Video: Conan Unveils Daycare Facility for Unvaccinated Children

To vaccinate, or not to vaccinate? That seems to be the question on at least some parents’ minds.

Fortunately, TBS’ Conan has stumbled upon Kind He♥rts, a daycare facility where rugrats who have been inoculated against measles and such can coexist worry-free with play pals’ whose folks have chosen differently.

Conan O’Brien is not the first late night host to bring up the vaccination controversy in wake of last month’s unanticipated measles outbreak. The Nightly Show’s Larry Wilmore dedicated his Jan. 27 broadcast to discussing the hotly debated topic (watch episode), while Late Night‘s Seth Meyers last week also took aim at the increasingly hot topic (watch video).

Hit the PLAY button above, and decide whether Kind Hearts is the right daycare for your little ones.

1. Ally Oop says:

Lol. For the record, my children’s vaccinations are up to date. There’s a reason those vaccinations were made–it’s because those diseases/viruses that we are vaccinating for can be fatal. I understand that people have fear and paranoia about getting their kids vaccinated but really, if you read about some of these diseases like measles, mumps, rubella, pertussis, etc., you’d be more paranoid of your children catching those.

• some people cant get vaccinated simply because they have crappy immune systems and would over-react to the vaccination.

• Pat says:

Oh yeah, a vaccination for awful diseases is a wise choice. But over vaccinating for stupid things like chicken pox, which every kid I grew up with had and every kid made out just fine, is dumb. And they do have side effects, but so does a Tylenol, just have to be a happy medium I think. But to each their own.

• Ally Oop says:

I understand that but that’s only a small percentage of those who choose not to get vaccinated.

2. E says:

I find it hard to believe that people are so dumb they wouldn’t vaccinate. The whole “you get autism” crap isnt just a completely wrong it’s also insulting to us who have it (something I inherited from my unvaccinated grandmother I’d like to add) I would never ever ever ever chose to have any of those diseases instead of having this amazing and somewhat odd brain of mine.

• B says:

I’ve always thought that was incredibly insulting to those on the spectrum. I’m glad you have your “odd” brain and didn’t die from a totally preventable disease!

3. Elin says:

Do you guys think that one of the problems with vaccinations in USA is that you have to pay for them/have the “right” insurance? In Sweden we get vaccinated in school for free making it simple and accessible.

• MissMel says:

Here in the US, most children do have access to vaccinations. Those that don’t have private health insurance normally have insurance through state programs such as Medicaid. The issue that’s being discussed now is that many parents believe the vaccinations are harmful to children. The main fear is that they may cause autism, however, there is no scientific proof of that. For this reason, more and more parents are simply choosing not to vaccinate, which has lead to an uptick in cases of diseases that were pretty much non-existent up until a few years ago, such as the current measles outbreak.

I’m not familiar with Sweden at all. Do you have universal health care there or is it just a program for vaccines?