The Legend of Zelda Live-Action Series in the Works at Netflix

The Legend of Zelda Netflix Series

Ever wished your Nintendo would come to life?

Netflix is developing a live-action series based on the fantasy video game The Legend of Zelda, the Wall Street Journal reports.

According to the site, no writer is attached yet to the project, which is described as Game of Thrones for a family audience.

The game Zelda revolves around an ordinary boy named Link who must rescue a princess named Zelda and save a fantasy world called Hyrule.

Are you game for a Legend of Zelda TV series? Sound off below!

1. Babybop says:

My nerd heart is very excited for this. When I was a kid, I used to pretend that Link was my husband. He he. Ocarina of Time is one of the best video games of all time.

2. james says:

I’ll give it a shot. Although I’m a huge fan of the games, it doesn’t sound like it will be my type of TV show.

3. ninamags says:

OMG!!! This sounds amazing!!!
    Can’t believe it’s taken them this long to do something with Link and Princess Zelda.
    Can’t wait.

4. “Ever wished your Nintendo would come to life?” It did in the 90’s! :P Captain N, the Game Master.

5. Geek24 says:

They should try and get the writers of Avatar the last airbender, it’d be awesome!!

• Zoe says:

Yes! But the TV series, NOT the movie. Legend of Zelda (or pretty much any media) doesn’t deserve the treatment that Avatar got in its live-action adaptation [shudder]. But yeah, get Mike and Bryan on this and the series will be solid.

6. Be interesting to see how this turns out. So long as we don’t end up with end up with something resembling the short-lived animated show we could be in good hands.

Here’s hoping Link remains a southpaw.

7. Joey says:

I believe I have a friend whose brain just melted out his ears.

8. Andrew Hout says:

The skepticism is real.

9. Ally Oop says:

Potential for awesomeness or awfulness. Which one? I played a lot of Legends of Zelda on both Nintendo and N64.

10. asianblair says:

I played the original years ago, and then i played Windwaker on the WiiU which was incredible. The series needs the same music.

11. adrian says:

Can we get Will Friedle as the voice of Link please!!!!!!!!

12. Pati says:

I’m 29 and I cannot wait for the new game. This video game series has been part of my life ever since I was little me and my brother always compete on who can beat the game first. Its the best series. There is so much story to tell and if its done right by good producers it could be amazing. so exciting my nerd self is freaking out.

13. C$ says:

I’d like to point out that Nintendo and Netflix are in talks to do this, Netflix has not placed this in active development. Although with all this press and mostly positive reactions I’d be shocked if it didn’t happen.

14. Azerty says:

There is so much material for this! I remember a few years ago there was that amazing fake fan made trailer that everybody wish was real. With the success of Orange is the new black, house of cards (and Marco Polo ?) I entirely trust Netflix on that.

15. Anna says:

Sooo this could either be the best thing ever, or the worst thing ever. I feel it won’t be something inbetween. I seriously hope it’s the best thing ever because I love the games a LOT.

16. Zoe says:

oh my gOD

…Don’t screw it up, okay? The last thing we want is another Super Mario Brothers Movie on our hands. (And I want a live-action Phoenix Wright series starring John Cho next. I know that’s Capcom but still.)

17. Lub says:

Can I write this? I’ll do it for free.

18. cjeffery7 says:

i played this game on nintendo gameboy as a kid and always assumed Zelda was the main character i was playing with. not until about a year ago was i corrected that this was not the case. LOL. should be interesting if they do it right

19. Shane says:

The actor tapped to play Link had no comment.