Exclusive

Sleepy Hollow Finale Sneak Peek: The Witnesses Meet Again — With a Twist

Sleepy Hollow Season 2 Finale Video

Everything new is old again in this exclusive sneak peek from Monday’s  Sleepy Hollow Season 2 finale — and if it causes you to have flashbacks to the series’ premiere, that’s no coincidence.

This time around, it’s Abbie in the cell (in the 18th century) and Ichabod who thinks he’s encountered a lunatic… until she blurts out some very sensitive information about the soon-to-be-Headless Horseman.

RELATED Where’s Sleepy Hollow‘s Kindred? Star Tom Mison Has a Marvel-ous Theory

(The best part, in our opinion? The tiny smile on Abbie’s face when Ichabod says, “Your turn of phrase is most confounding.” That’s the Crane we know and love!)

The episode (Fox, 9/8c) picks up directly after Katrina’s spell drags Abbie back to the 18th century. According to the official synopsis, “Familiar faces will perish and a key relationship will implode beyond repair.”

Intrigued? Press PLAY on the video below to get a first look at the hour.

1. I hope there’s a season three. I’m up to the seventh episode of the current season and I don’t want it to end.

2. Brigid says:

Oh man this looks so good! I love this show and can’t wait for Abby and Ichabod to work together in the past to stop Katrina and headless. Here’s hoping we get a Season 3 because unlike others, I love this season.

3. David4 says:

There is not time travel in this show?

If there is a season 3 will there be aliens?

4. Angela says:

That synopsis has me so nervous. So, so nervous. Looking forward to the episode, though.

5. AW says:

I hope Season 2 finale will get the series back on track.

6. Mike C. says:

Of course this makes no sense at all. If Ichabod had met Abbie back in the 1700s, then when HE was time-traveled to present day he would have recognized her as someone he had met before. This whole show has gone off the rails entirely.

• Gail says:

Have to wait to see what happens first. Does Abbie going to the past change the outcome of when Ichabod and headless battle? Katrina obviously wants to change things. Perhaps Katrina removes the memory of Ichabod meeting Abbie in the past. Perhaps Ichabod did know that he met Abbie before but knew he had to pretend that he didn’t know her.
      We don’t even know if the entire episode is set in the past or if something is also going on in the present.

• Alichat says:

You’re thinking too linear. When Ichabod woke from his witchy hyper-sleep, he had not met Abbie yet. The time travel event had not occurred. Now that she has time jumped, a whole new timeline has forked from that point. When/If she returns to the present day, then he will remember meeting her in the 1700s.

• Rgb says:

I agree with Alichat … only after what happens in this upcoming episode will affect what Crane remembers when he first woke up in Season1. It can only change if the outcome changes.

• ChellemaBelle says:

Maybe the show will become similar to Fringe’s alt universes, but this time with a split that will at some point need to be rejoined to put everything right. (Yes, I know Sliding Doors also had it, but not even in same ballpark.) This would give a reset opportunity for the dual roles John Noble completely masters. White tulips for everyone! :)

7. justsomeguy says:

The premise, and the cast are simply too good for this show to be where it is. Sleepy Hollow shouldn’t be on the verge of cancellation, but the writers and producers squandered an entire season by trying to change what made the show successful in the first place. The show is FINALLY getting good again, but I dunno if it can be saved anymore. Too many people with those precious Nielsen boxes have already checked out. Good luck getting them to come back even if they get a season 3.

• Tenney says:

I completely agree with you. I was scratching my head for most of the 2nd season wondering what was so off with the show I loved during 1st season. The past few episodes are more like the Sleepy Hollow of old and the show is really good again. It’s a shame it went off the rails because it’s hard to get people back once they’ve left. I’m just going to look forward to the finale and hope it has a season 3.

• AW says:

Agreed, I just hope tonight’s finale will reset everything and forget Season 2, and have a Season 3 which can be a do-over for season 2 and/or be better than seasons 2 or season 1. I hope the viewers will come back.

8. Pat says:

I am anxious to see how Abbie adapts in the 18th century. I am sad, that this is the season finale. I just hope she is returned to the 21st century before this episode ends and my guess is that only Katrina can return her.

• Angela says:

Considering what Katrina did to Abbie on this week’s episode, that’d be highly ironic!
      But with all this talk of going back to the past and everything, and given some other people’s posts here, I’m starting to wonder if that’s how the season will end, with Abbie and Ichabod separated again by time/century. Maybe that’s what the synopsis means in regards to a relationship “imploding beyond repair”.

• worldtraveler9 says:

According to another article I read, Abbie will meet someone who is part of her past in 1781, and perhaps that person will be able to help her return. Or perhaps we shall see the Good Reverend Knapp…

• Kimberly says:

Let’s not forget about the diary her ancestor kept. The one who delivered Henry/Jeremy. Plus there’s the coven who didn’t want Katrina to put Ichabod to sleep. So…who knows how this will go?

9. DarkDefender says:

With all the missteps this season, which put it in a sophomore slump creatively… I must say this twist is brilliant. The nod with the strings version of Sympathy for the Devil while Abbie walked down the road was as cool as Ichy’s trek in the pilot. Now she is the fish out of water and I hope they stick with this into early season 3. I really hope for renewal, cause it looks like we are getting back on track.
    I also hope with the “reset” of sorts.. That John Noble comes back at some point as Jeremy.

10. sladewilson says:

At the end, as long as Abbie, Ichabod and Jenny are still together and alright, I’m good with the rest….

11. CM says:

This storyline screams “entire show reset”.

It’s truly like the showrunners have just finally raised their arms and said, “We really screwed up a perfectly good TV show and have no idea how to fix it, so we’re just going to start from scratch.”

12. azu says:

The way the writers are fan pandering by demonizing Katrina is so left field and lazy

• worldtraveler9 says:

I disagree; Katrina was headed for the dark side since she met Solomon Kent and he told her she had dark powers. Crane said she’d been “distant,” and it was shown once or twice that she was experimenting with the dark side of her magic. When her son came to her about setting up a new coven of witches in Sleepy Hollow, she was only too happy to join him.

• Raynell says:

Katrina had been headed to the dark side since the first season, I believe. I never trusted her. I never understood her reason for being apart of all this anyway.