TVLine Items: Lena Dunham Finds Scandal, Orphan's Big Debut & More

Lena Dunham Girls

Scandal superfan Lena Dunham is teaming up with the Gladiators.

The Girls creator/star will guest-star in a March episode of the ABC drama in a top-secret role.

Per EW.com, which first reported the news, Dunham’s character may have a connection to OPA.

Ready for more of today’s newsy nuggets? Well…

* Orphan Black‘s Season 3 premiere will air simultaneously on BBC America, AMC, IFC, SundanceTV and WE tv on April 18 at 10/9c.

* Tom Hanks will be the first guest on The Late Late Show With James Corden, which premieres March 23.

1. herman1959 says:

Oh please, isn’t it bad enough that Scandal is dealing with crazy story lines, now we have to get into celebrity guest-stars? Shonda, you are just killing this show!

• Nellie says:

Why is Orphan premiering on all of those channels at the same time? Its nice to have options, but seriously…….all of them?

• Meagan says:

It’s because AMC just bought BBC America this past year. They’re cross promoting the show because a lot of cable customers don’t have BBC America and OB is the best show on that network, at least IMHO.

2. Luis says:

But how is ABC going to get the FCC to let them show off Lena’s boobs?

3. kirads09 says:

Well, I didn’t really need another reason NOT to watch Scandal, but this would be high on the list.

4. David4 says:

I third all the Scandal hate. The show has become horrible garbage that I hope they can turn around fun very quickly. This isn’t doing that though.

And Orphan Black on several channels makes me happy.

5. Marco says:

Is she guest-starring as a woman who sexually abused her sister? …Oh wait, that’s something she did IN REAL LIFE.

• wild_child says:

thank you for saying this..it baffles me how she got away virtually scott free for her despicable actions. Oh the privilege of being…oh never mind. I guess this will just be one episode fo Scandal I won’t be watching.

• Lucifer says:

The privilege of being a woman. Not sure if you were going to say “white” but many have made this into a race issue when it’s only about how society is very lenient on female sexual predators. Stephen Collins, a white man, admitted to being a sexual predator and immediately lost all of his current and upcoming jobs including a part on Scandal. Lena Dunham graphically details how she sexually and psychologically abused her little sister and she gets a pass from everyone in the industry including the show that fired a man for doing the same thing.

6. I can handle all the crazy off the wall things that happen in Scandal, but I absolutely despise Lena Dunham. I will not be tuning in for her episode(s).

7. I’m so excited. Lena is talanted and Scandal is awesome. CAN’T WAIT!

8. Tran says:

James Corden will do a great job as the new host of The Late Late Show with Tom Hanks as his very first guest come March 23rd.

9. Sam says:

Well it’s a good thing I stopped watching when it came back isn’t it? Gross gross gross.

10. Samara says:

Oh goodness me, not her! why her! Have we not suffered enough.

11. Vera says:

Because Lena Dunham hired Judy Smith as her PR-rep (and what else) in real life?

• Babygate says:

Omg! Great catch. I had totall forgotten about that. Great insight into how things work in Hoolyweird where promoting deviants is politically correct.

12. Demi says:

There is just something weird about the casting of Lena Dunham on Scandal. Hoping it’s not more than an episode.

13. Josh Emerson says:

EW. Please keep her away from shows I actually like.

14. Josh Emerson says:

Oh, and I have to say I am SO excited to see James Corden hosting the Late Late Show. I’ve loved him ever since discovering Gavin and Stacey years ago!

15. Leah says:

That’s great news. AMC has way more subscribers than BBCA, right?

16. Babygate says:

Seriously? I know Shonda likes to be progressive and stuff but promoting a child-molester is a new low. This woman is gross. This may be the first episode I ever miss. Scandal is already pushing the envelope with their latest plot, they don’t need this eye sore to repel viewers.

17. Bigref says:

Really Lisa Dunham? What to lure over the 7 addled viewers of Girls? Some one needs to start a trailer trash channel and have all these non funny d-list types like Ms, Dunham and Kathy Griffin so that all the ugly that oozes out of there brains can all be kept in one, closely guarded place. Then non-mutants will be free to channel surf and have no fear of seeing Lisa’s breasts yet again.