Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Brings Back Lady Sif — With a Big Twist

Agents of SHIELD Lady Sif Returns

Jaimie Alexander will again bring Thor‘s Lady Sif to ABC’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. — though there won’t be much opportunity for a trip down memory lane with Coulson & Co.

Because when Lady Sif resurfaces in the series’ second episode back (airing March 10), she will have lost her short-term memory, meaning she knows nothing of Thor, let alone what/who she is back on Earth to thwart.

“[W]e’re going to have fun with that,” executive producer Jeffrey Bell tells TV Insider, which first reported on Alexander’s encore. “It’ll give us some much-needed humor in a season that’s been full of betrayal and death.”

Alexander first brought her MCU character to the small screen in Season 1, Episode 15, “Yes Men.”

Also curious: Before Coulson’s team is able to reunite with the Asgardian, TV Insider says she will have engaged in a “bodyslamming showdown” with a superpowered foe whose identity the ABC series is keeping under wraps. Theories?

1. Zorkel says:

Ooh, I’m really glad to see this. Curious as to whom the villain is, but I am really glad to see them brig Sif back for another episode. Maybe they could make this an annual thing, one episode (or even two) a season could include Sif in a big role.

• wingsstef says:

An annual Sif treat sounds like a great idea. Other shows have had their annual recurring guest stars and they are often great fun. Lou Diamond Philips character on Numb3rs for example. I know there are many others.

2. Not remembering her buddy she’s known for centuries? Not really short-term memory.

3. Tran says:

Lady Sif’s return to Agents of SHIELD should give the series a big boost.

4. Kristina says:

I’ll look forward to this! I know they want the series to stand on its own and not overwhelm it with guest appearances from the movies and I get that, but I do enjoy when they insert little bits and cameos here and there to tide us over since it’s soooo long between movies.

• Patrick says:

I think that bit about cameos from the movies was BS. If they could get a regular stream of RDJ, Thor, ScarJo, and Captain America, they would absolutely do that. But guest appearances on a TV show almost certainly aren’t in the contracts of the movie stars. And it would take way too much money to get them on for the odd appearance. If the show were a well received monster hit, I think there would be more big name appearances. Everybody wants to be on a winner. But that isn’t the case, so the big boys won’t show up all that often.

• Lizo says:

I wish they’d do more cameos. I love the show on its own merit, but it’s like a giant glaring hole that none of the Avengers have popped by – particularly Tony. They want the show to exist in the same universe, then they have to show us it does. Clearly the people watching are MCU fans, so give us a Big cameo.

5. lorelei says:

Never a huge Lady Sif fan. But interesting that Jed has maybe realized that Phil Coulson and Lady Sif have suffered serious brain damage and can’t be trusted as sources when it comes to How It Really Happened.

6. Si says:

Ohh, looking forward to this. I loved her the first time around.Would it be too much to hope for the ‘Superpowered foe of unknown identity’ to be the Winter Soldier? (I definitely need more Sebstian Stan on my TV screen)

7. Lizo says:

Yay!!!! The world needs more Sif. But how short term are they talking? She’s known Thor for like 3000 years lol.

8. Luis says:

They’ve given her amnesia, so who says her body-slamming opponent has to be a villain? i will hope against hope for She-Hulk.

9. Short Term memory loss in this case, probably means that she won’t have the “Memory Loss” for a Long time, but it will be “short-lived”

10. uk-usa-tvaddict says:

Jaimie Alexander needs to fire her agent. She is stuck in this nothing role on Thor and from time to time she is thrown the scrap of an appearance on Agents of Shield. Is she filming small indie films? How is she going to be a star of her own movie? Netlix and every other outlet are clamouring for superhero shows she has no opportunity to try for any of them.

11. Dan the critic says:

Chris Hemsworth should guest star as Thor to kinda remind her who he is.

12. Ashley says:

Yes! If they won’t put her in more movies, at least I get to see her on AoS. Love her, love Jaimie.

13. Joey Padron says:

Glad she’s coming back on the show! Can’t wait to see her episode!

14. Jenny says:

add jamie to the show. seriously.
    please. jed and mo make this happen.

15. lorelei says:

If she only lost her short-term memory, she’d still remember Thor. I think they’re understating her brain damage, the same way they do with Phil Coulson.

16. david says:

The Executioner, who wil bring the Enchantress.