TVLine Items: Daytime Emmys Go Pop, Dreadful New Posters and More

Daytime Emmys

The Daytime Emmy Awards are plotting their return to television this year, thanks to a new partnership with fledgling cable channel Pop.

Formerly TV Guide Network, the recently re-branded Pop will play host to the ceremony as part of a two-year deal. The Daytime Emmys were previously broadcast on HLN in 2012 and 2013; last year’s ceremony was merely streamed online at DaytimeEmmys.net.

The 42nd annual Daytime Emmy Awards will air Sunday, April 26, at 8/7c.

Ready for more of today’s newsy nuggets? Well…

* Showtime on Monday unveiled two more characters posters from Penny Dreadful‘s upcoming second season, featuring Josh Hartnett as Ethan Chandler and Eva Green as Vanessa Ives. The new season begins Sunday, May 3, at 10 pm.

Penny Dreadful Season 2

* Kim Raver (Grey’s Anatomy, 24: Live Another Day) will star in The Advocate, our sister site Deadline reports, an ABC drama pilot about a doctor who partners with a former talent agent to launch a healthcare consulting and case management company. Raver will play Frankie, a type-A businesswoman who recently experienced a dangerous misdiagnosis.

* Bravo has released the first trailer for the upcoming seventh season of The Real Housewives of New York City, which reunites Bethenny Frankel with her former frenemies, while also introducing newbie Dorinda Medley to the reality harem:

1. alistaircrane says:

Eileen Davidson should have submitted in Supporting Actress for her three episodes of Susan Banks on DAYS! That was an Emmy-winning comedic performance, plus she got to act opposite herself in the brilliant Susan/Kristen scenes.

• Sally says:

Bethanny, WTF happened to your FACE?????

• Zody says:

yes she should have been. She is also my favorite on THWOBH the housewives of Beverly Hills This is just terrible abuse in our face that we watch these shows and then they do not show the awards where we can see them Guess we need to stop watching the shows and maybe the awards would change

2. Kelly Deeny says:

That’s wonderful news about the Daytime Emmys!

3. mollytanner says:

DAYS has had kind of a down year overall compared to its last three, but those Sami/EJ scenes were amazing. I think Alison Sweeney deserves a nomination at the very least. Blake Berris and Camila Banus should be recognized as well– the Nick/Gabi story was my favorite.

4. Tran says:

The Daytime Emmy Awards would do a great job on POP this year. Really hope Drew Carey won’t get Emmy nominated again for Outstanding Game Show Host on The Price is Right. How long will Drew remains as host depending on his contract and what will the execs at CBS Daytime is going to do on the fate of the long running game show? In my opinion, Let’s Make a Deal with Wayne Brady is way better than The Price is Right with Drew Carey and both shows are produced by the “overrated” Mike Richards.

5. anonymouse says:

I guess his means that it won’t be shown in Canada then

6. kmw says:

That is good news that it will be back on television, but hopefully they will NOT have those girls on the red carpet that they had last year. They need to have people doing the interviews that know and respect the industry

7. Jimmy says:

I’m relieved a “real” channel is airing the Daytime Emmys. That online abomination last year was…oh, words fail me it was so awful. And it will be interesting to see it airing from a studio soundstage (on the Warner lot) rather than a ballroom or theater-type venue.

I believe this is also the earliest (late April) they’ve aired the Daytime Emmys, which used to be in May or June.

8. This bites! I’m glad it’s back on TV, but not EVERYONE has this “POP” network! I hope they also show this online as an alternate. VERY INCONSIDERATE. This is also the ONLY award show I care for!

• I have over 300 cable channels here in Canada but I do not have POP. Like you this is the ONLY award show that is really important to me because of my favorite and one and only soap opera, the Y&R. I wrote them and told them Canadians also like to watch this show so tell us what channel we could get it on up here. Hope you get to see it. Because I don’t get POP, I’d settle for an internet simulcast rather than nothing!

• N Renth says:

I agree. I don’t think Direct tv has the POP network either! Very inconsiderate to all of that watch daytime tv!!! They air every other award program on regular tv channels why can’t they???? Ridiculous!!!!!! Very upset about it!

• Zody says:

I have ATT Uverse here in Texas with 300 channels and I do not get it either – It does not show up on even the 450 channels on ATT This is Disgusting!

9. SAM says:

hello, can anyone tell me if the emmy awards are gunna be aired in Canada for us to watch ???

10. what channel in canada dont have the pop channel so how can we watch them