Exclusive

Vikings Sneak Peek: What Does the Seer See in Lagertha's Future?

Vikings Season 3 Lagertha Seer

Lagertha’s got questions as History’s Vikings launches Season 3 on Thursday, Feb. 19 at 10/9, and the Seer has answers — they just might not be the ones she hopes to hear!

In this exclusive first look at the new season’s cold open, Lagertha (played by Katheryn Winnick) has at least one specific question for the gods as she consults with with the local oracle. But not only does the Seer deliver bad news on that front, what else he has to prophecize does not paint the sunniest picture for the Earl of Hedeby.

Press play below to hear all that the Seer sees….

1. Jon says:

The Seer is both creepy and awesome, John Kavanaugh is great in the role.

Can’t wait for this show to get going again…

2. Dean says:

Ominous, does this mean the Shield Maiden dies some point this season?

• uk-usa-tvaddict says:

I hope not! I was thinking that ‘the trickster with the weapon that cleaves you’ might be her being divided from her son or perhaps lies/a new way of thinking divides her from her old life and old gods. I am grasping at straws here as I don’t want Lagertha(sp?) to die. I have been rooting for her since season 1.

3. will says:

Woohoo….looking forward to the premiere!

4. uk-usa-tvaddict says:

Does anyone know if the Vikings went to Greece or Italy? The bit in the prophecy about marble made me wonder.

Glad to see Lagertha get some one-on-one time with the seer. Do you think she licked his hand?

• Jon says:

Yes on both accounts. Have you heard about The Lion of Pireaus? An antique statue that someone “tagged” with nordic rune carvings some time in the 11th century.

Read up on the voyages of the historical Bjorn Ironside for your answer wether they visited Italy and you will perhaps find your “city of marble”

• uk-usa-tvaddict says:

Thanks, I will at least wiki it. I must admit I think of history in weird compartments of bits of time for different people so Vikings interacting with Italian people of that time never occurred to me.

5. Lauren says:

Well, everyone’s going to die. Only Ragnar’s brother and son are bound to do great things.

6. catherine says:

Vikings is becoming more interesting, far better than Game of Thrones which lost its attraction for me since season 4 because of too much talk and little action. Unlike GOT, Vikings develops its characterization of the main protagonists and antagonists with action and subterfuge in a backdrop of raw emotions and personal/political conflict.

7. Francoise says:

I’m counting the weeks for the series to return. Like Game of Thrones it offers more than the typical cop show, is: CSI, Law & Order etc

8. well if lagertha dies so does the show at least for this guy

9. nunya says:

What is the point of embedding videos when you can’t hear them because of the 10 minute long ad on how to apply makeup. Am I 12 that I need a tutorial on how to add makeup that will give me that “urban decay” look. No thanks.