Exclusive

The Voice Sneak Peek: Will a Pharrell-Xtina Alliance Shake Up Season 8?

It’s probably safe to say that the longstanding bromance between Blake and Adam on The Voice will never die. But could it be usurped by something new and shiny?

As the following exclusive video suggests, the answer is a definite maybe — thanks to a budding buddyship between returning coach Christina Aguilera and Season 7’s breakout star Pharrell Williams.

He’s already complimenting her eyes and her ears — and she’s imitating his trademark shimmy. Season 8 (premiering tonight at 8/7c on NBC) may be the year of Xell (we cannot get behind Phartina).

Press PLAY for a full preview of the latest Voice alliance, then hit the comments with your thoughts.

1. Kim&Bey says:

I don’t find humor in things that Blake says esp when he’s taking digs at the other judges, I can never tell if he’s joking or not. He’s wound so tight, love the other three though super easy going.
    Phartina…Lol, crazy!

2. Slowride says:

<3 Phartina !

3. Kierowca, jego wiek, zawód i doświadczenie w prowadzeniu auta
    nie są jedynymi elementami, które wpływają na
    ostateczną cenę polisy.

4. Jules says:

Phartina Pharevah!!!!!

5. christina is a very negative edition of the show now, She has no right running out to a contestant before the voiting. She puts herself in front of the kids. She is so egotistical, I might stop watching and would but I love Adam, Blake and Pharell so much. She needs o stop making it about her…….she should be told to stop. It was so refreshing with Gwen and Shakira who were so loving towards the kids. No egos with anyone but Christina who should calm down .
    Nova Lanktre

6. mark murphy says:

I grew up in a racial world Farrell. But I’m my own person, and I just think you are the bomb. Your a role model for your people, and I pray that I’ve said nothing to offend you but more to motivate you
    I wish we knew each other. God bless

7. Mary fitz says:

Pharrell is the consummate team leader: always boosting a singer’s confidence thru encouragement.
    I see that Xtina is really trying to be more of a “team player” ( and the team keeps reminding her in their offhand comments!). Hopefully, that will keep the naysayers at bay.. She, obviously, has read all the negative comments about her from the past…Hands down, she offers the most
    Insightful critique ( IMO). We’ll see if her “new” attitude continues!

8. jais says:

i love adam blake christina and pharrell that this is something they did not have all the other seasons especially the top3 best seasons season 5 6 and 7 but season 8 is the best of the best

9. Gigi says:

The show is about new talent and the professional artist as voice coaches. There ego are so large they forget there coaching jobs and make the show about them. Adam is a cry baby ever season.comes off very unprofessional. Blake comes off as a unprofessional drunk. Pharrell took the coaching job serious last season but falling into the routine of Blake and Adam this season.