Ratings: Glee Hits Low, Five-0 and Fails Slip, Grimm Dips, Cristela Ticks Up

Hawaii Five-0 Ratings

CBS’ Hawaii Five-0 this Friday drew 9.9 million total viewers and a 1.3 demo rating, slipping 6 percent and two tenths week-to-week.

Bookending the island crime drama, Undercover Boss (7.7 mil/1.3) and Blue Bloods (11.3 mil/1.3) each dropped a few eyeballs but were steady in the demo.

Elsewhere….

NBC | Bubble drama Constantine (2.9 mil/0.8) slipped 12 percent in audience while steady in the demo; the just-renewed Grimm (4.7 mil/1.2) dipped 4 percent and a tenth.

ABC | Last Man Standing (7.2 mil/1.3) and Shark Tank (7.6 mil/1.9) each dipped in audience while steady in the demo; Cristela (5.5 mil/1.1) ticked up a tenth.

FOX | World’s Funniest Fails (2.7 mil/0.8) was down 13 and 28 percent, while Glee (1.6 mil/0.5) fell 16 and 29 percent, to series lows.

THE CW | Hart of Dixie (1.2 mil/0.4) rose some 20 percent.

1. Any truth to the rumor that Constantine is moving to Syfy and changing its name to Hellblazer?

2. Jess says:

Last nights glee was actually the best it’s been in a long time, minus the Sam and Rachel parts.

• Tom says:

I agree! I think people just didn’t watch because of the last two episodes which they must have thought were pretty bad.

• Jamie says:

If it was so good they wouldn’t have lost so many viewers in the second half. They went from 1.66 mil to 1.48 mil. Can’t blame last week, they can’t even retain viewers during the broadcast.

• Brandon says:

I know I’m in the minority, but I like rachel and sam together. I liked him with Mercedes too though. I’d have been ok with Sam and Mercedes ending up together, while Rachel returns to her love of Broadway and just thinks of Finn in the final moments.

• Steph says:

Not for me. I spent the entire episode bored to tears. Only enjoyable part was Brittana. I watch for Kurt and he got like 1 line at the beginning and maybe 3 at the end.

3. Boiler says:

Come on CW!!! Time to renew Hart of Dixie. The fans stick with it no matter when its on

4. chadcronin says:

I loved last nights Glee. Brittany had one of her best episodes and I liked how it centered around Brittany and Santana and the theme of Love. I liked seeing many of the old cast singing songs. Many I liked from when I was a young kid but never knew who or what the song was called. Good episode. Can’t wait to see the rest of the season!

5. Tran says:

Not so sure if Hawaii Five-O is going to last six or seven seasons depending on Alex O’Loughlin’s contract.

• bj says:

I think the show has really gotten off track since Scott Caan seems to have turned his back on it. The team of Steve and Danno were the lynchpin of the series and they’re now losing that dynamic. IMHO

• wrstlgirl says:

I keep hearing about this. What happened with Scott Caan??

• Nonita says:

As far as I know or read scott caan renegotiated this season to be in less episodes. I dont know why if it has to be due to te born of his daughter and he wants to spend more time with her or if he has personal projects back in California. But it is something people are getting worried cause Scott has not been that much this season.

• 100% agree with this comment!!! I really wish Scott Caan would commit to the show he signed a contract for!! Steve/Danno are the reason I love it so much!!

• Scottie says:

I dont think scott has turn his back on the show. Maybe this season he had asked for more time off than last year to take care of some personal projects that maybe he cant take care during hiatus season back in California, so he has to take them during filming time. We do not know what things but there must be a reason why he re-negotiated his contract this season to be on less episodes.

• Patrick says:

Early on, most of the cast wanted production moved to California. I mean, Hawaii is gorgeous, but it isn’t a production hub. I think the cast all hoped they would shoot in Cali, and then go to Hawaii for Exterior shots periodically. Further, the cost of living his higher in Hawaii. I know Caan and Alex made a lot of noise about this earlier. Had the show been a monster hit, they probably would have had enough juice to force a move. But it isn’t a monster hit. It is a very successful show, but its not a hit by CBS’s standards.

6. Riana says:

Glee’s problem is the songs aren’t even ones that people want to see. What Glee used to be good at was it had covers of current songs. Outside of “Let It Go” and “Problem’ in the premiere, I don’t think they’ve done any songs released in the last 10 years.

• Boiler says:

Riana you know I was thinking the same thing. One reason I stuck with the show was the music. It really isn’t cutting it this year which is sort of a surprise.

• Dane says:

Their biggest cover to date is Don’t Stop Believing, that’s far from a current song. Glee’s problem is bad writing and focus on weak characters and actors like Sam. Add in the Samchel crap and viewers are dropping like flies! The real issue is Ryan Murphy doesn’t give a crap about Glee. S4/5/6 are garbage and the ratings reflect that.

• Its not the music says:

Glee biggest days were when they used music to further the SL. S4 became the MTV Music video of the week with Blam & The Newbies and that is what started the biggest decline. Its not American Idol, viewers want well written and well acted story line with music that pushes along the stories not an hour of meaningless music video. Since S4 Glees writing had been in the crapper. Granted S3 wasn’t that great but it was light years ahead of the garbage they put on in S4/5 and now S6.

• Ann says:

I think part of Glee’s problem is that the show is getting too preachy and turning off many viewers. It used to be light hearted fun with a few special “after school”-type episodes that taught a lesson. Now its basically Ryan’s failed New Normal with music.

7. DarkDefender says:

It’s a shame about Constantine. That show is really well done. If it were on the CW it would have been renewed already.

• LynnH says:

I agree, this is a great show. I’m a few episodes behind, just watched Blessed Are The Damned – really good. If it doesn’t get renewed I have to say I will really miss John Constamtine.

8. Amy says:

Dixie Dixie Dixie! Yay for the upswing from last week. If only it would be enough for a season five…

9. Carla Krae says:

Last night’s Constantine was quite good.

10. Steph says:

Wonder if Glee showrunners are TRYING to see how low the ratings can go? I spent the entire episode bored to tears. Only enjoyable part was Brittana. I watch for Kurt and he got like 1 line at the beginning and maybe 3 at the end. WAY too much Samchel and Rachel/Mercedes. Kurt was both their best friends, but now Rachel doesn’t even trust him with the newbs – so why is he wasting him time in Lima? When Rachel is the most cringe-worthy “teacher” around. At least Kurt is enthusiastic and positive. He should go back to NYC and do something constructive.

11. Ames says:

Great news on the uptick for HOD!

12. Vicki S. says:

Please don’t cancel Hawaii 5-O. Take Danny off and let the rest stay. We love this show but Danno is very irritating. So negative all the time. Thanks for keeping 5-O