Ratings: Grammy Awards Slip Versus 2014, Mulaney Ticks Up

Grammy Awards Ratings 2015

CBS’ broadcast of the 57th annual Grammy Awards on Sunday night drew 25.3 million total viewers and an 8.5 demo rating (per finals c/o TVBTN), down 11 and 14 percent from last year’s telecast

Elsewhere, Fox’s The Simpsons (2.9 mil/1.2), Family Guy (2.8 mil/1.4) and Bob’s Burgers (1.9 mil/1.0) each shed some eyeballs and two tenths in the demo, while Brooklyn Nine-Nine (2.6 mil/1.2) was steady and the penultimate Mulaney (1.2 mil/0.5) rose 22 percent and a tenth.

1. Tran says:

The most boring three and a half hours of the Grammys I’ll never ever going to give back. The things I do to CBS. The same thing is going to happen to the ACM (Academy of Country Music) awards on April 19th which is also now three and a half hours.

2. ninamags says:

It was craptacularly boring.

Thats three and a half hours I’ll never get back.

3. GuessWhat says:

I have not been paying attention — I thought Mulaney was already off the air!

4. Ron says:

I don’t disagree with people saying it was boring, but it had its moments of pure musical bliss. For example, the Hozier and Annie Lennox duet was amazing. I’m mean, Annie Lennox is Annie Lennox, so there’s that. And Hozier was phenomenal…of course, I could be biased because I’ve been unnaturally obsessed with his music for a year now, so it was great seeing him blow up (figuratively…). I really hope he wins Album of the Year next year when it’s eligible, because, while I obviously don’t know what albums will be released from now through the eligible period, I think Hozier has one of the best albums I’ve heard this millennium. It’s so hauntingly beautiful. I’d put it up against any album, in all honesty.

Also, John Legend and Common gave me chills with how amazing they were (I could’ve done without Beyonce–don’t shoot me). And I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed Katy Perry, though I can see where people would call that performance boring. But it actually captivated me mainly because it was Katy Perry sounding not as horrible live as she usually does.

5. ChicagoDan says:

Down to 8.5 in time-zoned adjust finals. Terrible show. Glad I decided to DVR it and promptly erased when I got home after hearing about the terrible collaborations and Arianna Grande showing her ‘singing’ skills. What a disappointment.

6. balpaugh says:

Kanye needs to go away. No one care what he has to say and Kim is just his puppet.

7. Christine Hurwin says:

Madonna’s dance was disgraceful, lude and vile. It was Satanic and I am ashamed to have
    had to sit through her abomination to society. You are held responsible for allowing her
    to behave in such a way. I do not see any real ladies on your show. Whenever they open their
    mouth trash comes out. I pray to God My grandchildren will not emulate what you have produced. Now I can at least understand why the Muslim countries do not want their people to act like Americans. As much as I am against Islam they do have a point. Your show was
    a disgrace to America. Madonna was the leader of the disgrace. In point your show was
    immoral and filthy.