Glee Cast Says Goodbye: Photos from Their Final Days of Filming

Glee Series Finale Photos

While you watched Brittany, Santana and [Spoilers, kind of] walk down the aisle on Friday’s Glee, the cast was busy getting emotional about wrapping the series — and if you thought the wedding’s guest list was extensive, just wait ’til you see who’s returning for the last hurrah.

On the eve of her final day on set, Lea Michele shared a group photo of everyone fans can expect to see in the coming weeks. Ready? Let’s do this.

For starters, all of the original New Directioners are back in the final four episodes, including Dianna Agron — who was unable to attend Friday’s wedding episode due to scheduling conflicts — and Dijon Talton, who played the gone-but-apparently-not-forgotten Matt Rutherford in Season 1. (Remember him?!)

The former newbies are also back in action, including Jake (Jacob Artist) and Ryder (Blake Jenner). And is that Will’s ex-wife (Jessalyn Gilsig) we see standing next to Emma (Jayma Mays) in the back row? Talk about awkward.

Heck, they even managed to wrangle Jesse St. James (Jonathan Groff) and cave-man Joe (Samuel Larsen) for the big bon voyage!

Browse our gallery of behind-the-scenes photos from Glee‘s final run below, then drop a comment: How do you hope it all ends?

1. MrMank says:

This show has been flatlining for the last three years. I can’t believe people are still writing about it.

• MrMank says:

And yes, I realize the irony of that last statement. LOL.

• Nellie says:

Marley, Jake and Ryder? Anyone see them?

• Nellie says:

Also, does anyone else thinks its weird that they make Kevin sit in his Artie wheelchair for a cast photo? That and Dots beard were not needed.

Also, no Jayma Mays?

• 'A' Has Spoken says:

Well they had just finished the scene and took the picture. I mean, why make Dot go and take off the beard then come back to take the picture? And Jayma is there. She’s right next to Dot (top row) in the hat. Jessalyn (Terri) is next to her too. Jacob (Jake) and Ryder (Blake) are also there. They are in the row in front of Dot’s. Melissa was apparently the only one not there, though. Some said they saw her but she’s not in the picture.

• Nellie says:

Got it! I just saw a more clear picture, so I’m making out the faces better. Who is the guy on the right with the long hair? Is he the hockey bully from years ago?
            Also, I guess the Irish kid Rory wasnt able to make it. I wonder why Melissa couldn’t make the picture. I understand they just finished the scene but Kevin could have stood up.

• Lizzie says:

Don’t think Melissa made it out, she’s getting ready for Supergirl pilot. Sad to see this show. As an original fan (like I saw it when it premiered in May and waited all summer) the show lost it’s spunk somewhere around the 2nd season but it still did something different and amazing.

Also why wouldn’t they ask any of the warblers back, they have J Groff who wasn’t in New Directions. Did they figure since they couldn’t Grant back they couldn’t get anyone else.?

• LennyOverstreet says:

is Damian Mcginty invited ?

2. Leah says:

What about Lauren Zises?(is that her name or am I combining her real name with character name?)

3. ggny says:

Sugar Motta! Also ya where is Lauren

4. Bob says:

Show jumped the shark a long time ago

5. L says:

Is Marley in there somewhere?

6. karenb says:

Oh wow Matt! Always wondered where he went. Lol. Yay for Ryder, Jake and Joe! Looking forward to it. Even though I’m sad the show is ending. So shoot me.

7. Network says:

Love it or hate it, Glee did something no one thought was possible for TV. Not only did they do it, they also made a giant success out of it. It is also one of those things, at least in my opinion could probably never be done again. It’s a bummer that it’s going out with such a whimper but hopefully it is remembered for more than that.

• di says:

well said, Network. I kept with it, though. There were a couple of real good episodes so far this season, but didn’t like last night’s episode. Kurt and Blaine just got back together and the next day they are getting married, along with Brittany and Santana, and they are all only about 20 or 21 y.o.–thought it was way too soon for them to be getting married.

• murley says:

Absolutely. It was the definition of a cultural phenomenon when really it should have been a cult classic. I think it will be remembered fondly and rediscovered by people in the future and appreciated for what it was and what it did. I think some day it will be the cult classic I expected it to be when I first watched the special preview of the pilot they aired.

8. KC says:

Glee has been one of the most ground breaking TV shows to be on the air in a long time. There was nothing like it and there will never be anything like it in the future. It case on the air in a time when everyone needed to learn from it. Last night’s episode was beautiful and loved seeing a lot of the old regulars there. They are wrapping up and it’s been emotional for them – they have spent the last 6 years together. I will miss this show!

9. Rain says:

Who is the child in the lower right corner

• 'A' Has Spoken says:

He’ll be introduced next Friday in the episode “Child Star”. He’ll be eventually joining New Directions.

10. 'A' Has Spoken says:

A break down of the people in the photo for those who can’t really tell.

1st Row: Lauren Potter, Jonathon Groff, Lea Michele, Kevin McHale, Chord Overstreet, Diana Agron, Amber Riley, Jane Lynch, and JJ Totah

2nd Row: Jenna Ushkowitz, Harry Shum Jr., Vanessa Lengies, Ian Brennan (creator), Matthew Morrison, Brad Falchuck (creator), Dijon Talton, Darren Criss, Ryan Murphy (creator), and Mark Salling

3rd Row: Noah Guthrie, Marshall Williams, Laura Dreyfus, Chris Colfer, Billy Lewis Jr., Samantha Marie Ware, and Finneas O’Connel

4th Row: Max Adler, Heather Morris, Naya Rivera, Ashley Fink, Becca Tobin, Jacob Artist, and Blake Jenner

5th Row: Dot-Marie Jones, Jayma Mays, Jessalyn Gilsig, Alex Newell, Samuel Larsen, Mike O’Malley, Romy Rosemont, and Iqbal Theba

11. JJ says:

Where’s Marley Rose???

12. Joe Mama says:

WHO THE KCUF CARES??….this TIHS was wasting airwave time for TOO long…

• MMo says:

Obviously by the fact you decided to click on this article take the time to comment, you care quite a bit. If people who hate the show really didn’t care, they wouldn’t be bothered to comment or read anything related to Glee.

• John O'Brien says:

Pork You!

13. Nana3 says:

I wish that they could of had Artie hold a photo frame of Finn (Cory Montieth) since was with the show from y 1. I think that would of been fitting a tribute to him. Also where is Unique, I don’t see her in the group photo.

14. Nana3 says:

Also I noticed that the guy with the long braided hair Joe and the Irish guy Rory are not pictured and the piano guy as well.

• 'A' Has Spoken says:

Samuel Larsen (Joe) is there. Right next to Alex Newell (Unique) on the top row. And Damian McGinty (Rory) was touring with his band/group at the time. Brad (piano guy) was there but apparently didn’t take the picture.

15. Amie says:

I kind of miss seeing Stephen Tobolowsky. Sandy Ryerson was there at the beginning!

16. Fernanda says:

Why Chris Colfer is behind everybody? And of course Darren is next to Ryan Murphy. Groff is with Lea, StBerry Endgame please… no more Samchel

• Lua says:

I think the same about StBerry and Samchel. Sam is cute but they should stay friends. For me the perfect ending would be Rachel and Jesse starring at the same musical on Brodway.

17. Rafael says:

I hope that Sue Sylvester character gets officially terminated at the end of this series by then!

It looks like Marley, Jake and Ryder characters are also returning since Sue’s dark secrets has been officially revealed and continuously exposed to the public!

• 'A' Has Spoken says:

They aren’t returning for Sectionals or anything. Just the final episode (the huge group number pictured). And apparently Melissa Benoist (Marley) was the only one absent for that.

18. alistaircrane says:

If Terri is back, I will watch! Terri was my favorite and I stopped watching when she left.

19. jm says:

Is funny that the Rory character is the only undefeated in all Glee story. He won every tournament he parcitipated.

Nice to see Matt from season1 there. he was one of the original…

20. jrex says:

Who’s the little kid next to Sue?

21. ronnie says:

Interesting how Lea Michelle is not pictured with any of the other ladies in the photos. That speaks volumes about her reputation on set with some of the female co-stars. Although I do hear that she and Jenna are still friends.

• Karissa says:

No it doesn’t. That means nothing. Just because she inst standing next to a female does not mean she has issues with her female co-stars. You are just trying find a way to bash lea.

• Marla says:

Her…reputation as a hardworking, talented individual who had to do twice, sometimes three times the work as everybody else and basically carried this show? Do you realize how petty and small you’re making the other women seem in your sad attempt to bring Lea down? Grow up.

• Jeff says:

Except there was a video of BTS when she was talking to Becca, Dianna and Amber. nice try though.