s super tech savvy, he’s always saying how he wants to protect Hanna and what better way to protect her other than putting her behind bars?

• Knope says:

I don´t think so, mostly because the only reason he´s back in PLL is because his other show didn’t work, so they brought him back…. but then again, this is PLL, apparently they change the story every two seconds

13. Pérola says:

Look. Spencer just kissed tão guys who are not his boyfriend in a few days. And I pretty much loved ver with both of them. So… I really don’t need her back with Toby. And can I just say that”London Spencer” is so much more sexy and fun than the normal one? Can we have a spin off with her in London? Pretty please?????

14. Bilal says:

walk me through this;
    why didn’t the liars screenshot the messages -A sent?
    Why didn’t Hanna screenshot her phone getting hacked?
    and finally isn’t it time Emily updates her iPhone to iOS 8?

15. knaxgurke says:

I was honestly a bit frustrated with them talking about the A threats on their phones all the time. I mean, they KNOW they’re essentially being watched and listened to all the time, they wanted to go to the police before and were “stopped” by videos of them being played in a shop window, so how did they think repeatedly saying “We’ll just show them the texts and they’ll have to believe us!” would NOT cause A to delete everything?! I thought maybe, just maybe, if they hadn’t said anything, they might have been successful, but this way I was waiting for it to happen, and voilá… surprise, surprise, A is one step ahead (with plenty of warning) again. Although in Hanna’s case I would’ve just taken the battery out of the phone/shut it off, maybe that would’ve helped. (Or wait, do stupid iPhones not have removable batteries?) Then again, theoretically they should still have plenty of paper-based threats to show them, if not the image of the blood vials. And essentially, even with lots of threats, the police coudl’ve just claimed they’d made them all up as false evidence.