Exclusive

The Slap Sneak Peek: It's Judgment Day for Harry — Will He Be Punished?

The Slap NBC

In last week’s miniseries premiere of The Slap, Harry (Zachary Quinto) made it pretty clear that he’s not someone you want to anger.

And on this Thursday’s episode (NBC, 8/7c), he really drives that point home.

TVLine has an exclusive sneak peek at the show’s second installment — told from Harry’s perspective — in which he faces a judge for slapping another couple’s tantrum-throwing child.

RELATED How Did NBC’s Slap Strike You?

Though Harry essentially walks out of the courthouse with a slap on the wrist — no pun intended! — he makes it clear to his cousin, Hector (Peter Sarsgaard), that he’s not going down without a fight.

Press PLAY on the video below for an exclusive sneak peek at the episode, then hit the comments with your thoughts!

1. wrstlgirl says:

I’m curious how this show is going to progress, I’ll be watching.

2. Tran says:

Hope The Slap will end after eight episodes and not return for a Season Two even though it’s a “limited series”.

3. Nick says:

Someone should slap that guy!

4. cadettssk says:

I plan to watch the show especially to see what happens to Harry. Zach Quinto is great but the cast is riveting as well. Like to think the show will have a happy ending. So much dysfunction but the characters have the potential to heal.

• Meredith says:

I love flawed characters redeemed, but there wasn’t a single character who inspired empathy in me or that I identified with in any way. I was really excited for this show but I found everyone to be such horrible people that it killed the show for me.

5. Marci says:

That little brat’s parents should have been keeping him under control, especially as guests in someone else’s home. I blame them for the incident. And if I had been Hector, I would have kicked them out of my home.

• I agree – I totally understand Harry’s anger! That being said, once he took the bat away from the brat, there was no reason to hit him. He acted in the spur of the moment, and I wouldn’t like it if someone else hit MY kid, but come on – what terrible parents Rosie and Gary are!! They are absolutely to blame.

6. herman1959 says:

This clip did nothing to encourage me to continue to watch, the most likable person in it was the judge. That said, I will give the show another go to see what’s behind Harry’s anger.

7. Zoe says:

Already, this show has fallen into an “Under the Dome” situation, where I watch it BECAUSE it’s bad, just to laugh at it and make fun of it. …Well, that and the fact that Zachary Quinto is in it. I could watch this show on mute and still enjoy looking at him.

8. i ONLY watched the first 40 minutes or so and then lost interest. I don’t watch stupid. All of the grownups totally overreacted.