Pilot News: Private Practice Alum KaDee Strickland to Lead CBS' Doubt

KaDee Strickland

One thing is certain about CBS’ upcoming drama pilot Doubt: its leading lady.

Private Practice alumna KaDee Strickland will topline the network’s potential series, our sister site Deadline reports.

Written by Tony Phelan and Joan Rater (Grey’s Anatomy), Doubt will star Strickland as Sadie, a smart, chic, successful defense lawyer at a boutique firm who shockingly gets romantically involved with one of her clients — who may or may not be guilty of a brutal crime.

Sarah Timberman and Carl Beverly (Elementary, Justified, Hindsight) will also serve as executive producers.

Strickland, who currently stars in a one-season arc on ABC’s Secrets and Lies, joins a cast that includes Psych‘s Dulé Hill, Orange Is the New Black‘s Laverne Cox and Alpha House actor Kobi Libii.

1. Kaitlin says:

Yes! KaDee has been my favorite since Private Practice. Good for her!

2. t.w.123 says:

Dule Hill! Laverne Cox! And NOW KADEE STRICKLAND!!! Man, I have never wanted a show to go to series so bad in my life. That is basically dream casting! I would watch every week, faithfully.

3. cyrano says:

If this makes the cut then it should run during the good wife hiatus or paired with madam secretary and good wife so they can reclaim the sunday @ 10 spot. This has a good enough plot with great actors. It has to somehow make it.

4. N says:

Love KaDee!

5. Babygate says:

Love her! I’m watching her on Secrets and Lies and keep expecting that trademark Charlotte southern drawl.

6. V. says:

So happy to get her back on tv. She slowly became the best part about private practice. Great casting.

• PRH says:

I loved her character on Private Practice and am glad to see her back on TV again. Personally Private Practice was the best of the Rhimes shows….especially the goofy Scandal and How To Commit Murder.

7. Ray says:

Only bad news is I love the current cast of Secrets and Lies. I agree about the southern accent, need that back on tv.

• PRH says:

I also love the cast of Secrets and Lies except the goofy friend and the mother of Tom. I suspect she killed him and I think she wants to get back together with Ryan’s character.

8. Me says:

And in episode 2 she gets disbarred….

9. Benjamin says:

I love KaDee Strickland’s work. But this makes me think, for some reason, that she is the likely killer on Secrets & Lies.

10. bradick says:

For some reason I was under the impression that Laverne Cox was the lead on this series. I love Strickland, but I was jazzed about having a trans lead on a major network. It’s a little disappointing.

11. DavidSask says:

I hope her man on new show is better believable factor than Ryan in Secrets and Lies, she looks like mother to him, one of many reasons peaced out that show after pilot!