Exclusive

Empire Sneak Peek: Courtney Love and Taraji P. Henson Preview the Rock Icon's Daring Debut

Eye contact. Trust. And a little bit of improvised wailing.

Those are just a few of the secret ingredients that helped Taraji P. Henson and guest star Courtney Love connect —  and create instantaneous chemistry — as the rocker/actress begins an arc as drug-addled (and occasionally difficult) diva Elle Dallas this Wednesday (9/8c) on Fox’s breakout hit Empire.

The following exclusive video not only features Henson and Love discussing their time on set together, but also includes snippets of three major scenes, including one in which Henson’s Cookie tracks down Elle — and confronts her about her habit — in a seedy motel room.

Press PLAY below for the full preview, then hit the comments: On a scale of one to “Boo-boo Kitty,” what’s your anticipation level for Empire‘s newest story arc?

1. Brian says:

I cannot wait till this episode airs.

2. Richard. Echols Jr says:

💰💰💰!!!! 🚬🔥💣!!! 🍪👈👍👋👌✌️!!!!

3. DramaMomma says:

Love this show more than I thought I would. I wasn’t impressed with the promos and thought it was going to be over the top. So glad I listen to the Tvline reviews.

4. Samuel Ruiz says:

I love this show empire

5. Maryellen Putz says:

Where is the video? !?

6. Pam Gaskin says:

This show rocks!! The writing, the music, the vibe!! I am not the target demographic but this is “must see tv” for this almost 70 year old!

• TigerLIL says:

My mother is 70 plus and she watches it too. We be rolling after the show and doing our little analysis like we some TV critics our favorite words about each scene is “that was ugly or that was real ugly”, the show is kicks..LOL

7. Jennifer says:

Awesome is one of the words I use to describe Empire!!!! Love it!!! 😀

8. Candy says:

Where is the video?? Im definitely looking forward to seeing what Courtney is gonna bring to Empire. Im not a fan of her personality but I liked her albums she made with Hole in the ’90’s

9. Eran says:

I think I just had a little TVgasm, watching this trailer.

10. TigerLIL says:

I can’t really add a comment but dam this is going to be some serious action up in the piece tonight. The clip of the scene was profound and bringing the issues to life can’t wait to check it out…LOL

11. DAG says:

I saw Courtney on Letterman last night. She was lucid, thoughtful, well-spoken. It’s great to see that she is doing so well. Can’t wait for tonight!

12. I want to be famous actress and wife and mother I.m 29 years old I want to be a singer too I can’t wait to get my driving licesene for my car

13. bizmooner says:

In all of the years I’ve watched TV, Empire is the most entertaining, exciting and leaving me wanting more show! The actors, music, performances and story lines make Empire the best show ever!

14. Tune in every week can’t miss it for nothing in the world,the kids even know get a seat when its on the tube