Ratings: Constantine Finale Flat, Five-0 and Shark Tank Slip, Glee Ticks Up

Constantine Cancelled Renewed

NBC bubble drama Constantine wrapped its freshman run on Friday night with 3.1 million total viewers and a 0.8 rating, up 6 percent in audience while flat in the demo.

Leading out of that, Grimm (4.7 mil/1.1) dipped a tenth in the demo.

Elsewhere….

CBS | Undercover Boss (8.5 mil/1.2) added some eyeballs but dipped a tenth in the demo. Hawaii Five-0 (9.5 mil/1.1) slipped two tenths, while Blue Bloods (11.3 mil/1.3) was steady.

ABC | Leading out of a Charlie Brown special (damn that bully always taunting the Little Red-Haired Girl!), which at 4.5 mil/1.0 underperformed vs. the usual Last Man/Cristela line-up, Shark Tank (7.7 mil/1.8) held steady in audience but slipped two tenths in the demo.

FOX | Funniest Fails (2.4 mil/0.8) was flat, while Glee (1.8 mil/0.6) ticked up a tenth.

1. Nicolas. says:

Where are the CW’s ratings?

2. Georgia Madman says:

Here’s hoping that Constantine gets renewed

• Ray says:

Fat chance. A freshman fall show that had to halt production, no back nine order and ratings below a 1.0 is not going to see a second season on network television.

• C$ says:

One thing to consider is that every other show NBC made a decision about they made clear this year. I really don’t see a reason to assume that they’d lie until the last minute about Constantine, I think the most likely story is that they are considering options… Which is better than nothing I suppose. But it’s been more steady than not especially in DVR numbers so I’m hoping that at least could be a factor in making the rumored network jump to something like Syfy a reality.

• Ray says:

Syfy senior executive Ted A’Zary recently tweeted that Constantine will not be moving to Syfy. He’s not sure where those rumors even originated but I do….delusional fans.

• Temperance says:

They had to halt production to reshoot & recut the pilot, and it was stated by NBC that the delay had removed the possibility of a back nine order because there would not be enough episodes aired for evaluation by their deadline. Renewal would be based on the eps aired. Frankly, considering the rocky start, the show needed a bit more publicity to up it’s numbers on Friday. The show itself recovered nicely, and got better and better in quality as it went.

• Cass says:

I’m keeping hope alive with you. The numbers on it are the same as Hannibal’s first season. If NBC wants to continue putting more new material on during summer months, I think it would be a fine addition.

• James says:

The difference is that Hannibal had tons of critical acclaim, so NBC chose to stick with it. TV shows usually need at least one, wither ratings or critical acclaim, to survive. And Constantine doesn’t really have either. I think it has a chance of surviving but I wouldn’t bet on it.

• DarkDefender says:

I hope they give another 13 order for Constantine. I really like that show. It got better every week and the finale cliffhanger was just enough to want to see how it can play out.

3. Harry_Wild says:

CBS should re-air the original Hawaii 5-0 episodes in the same time slot as the current Hawaii Five-0! I bet it gets double the ratings since the original is a much better show all around. The current Hawaii Five-0 just has technology and no connection to crime solving in the scripts. It just technology told use this in the last 6 minute of the show; so they go out and arrest that person(s). It all DNA most part! In summary; bunch of crappy episodes based on technology findings. No crime solving like the old show and real police work!

4. Tran says:

One thing I learned from last night’s episode of Hawaii Five-O: I won’t put butter on my coffee.

5. H says:

Goodbye Constantine, see you in hell I guess!