Disney Channel's Jessie Ending After Season 4; Spinoff Ordered to Series

Jessie Ending Spinoff

It’s official: After four seasons (and 101 episodes!) of nannying the Ross clan, Disney Channel’s Jessie is packing her bags and hitting the road — but the family’s story is far from over.

The network has given a direct-to-series order to an untitled spinoff starring three of Jessie’s charges, Emma (Peyton List), Ravi (Karan Brar) and Zuri (Skai Jackson). Curiously absent from the new sitcom’s cast are Cameron Boyce, who plays troublemaker Luke Ross, and Kevin Chamberlin, who plays the family’s housekeeper Bertram.

Jessie creator Pamela Eells O’Connell will executive-produce the spinoff, which begins production this spring.

Question for the fans: How do you hope Jessie ends its four-season run? And what’s your take on this continuation series? Drop a comment with all your thoughts below.

1. Jared says:

Interesting. I am really excited to find out what is happening with Emma, Zuri and Ravi. I will miss Jessie though, Luke and Bertram too.

2. Riana says:

They already tried this with So Random!. It didn’t work out.

3. Tran says:

Really sad to see Jessie end after four seasons the same goes to Austin & Ally.

• Johnnieblaze says:

I agree, while I’m a 41 yr old that still likes cartoons and kids shows lol, I still don’t get why they cancel shows with great ratings

I know sometimes the stars themselves just move on but not in every case.

• Annalock says:

Well, don’t worry. I’m fifty and I don’t care what it is. I love comedy’s period. I will miss Austin and Ally. I hope they do something that will have them in college. I really believe zac and Cody in college would be even more successful just as the other shows. They would be hilarious. I would love to see wizards become a series with all of them in their daily lives after the family wizard competition over. I really wish wizard had not ended.

• gina says:

I’m so disappointed. ..I love watching this show over and over with my boys. It’s clean and funny. Debby Ryan is a riot. Wish they would leave it alone. Where’s Debby Ryan goin?.

• patty says:

I am 46 and love the shows on Disney channel. I am upset to learn that Jessie is ending, I hope these new shows are gonna be as great as Jessie is .i love all the great shows on disney I grew up watching boy meets world now I watch girl meets world. dog with a blog is also one of my favorites. I will continue to watch as long as these new shows are good and worth my time, please don’t disappoint.

4. Cheri L. says:

That is curious, since Emma is the oldest. I thought she was going to be the one missing from this spin off. It would make sense for her to be gone, maybe college or boarding school (I can’t remember how old she is…16?), but what did they do with poor Luke?

5. Linday D says:

cameron has his own show on disney xd thats why he is gone..

6. Deardisneychanneljesseshouldbepickupforit,season5premiereandseason6premiere

7. Dj says:

It kind felt like it’s time for this to end. Plus I think Debby is ready to move on.

8. ritza says:

i dont want jessie to end i grew up loving the show

9. celrste says:

Jessie is awesome one kind of person who was is number 1 fan is Celeste Gonzalez

10. jamie says:

Jessie was the best show ever, Cameron Boyce was my favorite of all. I got almost every episode memberized word for word. It made me laugh when I felt bad. Going miss you guys.

11. DisneyDirector says:

In 2009, Disney announced that shows could finally pass their season 3 limit (60-65 episodes). Jessie is the 8th Disney show to pass season 3 including, That’s So Raven, Hannah Montana, Wizards Of Waverly Place, Phineas and Ferb, Kim Possible, Austin and Ally, and Good Luck Charlie. Jessie is the third Disney series to air its 100th episode or over its 100th episode. First being Wizards of Waverly Place and That’s So Raven. Disney ends their shows after four season due to budget. One day maybe 2016, 2017, or even 2020, Disney will act more like its mother channel (ABC) and pass its season 4 limit.

• patty says:

if a show is doing well it doesn’t make sense to me to end it after 3 seasons. don’t you think it is better to continue then to end a good thing? find it in the budget to continue!

• Brad says:

End Phineas and Ferb, and Kim Possible. Let the episodes of Jessie keep going. Why? Because everyone loves Jessie and it makes people laugh and the people are fans of Jessie. Jessie and everyone else in the episodes are cool. Let Jessie stay

12. name made up says:

whats the name?

13. grace hayes says:

first ant farm, now jessie.there notthing else good on tv .back to dvds there’s nothing good or fun on to

14. JVS says:

No! Luke and Jessie are literally the two best characters. I am going to cry.

15. cherese says:

Jessie is one of few shows left for parents and children to be able to watch without fear of inappropriate innuendos and material. So sad it was canceled, please bring back whole show, no spinoffs. Weekly treat in our household.

16. Titi says:

It won’t be the same without Debby,Cameron, and Kevin.

17. Amelia says:

I hope she finally gets married and the kids go of to college.

18. Sheo46 says:

I’m gonna miss Bertram the most!! I loved his character! He was so lazy like me LOL

19. Mac says:

I would hope Jessie and Tony get hitched…Luke either goes to a performing arts boarding school to major in dance or reunites with his mom. As to Bertram I could see him getting a position on food network doing a show on cheese.

20. Abrial says:

For my opinion I like all of the shows on disney channel.

21. adrian says:

no saldra cameron boyce en el spin off porque el se va a hacer una serie en disney xd

22. naomi says:

I love this show sad that it is ending why does it have to go it is the best show ever since I found out that it was ending I save d over 10 pics of Debby ryan 😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢

23. Elly says:

I think a Jessie spin off series is a awesome idea and they should tell more about the duo at the end of season four and the 100th episode could be about Jessie getting s big part in a huge tv show and hast to leave the Ross family.

24. drew says:

Too whom it may concern..my child is 9. An a girl. An love too see debbie ryan make cameos on new sitcom .she says it would be awesome! Thank you! Fr the eastcaost!

25. karin says:

Jessie is the best Disney show next to Austin and Ally. Jessie should keep going for at least two more years…the kids are still young enough and the youngest ones hav middle and high school to go through. And, Jesse is a great actress!!!

With Austin and Ally, I think they should find some kind of flaw (something wrong ) in the contract with Jimmy Strong and Austin start his singing and performing again….

After Good Luck Charlie ended, now Jesse and Austin and ally, there goes the Disney channel. Some of the new shoes aren’t worth watching one time. And, Disney is going to remove the best two shows on at the same time.

KC Undercover, in my onion is not a good show. I love Zen days, but I don’t know how the show has latest past the first few episode. Another great show is Living and Maddie!

Girl meets world is a good show.

But Gravity Falls, lab rats and some of the other new shows aren’t worth watching.

Why does Disney feel the need to end all the great shows…..their best shows after 4 seasons.

Disney = disappointing with all the good shows ending !!!!

26. Selina Chavez says:

they should make Jessie get a role in a big screen movie and Luke get a scholarship to a dance school. and Bertram should be elected president of the butlers society in Los Angels so he has to move there.

27. I want Jessie to marry Tony in the last episode and to get her acting career sorted out. However, I hope she still devotes her life to the Ross kids.

28. leilani says:

what about Luke Ross(Cameron Boyce) where is he going. Why isn’t he gonna be in the spin-off. he needs to bee in the show. he’s a Ross child he has to be there

29. i love to see a spin off just from , wizards of waverly place my self some time,s,

30. Debby Ryan says:

I am so proud of Peyton , Karan and Skai for their sitcom spinoff of our amazing hit show I am appearing in the show in a few episodes and so is Cameron. Kevin may or may not appear Pamela haven’t decided yet. Although I am going to miss working on the set I am going to continue to work on my music career and after that I will see what Hollywood has to offer me.

Thanks,
    Debby Ryan.

31. Sarah says:

Why do they have to do this 😭😭
    The storyline is not over it like letting down fans on a cliffhanger wich is a wreck
    You do realize that if you lose this show u will lose watchers I lost in in some shows but I love ( I repeat ) live this show
    As soon as the story is finish ur finished if not well u will more people as u go with out Jessie

32. Lulu says:

I think it will have to do with emma, Zuri, and their mom mostly, like traveling around the world with a fashion company or modeling agency, and Ravi will be with them as a meager type figure, possibly, stand it would kid of be like Luke Jessie and Bertram stayed home. Or maybe Luke will go to a boarding school, Bertram will quit and get his own shown, and the kids will dip rive Jessie off for good, even though Disney is too soft to do that she will come back in the last minutes to get rehired, and success but show then is over.

33. Lulu says:

I think it would be cool to see Zuri emma and Ravi get their own show. Maybe it could be about them traveling the world going to fashion shows with a big name modeling agency. Emma and Zuri could be models and Ravi could be a manager type figure, but Luke and Jessie and beta pm stayed home instead of going with them. That would be really a good plot line

34. Lulu says:

Maybe it will be about Zuri and Emma and Ravi traveling around the world in a fashion company but Bertram and Jessie and Luke stayed home

35. Logan says:

I (personally) will really miss Jessie. I remember watching it when i was sick and it always made me smile. Though I’m excited for the spin-off, I’m frustrated that Kevin Chamberlin will not make an appearance as Bertram, the lazy, utencil obsessed butler. He was the funniest character in the series!!!

36. I will miss Jessie and bertrum and Luke , but can’t wait til the new series with zuri, Peyton, and Ravi.Can’t wait til I see the last show , hope it is exciting.

37. Bailee says:

Jessie should keep going on because it is very funny and and it is one of the most that is not stupid anymore keep it going my family enjoys it

38. Maia says:

I don’t want Jessie to end!!! I don’t think bunked will be as good

39. ram says:

i am sad that they will end Jessie right after only 4 seasons

40. Amy says:

I’m just curious why the change when Debbie Ryan made the decision to direct, my kids and I love watching all of Disney channel’s shows but Jessie was one of our favorites we are sad to see the show end, especially Bertram, love him, hope to see him soon on another Disney show, would hate to see him part ways permanently, as for Cameron we will be watching his new show as well…..#curious and sad!!!!

41. Isabel says:

I personally (crazy thought) would be cool if London from the suite life on deck came and greeted her and she spills how Jessie’s name is actually Bailey and jessie has to tell the ross kids her life is a lie and she leaves to be with Cody…but that’s just a crazy thought

42. Judith Matter says:

I want to see Tony and Jessie finally get together.

43. Emily LeVan says:

I think it would be interesting if Jessie got an acting gig and that she has to move away to star in the (movie or tv show), The butler finds a partner. I don’t really know about Luke I didn’t think about any thing for him

44. sky says:

I WANT JESSIE BACK! i love jessie so much ive watch every episode at least 20 times

45. Chrystal says:

I absolutely love watching this show by myself and with my two girls who are 2 & 6. I love all the lessons and comedy that it has. We really hope it will end with Jessie and Tony getting married!! We wish the best to all of the cast. Love you!

46. eddie says:

I’ll miss the show Jessie , it was my favorite show !!!!!!!!

47. Sophie says:

I dont want that to happen i think that the series is perfectly fine how it is!

• Sophie says:

I dont want that to happen i think that the series is perfectly fine how it is!Jessie is one of,no, my favorite show of all time they can’t do that ,and jessie luke and bertram have to at least still be there!

48. Stephanie Rubio says:

I think you should bring Jesse back after bunked b/c bunked is just for the summer and Jesse was my favorite show, so could you please bring it back!!!!

49. i REALLYYY hoped that luke would be in the spinoff series because hes funny but i will obviously MISS luke jessie and bertram. i want the show to continuse so BAD

50. amsuume says:

In as much as I love watching this show, season four episode one just pissed me off. I mean I cant believe people still look at Africa with the same old sterotype eyes of thinking Africa is just a country with a lot of primitive wildlife and life style. It really reprented Africa as carnivorous jungle with no civilization . Watching that episode made the actors and producers look stupid ,racist, sterotype and uneducated. Seriously Emma jeep is an African name for a limo?? That is way off the line. There was no form of civilisation portrayed but hey they came in a plane where did they land on the trees? Africa is a continent with civilised countries and people and with beautiful infrastructure maybe not as developed as Europe Asia and America but certainly not as primitive as the earlyman’s cave and the lions jungle as the show portrayed. If you have no knowledge of something do some research do not assume you know .that said the series should end with jesie realising her dream and the kids learning some leasons of being responsible. Most importantly the parents should give their jobs a break and do their parenting job.