Chicago Fire Enlists Ugly Betty Alum Eric Mabius for Major Arc

Chicago Fire Eric Mabius

Former playboy Daniel Meade is lording over the ladies once more.

Ugly Betty vet Eric Mabius will recur on NBC’s Chicago Fire as Tom Nesbitt, a high-end strip club owner, our sister site Deadline reports.

After wrapping Betty, Mabius starred in the British drama Outcasts, which aired on BBC America, and the Hallmark Channel series Signed, Sealed, Delivered. He has also appeared on Scandal, Blue Bloods and Political Animals.

Fire fans, thoughts on Mabius’ casting? Any guesses on which character he’ll inevitably court?

1. Josh says:

Please have him court that Mary sue Gabby Dawson. So tired of her and Casey as a couple. He’s better without her

• KT says:

Totally agree that Casey is better off without her. I’m just so sick of Dawson. I’d prefer if she not date anyone on the show. Less of her would be a good thing!

• anonymous says:

I agree. Too much pandering to the needs of the lonely heart fan girls who feel that everyone on a show has to be paired up with a workmate.

• kn1231 says:

See I don’t really see why everyone loves Casey, and hates Gabby. I like Casey, but I prefer Severide so much more. As for Gabby, I like her too and didn’t mind her and Casey together. With that being said, I hope the guy they have cast as Severide’s buddy/new firefighter will be paired up with Gabby. But anyone who believes that Casey and Gabby are not endgame may be disappointed in the long run.

2. Television says:

He is so good in Signed, Sealed, Delivered. Please bring that series back to a regular tv series. Miss it so much. Best thing on tv lately.

3. Nancy says:

Those who hate Casey and Dawson are bound to be disappointed in the long run..

4. Karen says:

Hope Severide’new friend will start becoming involved with Gaby. He looks like he’ll be a great guy and friend. I do love Dawnson and Cassie too

5. eugenie says: