Vampire Diaries' Steven R. McQueen Reflects on 6 Pivotal Jeremy Moments (Including That Infamous Shirt Rip)

Vampire Diaries Jeremy Leaving

Not ready to say goodbye to Jeremy on Thursday’s Vampire Diaries? Don’t worry, neither is Steven R. McQueen.

“Jeremy’s been through a lot, including dying [at least] twice, so I think it’s about time he got out of Mystic Falls,” he tells TVLine. “But it’s still going to be sad to see him go.”

But rather than dwell on TVD‘s sad, Jeremy-less future, we’re choosing to look back on all the reasons we’re going to miss him, from his “punk” phase in Season 1 to his (unscripted!) first kiss with Bonnie in Season 2 to his infamous shirt rip in Season 4.

In our gallery below, McQueen breaks down crucial storylines and moments from Jeremy’s six seasons on the show — and, hey, you never know when he might return to town.

“If there’s ever a wedding or something, Jeremy could come back for an episode or two,” McQueen says with a laugh (fully knowing the power of that W word).

TVD fans, what are your favorite Jeremy moments? Click through our gallery below, then drop a comment with your most cherished memories.

1. pamela says:

Hmm wonder if bonnie is leaving too.

2. Alan Rodrigues says:

“Dressed as superheroes”. Yep. Can he be any more obvious?

3. Janet says:

Well, they brought Alaric back so they can bring Jeremy back. And I dearly wish they’d bring Bonnie back! It’s Enzo I desperately want to see go. Can’t stand his character.

4. Riana says:

His relationship with Anna was much better than with Bonnie.

5. Steven says:

Steven R. McQueen would be a good fit on Teen Wolf.

6. Letti says:

These pics reminded me of the times Jeremy was more to this show then a hot shirtless guy, and actually played a part. He was the best with Anna though, I’ve never really bought/liked his relationship with Bonnie.

7. aph1976 says:

I wish Steven McQueen all the best and it wouldn’t surprise me if he comes back to The Vampire Diaries when they need the character of Jeremy because it seems the actor is willing.

8. B says:

He was/is the best looking dude on TVD! Sorry Damon fangirls lol

• ChrisGa says:

He absolutely is the hottest guy on TVD and has been for awhile now IMO(though I also think Michael Trevino and Matt Davis are none too shabby). That said, hope he keeps up his workout routine because, and it may be him just being burnt out, his acting has been spotty-bordering-on-bad for awhile now too so he probably needs to keep that sick body of his in tip-top eye candy mode.

9. Samara says:

I loved Jeremy, he brought some sort of balance to the show.
    I will miss brother/sister time btwn him and Elena.
    I loved his r/ship with Bonnie and never liked him with Anna.
    But above anything else he was great eye candy, esp when he was training to be a hunter, my goodness. I will def miss that chiseled body.All the best to him and here’s hoping we get a TVD wedding so he can come back.

10. Looking at photos I just remembered a time when TVD had a story had a purpose and was going somewhere… Now it doesn’t. Even though season 6 is ok now, (after the show went downhills mid-season 4 when The Originals parted and when professor Shane was first shown and the bad stories just kept rolling from there)… Please let season 7 be the last before I start hating on a show that I used to love so much…