Report: A&E Resurrects Unforgettable for Season 4 — Who Will Be Back?

Unforgettable Season 4 A&E

More like Unkillable.

A&E is finalizing a deal to pick up the canceled CBS drama Unforgettable for Season 4, our sister site Deadline reports.

Stars Poppy Montgomery and Dylan Walsh are expected to return for the 13-episode run, with series creators John Bellucci and Ed Redlich also back as executive producers.

Unforgettable was canceled by CBS in May 2012 after its first season and then, in a surprise move, brought back for two more seasons before being axed yet again in October 2014.

Excited about this unexpected development? Sound off in the comments!

1. Tran says:

Unforgettable would definitely be a great fit for A&E.

2. Shar says:

They drop Longmire for a series that’s been cancelled twice???

• Grey says:

LOL. Good point!

• ChicagoDan says:

Longmire’s fee was deemed ‘too high.’ And, yes, A&E really messed that up. When they cancelled The Glades, “Longmire” was left with CM’s repeats as lead-in. It’s tough when cable shows stand completely alone. Seem to work best when two originals are paired together.

• TaMara says:

Beat me to it. (and Glades) Can’t believe it. Thanks Netflix, can’t wait for Longmire’s new season. Hurry up.

• Tony Lang says:

Both beat me to it.

• Gail says:

Me too. Can’t wait for Longmire to come to Netflix. I really don’t want to get invested in a new A&E show, they cancel them at the drop of a hat. Loved Glades, Love Longmire. I’ll watch Unforgettable, because I’ve watched it on CBS. But new shows on A&E no thanks

• Straight Arrow says:

Longmire is coming back? Where and when? That show is so much better then Glades. Unforgettable is also one that I won’t forget! I find it really intriguing how she remembers all the most minute details. But, then I have known some very similar to that, which is why it captures my attention. But the actors play their characters well, bringing both intrigue and humor to the show. I would hate to see it go, but if it’s going to be on Netflix, I will certainly watch it there!

• Mj Fleming says:

Netflix is currently dealing with a slew of tv series. Netflix has not announced when “Longmire” will begin. A&E has not yet announced when “Unforgettable” will return.

• Sheri Moffat says:

Longmire was picked up by Netflix and will be available later this year.

• Anne bryant says:

Longmire is coming back. Read it on Facebook as one of the tv shows that has been renewed. Just not sure which network

• Mj Fleming says:

I am a huge “Longmire” fan, too, but “Unforgettable” is a different situation than “L.” “U” does extremely well (financially) overseas, and in order to keep providing new episodes to foreign syndicators, the series needed to be revived (and produced here). Apparently they worked out a very favorable production-cost situation, besides. Like so much in life,
      “it all comes down to money.” I am delighted Netflix has picked up “L,” by the way.

• PJL says:

That’s exactly what I was thinking. They either bought the show or got it cheap.

• Mj Fleming says:

Look at the other comments here. Yes, the fee was reduced, but A&E had let their supply of scripted programming “dwindle,” was looking for something scripted, noted that CM reruns do well at A&E, and “Unforgettable” might be a good match for the network. It actually makes sense.

• Maryann Campbell says:

Unforgettable never should have been cancelled in the first place!

• Eric says:

Its all about the Almighty Dollar me i liked the show glad to see its coming back again!!

• Brooke Fram says:

longmire sucked! This is so much better!!

3. Grey says:

This is the show that just won’t die. Talke about nine lives. Jeepers.

• Nami says:

yaaay It’s a good show don’t you think ? here in spain it’s very famous, and it can’t be ended like that, this show has more to say :)

• Sam says:

Probably so popular because the language is not from the gutter and they not jumping into bed every episode

4. ChicagoDan says:

Apparently, it is a hot property internationally, so the license fee was significantly reduced because they can make it up with those sales.

5. ABC says:

Great news. Poppy is a wonder to behold.

6. It won’t stay dead! lol Kill it with fire! It’s not a bad concept or a bad show, but the last season was a booooore.

7. chuckiechk says:

I enjoyed unforgettable and glad to see it get another chance. with the fans who watch a&e for criminal minds will most likely watch it

8. Rick Katze says:

WONDERFUL. Looks like I add A&E to my list of networks to watch. CBS should have kept it n the regular season, based on what followed. but, at least, they kept it alive during the summer schedule. Any idea on the number of episodes likely.

9. GeoDiva says:

I just don’t understand what is so special about this show that it keeps being saved. There are a lot better shows out there that didn’t any chances.

• Mj Fleming says:

A few reasons. Huge fan base, both domestically and internationally. And (believe it or not), globally-speaking, there are not a whole lot of procedurals with a strong female lead. Yes, we have a few here in the US, but even that number has gotten smaller lately.

10. Lincoln says:

I wish they would finally resolve the whole “who killed her sister” storyline… they havent mentioned it at all since the first season

11. Bartbro says:

I will now go back to watching A &E. Great show. Should never have been dropped in the first place getting the numbers it did. Shame on CBS. Thank you A&E.

12. YES! I am so glad another network picked it up :)

13. Julianna says:

OMG! I’m so happy right now!

14. Zoe says:

I’m so happy! I loved this show and was so disapointed when it was cancelled! Even if it gets cancelled after a fourth season, any other chance to see new material from Poppy and Dylan is really fantastic! Carrie/Al ftw!

15. Barb C says:

that’s great, love this show…way to go A&E !!

16. Nora says:

Unforgettable, welcome back and thanks A&E. Can’t wait to watch it again.

17. Evan says:

Marilu Henner must know a lot of dirty little secrets to constantly be able to pull this off. :-)

18. James says:

It would be nice if they would bring back the original cast. When they had an almost complete cast replacement for season 2 I stopped enjoying the show.

• Mj Fleming says:

When a series undergoes a major change, as “U” did when it became a summer series, it is normal for actors to change. It could be that the original actors had already committed to other series, or it could be cost-reasons. I hope they were able to get Jane to return, too.

19. David4 says:

Interesting. I was always shocked Body of Proof didn’t become a summer series or a cable show.

• drhenning says:

talk about a show with cast changes… BOP did better on Tuesdays at 10 than anything ABC has had since… Forever is a nice show but probably too high concept for most people.. BOP had a recognizable star plus other known names (..ie.. Jeri Ryan… now cast as one of Gibbs’ ex-wives on NCIS…)

D

• Mj Fleming says:

Interesting that many thought BoP would return–because it was very popular overseas. And (ironically) that is the reason “U” is returning now.

• ChicagoDan says:

Part of the challenge of reviving BOP was that it had received a tax-credit. When ABC looked into bringing it back last season after all the flops at Tuesday 10, it turned out the tax-credit was forfeited/expired, so it was no longer financially feasible. Plus it only produced 42 episodes, so for syndication purposes probably needed minimum of 30 more to get by. That’s a lot of money.

20. So HAPPY about this. I really like this show. Especially since there are actual people (not many) who do remember EVERYTHING. Is it a blessing or a curse??? LOL

21. Laura C says:

Looks like I’ll be watching A&E again with them picking up Unforgettable. I love Poppy & Dylan and the premise of show. I quit watching A&E after their ghastly lack of good sense dropping Longmire. Thankfully Netflix picked it up and I picked up Netflix. Looking forward to NEW season of Unforgettable.

22. Lizo says:

And they are keeping Dylan Walsh?!! His character is sooooooo boring.

23. great but still wish they hadn’t cancelled Longmire

24. Billie says:

I am excited. I hated it being canceled. Will definitely be watching. Can’t wait for Longmire on Netflix.

25. Viv says:

This show is unbelievable. Cancelled twice and still not gone :D just out of curiosity: Has that happened before? Of the top of my head, nothing springs to mind but you clever people may remember /know something I don’t.

• If Futurama gets picked up again, it’ll be in the same boat. There’s an actual chance of that happening.

I can’t think of a twice-cancelled show off the top of my head.

• Mj Fleming says:

Yes, that series “The Killing,” which went to another network, and then went to netflix.

• joe says:

Killing never went to another network…3 seasons on AMC and then netflix

• Mj Fleming says:

But AMC did to “The Killing” what CBS did to “U.” AMC canceled it, had a change of heart, renewed it for season 2, canceled it after season 3, and netflix picked it up. I remember hat was what was reported after “The Killing” first was revived–and even yesterday. Check the Deadline report.

26. G. says:

It’s just so odd that this show keeps coming back.
    I’ve watched a couple of episodes. It’s not the worst thing ever. It’s nowhere near Emmy-worthy. It’s largely unoffensive TV pablum.

How does pablum keep getting picked up? Well, I have no hate for Poppy Montgomery, so good on her for getting a job again.

27. pamela says:

So glad that both main leads will be back! Hope jane curtain will be back as well.

28. Devon says:

SO HAPPY! Love this show

29. Carol C says:

Great news ~ this has always been one of my favs.

30. Roberta Henry says:

Thank you A&E ,I have missed the show.

31. hudsonhawk says:

The only reason to watch Unforgettable is for the Poppy Drinking Game. Every line Poppy says in an Aussie accent, drink. Every line she says in a weird Southern accent, drink. By the third act, you’ll be so drunk you’ll forget Unforgettable.

32. Dragonfly says:

Happy as i love unforgettable but mad for the glades. ..cannot decide if i like A&E

33. K says:

Awesome, but I hope they can get back to how Season 1 was. 2 and 3 seemed way too flashy, like it was trying too hard. Love Poppy! She’s awesome

34. cookie says:

Yeah I hope A&E get it!! Just tell me when and where. I love them!! Poppy and Dylan. This show was successful for cbs and they keep moving it. Shame on them, so glad they will have another chance I’ll be there.

35. Why they someone do the same with selfie

36. drhenning says:

I wonder when they’ll start filming??? I presume they’ll keep the NYC location shooting..

• Mj Fleming says:

I hope so, too. They used to shoot it in my neighborhood. Since they have not yet decided when the new season will start, maybe they are finalizing production details.

37. Ray says:

Will Witches of East End be resurrected too?

38. S says:

This is amazing news! Grateful a network saw a smart and witty show with loyal fans and lots more story to tell. Can’t wait for Season 4!

39. Ally Oop says:

Why did they drop Longmire for Unforgettable? The demographics are the same.

40. Diz says:

Good news. I hope they don’t f it up & actually answer the whole sister storyline before they get canned again.

41. Maxsmom says:

this is one of those shows where I like the actors more than the show but I really like the actors so this is good news

42. Kayla says:

I’m so glad they are bringing unforgettable back!! I love the show!!! Hope it does well on A&E.

43. Bring back Unforgettable? YES – jumping up and down in excitement – I loved this show. :D YAY A&E

44. Mark says:

As long as they go back to a Season 1 type format this new format wasn’t such a winner in my opinion….

45. Dina says:

This is amazing news. The show had great ratings and should have never been cancelled.
    A small miracle.

46. Mara says:

After the Longmire cancellation I’m not watching A&E. Why invest in a show on their network when they have no respect for their viewers? First Glades then Longmire – I’ll wait until Unforgettable gets to Netflix.

47. Imzadi says:

I enjoyed Unforgettable, so I’ll be happy to get it back. I hope Jane Curtin returns.