Dancing With the Stars' Season 20 Pros: Who's MIA? Which Champ Is Back?

Dancing With the Stars Season 20 Cast

Dancing With the Stars Season 20 will hit the floor minus two familiar pro faces but also bring back a champion, it was announced Wednesday on ABC’s Good Morning America.

As previously reported, neither Derek Hough nor Cheryl Burke are participating in the competition’s 10th anniversary season, which kicks off Monday, March 16. To that end, producers made a point to lure back a departed pro — so Kym Johnson, who won both Season 9 (with Donny Osmond) Season 12 (with Hines Ward) and last competed in Season 16 (making it to the semis with Ingo Rademacher), is returning to the parquet.

All told, the pro line-up — save for two yet-to-be-revealed names — is as follows; the celebrity/”celebrity” cast will be announced on Feb. 24.

Mark Ballas (two-time champion)
Sharna Burgess
Witney Carson (Season 19 champion, with Alfonso Ribeiro)
Artem Chigvintsev
Val Chmerkovskiy (Season 16 finalist)
Tony Dovolani (Season 15 champion)
Allison Holker
Kym Johnson
Peta Murgatroyd (Season 14 champion, and whose name will never not evoke Snagglepuss’ catchphrase)
Emma Slater
____(TBA)_____
____(TBA)_____

Without knowing their “star” partner, is there any pro you’re already rooting for this season?

1. DavidSask says:

The first black guy from last year gets no love, shocker!!

2. karen says:

Why is there only four pro male dancers and six female pros listed? Will they add 2 males to make it even. And I hope they bring back Keo. Please don’t count him as a bad pro because his “Star” partner Lolo Jones was “Cra Cra!”

3. Steven says:

Should we start taking bets on how many “stars” we’ve never heard of? And how many of these contestants have been on other reality shows.

4. Kim says:

Where’s Tristan?????

5. Lisa says:

I’ll root for whichever one gets Gronk (I’m hopeful) or perhaps Malcolm Butler or Julian Edelman. Hehe, I’m really hopeful that at least one of the Patriots is on this season. Of course, the one I want to see the most is Gronk.

6. Gizmo says:

If there is no Derek it is not worth watching.

7. Iakovos says:

I am liking the list. With two spots open, hopefully Keo will get a bid. He deserves it after that bummer pairing with sour Lolo Jones.

MMMMMMMMMMMMMM… Artem!

8. Deann says:

Kym Johnson also won with Donny Osmond. She is one of only a few multiple winning pros – Cheryl Burke, Julianne Hough, Derek Hough, Mark Ballas.

9. Karen Douds says:

Glad that Tony is back. Hope that Allison has a good 2nd season. Please, please, please let Tristan be one of the other two (and let him have a good partner that will stay around for a long while for a change). Love the rest of them, too. Can’t wait for the new season to begin.

• Meredith says:

Agreed on Tony! he’s been my favorite since the beginning! The only season I couldn’t bring myself to vote for him was with Kate Gosselin. Praying he gets a halfway decent partner, but his track record says he’ll get passed over again by whoever does the casting and stick him with either the “older lady” or the “difficult to work with” contestant. Honestly why do certain pros get the shoo-in every season and others get the shaft time after time?

10. Catherine Smith says:

Where is keo..I love dwts, very disappointed their are not more blacks.

11. Hoping Keo gets another shot. My next vote would go to Henry and/or Tristan.

12. David H says:

I’ll miss Karina, but I hope they bring back Anna Trebunskaya, aka the hottest redhead on planet earth.

13. Kym Johnson won with Donnie Osmond!

14. mika02 says:

Wait where’s Keo! And unless we see Edyta, Anna, Jonathan, Louie I will be very disappointed.

15. mrospond says:

Would love to see wonderful Troupe Member Henry Byalikov who is a MarvelousDancer/Choreographer become a Phenomenal Pro. Henry is Amazing! Thank you.

16. Nana3 says:

I wonder why they did the pros first and not the pros and stars like last time. 10 year anniversary show and 20th season wouldn’t they have made it more exciting and different. Tony, Mark and Kym are the only vets from when the season started just about. No mention of Sasha or Dmitry.

17. Emmy says:

I thought that Louis said he was coming back this season…or did I make that up?

18. Jacob Harris says:

If they are to be fair they will pair Mark Ballas with a much older partner this season. It’s not fair that Tony is always paired for failure. It’s one thing to have a young partner who “supposedly” has had no dance lessons and an senior citizen who has never had dance lessons.

19. NP says:

Why isAllison back? She was terrible. I hope they don’t pair her with someone I like. I can’t vote for her – yuck

20. Karla says:

We always enjoy Derek. The man is not just been given the gift of being able to dance but also to instruct others. He is always so patient & understanding & gets through to his student(star) every season. However his gift for choreography on top of everything else shows a a talented young man going far in life. We will miss your personality & your gifted talents but good luck Derek.

21. Sandy says:

Kym Johnson

22. bb says:

Derek & Maks were the best…not the same without them. Probably will not watch as a result.

23. Cody says:

Hoping on of the spots goes to Tristan, thinking the other might go to Louie since he’s been dropping hints about wanting to return.

24. Mary says:

Disappointed but not shocked that Cheryl & Derek are out. Cheryl started out with a winning streak & potential individuals. Yet as of the last seasons I felt that she was given some very & difficult contestants. Tony as well. Guess everyone needs a break!!! Gonna miss them!

25. toniann says:

Too many new faces! They need to ditch Allison.. she stinks! Send her packing…Where is Anna, Tristen? So excited for KIM, my absolute all time fave! But I will surely miss Karina! These are the REAL pros!

26. hankpannell says:

I hope Keo is not one of the TBA dancers. He was so into his self that he always tried to overdance his partner. That was just plain rude in my books!

27. I certainly hope they don’t use Keo as a pro. I thought it was really irritating how he would try to overdance his partner . He just acted flat out rude the way he would flip his hands in his partners face. I Believe that is why that woman last season flat out was eliminated 1st round because she was upset the way he acted too.

28. Ann Biggers says:

Mark, Val, and Tony are my favorites.

29. Tarahealy says:

I am rooting. For mark ballas and. Derek hough. To win dwts season 20.