Exclusive

Castle Two-Parter Sneak Peek: '3XK' Has a Surprise for Rick and Kate

Loading video...

This Monday at 10/9c, as ABC’s Castle kicks off its annual two-parter, Rick and Kate come face to face with the notorious Jerry Tyson aka 3XK.

Or do they…?

In the sweeps event’s opening episode, titled “Resurrection,” when clues in a new murder implicate 3XK groupie/plastic surgeon Dr. Kelly Nieman (returning guest star Annie Wersching, 24), the team uncovers connections to Tyson.

But do they uncover Tyson himself? In the delicious sneak peek above, Rick (who is on hand to consult) and Kate have a lot of questions for their presumed-dead nemesis, though what the man (returning guest star Michael Mosley) across the table from them has to say is, in a word, somewhat unbelievable.

1. Zara says:

Michael Mosley is delicious as 3XK! Great acting. He elevates any scene he’s in — each and everytime. No change here either.

• fran says:

Michael Mosley as 3Xk is good, Annie Wersching as Dr. Neiman intrigues me more. Her interaction with Beckett was simply put, mind blowing. Talk about memorable.
      I have been bored with the show but maybe this will put the show back on track. The track that I like anyway.
      Count me in Monday.

• Harvey says:

I think that was because of that was shot in a dark way, not just the scene, but the whole episode had that dark thing about it which made it more creepy.

• David says:

I’m surprised you feel Castle has gone off track…I think it is perfectly on track. It’s not easy to keep a show fresh for 7 seasons & I think the cast & the writers do a stellar job. Will be very upset when the series ends (probably at the end of season 8..but I hope not). Loyal fan to to very end…

2. K says:

Pretending to be someone else and claiming not to know either Castle or Beckett. My mind is so screwed up. This is going to be good

3. Susan says:

CAN’T WAIT!!!!

4. Luis says:

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 3XK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Sarah says:

That is so deliciously sadistic and so apropos of Jerry Tyson…. brilliant.

6. CIT says:

My god if they believe that crap he spewed they are really dumb. it so obvious its him. hes hardly gunna say yes its me, hes a smart killer end of. Its hardly fresh writing its been done before on other shows.

7. m3rcnate says:

Shouldn’t they be able to send his Blood (DNA) out for analysis and determine what his DNA says his height and eye color and all that are supposed to be?…and if anything is off from 3XK then hes not him.

• Brett says:

They can’t do any DNA comparisons to Tyson. All the 3XK evidence was stolen.

• K says:

They still have the prison records. And I think Tyson’s DNA should be in the 12th precinct computer database

• S. says:

Ah but I suspect there’ll be enough of an issue to cloud that up. Jerry’s no fool. He’s had plenty of time to work stuff out. He also has no problem messing with their heads just to do it. It’s not so simple that Marlowe, etc. forgot all the places where Jerry’s DNA would be on file. The obvious question when breaking the story on this episode if this IS about Jerry trying to make everyone think he’s this guy or that this guy is him is how to not resolve it in a matter of minutes.

8. Mary says:

God, the guy is so creepy! (god job, Mr.Mosley:))
    and yes, delicious sneak peak indeed:)

9. Matthew Weber says:

Wow. That’s creepy. Looking forward to it a bit more now.

10. James D says:

Yummy. that is too good, how deliciously soap operay of Castle. can’t wait to see the whole episode. Of course I can never look at 3XK the same again after watching Michael Mosley on Sirens I start laughing when ever I see him now, very funny show BTW would definitely recommend it for people looking for a good comedy to watch.

11. jj says:

I hope this will be the end of the storyline of 3XK. One episode was great, second time was OK. Prolonging it beyond the upcoming 2 parter is simply unrealistic.

• S. says:

But you hung in there after 4 years of a crime writer shadowing a cop? Cuz that’s so realistic? They come up with fantastical ways of killing people frequently. One of them just happened to end up in Castle’s pool in the Hamptons right when he goes there with Beckett. I really think your perspective is a little off here. Jerry Tyson’s a fantastic villain and is barely on the show. The 2nd time we saw him was more than ok, it was intense. They use him strategically and brilliantly.

12. Castle girl 101 says:

This is going to be a great episode . Can’t wait to see how the story telling will evolve since all of his records have “disappeared”.

13. Susan says:

I am ready to be done with the 3XK story. Let’s move on…..

• S. says:

To what, exactly? He’s barely had a story considering you can count his number of appearances AND references on one hand and we’re into season 7. You just want a murder solved every week and cuddling at the end of the night? People griped about Castle’s new mythology, they gripe when 3XK shows up, they gripe when Beckett’s mom’s storyline got brought up. I think people just like to complain. Not every week can be a spoof of Rear Window. They’ve had people as ninjas, zombies, super heroes. I’d say they’ve been pretty creative. What would you like them to move on to finding as the killer? One of those shark costumed people dancing with Katy Perry at the Super Bowl?

14. c-mo says:

CREEPY!!!!!!!!!

15. DarkDefender says:

I figured there would be the “plastic surgeon made guy look like 3XK” angle, and I love the last line on could they prove he wasn’t Boudreaux .. This looks to be another great dramatic 2-parter. I hope the show gets a nice healthy bump in the ratings the next 2 weeks.

16. Sam says:

Wow, definitely was not expecting that!!! Going to try to wait until the second part and watch both episodes together.

17. Vickie B. says:

WOW! Can’t wait for Monday night!

18. sigh says:

Can everyone please stop saying “delicious”?

• fbr says:

Why? I’m curious.

• S. says:

Now now, nothing wrong with the word “delicious.” While we’re on the topic though, the word “moist” is creepy/gross and “awesome” is overused. I wouldn’t mind banning or limiting those. ;) Unless you’re singing the song in the Lego Movie.

• Jake says:

Heh, heh – reminds of the old Monty Python skit dialog: “Whats more he argued, this would give a large boost to farmers, and a lot of fun to him, his friends, and Miss Moist of Knightsbridge”

19. Flick says:

“How do you prove I’m not?” – WOW. Mosley absolutely nailed that line. This is gonna be one hell of a two parter.

20. Kate says:

Wow! I can’t wait for these episodes!

21. Alex says:

I hope 3xK will be done after this two parter. 3.06 was fantastic but 5.05 was ridiculous. They’ve turned him into an invincible man who can do everything : coming into the loft, precinct without beeing seen, take 10 bullets and falling but being alive (but the writers never tell us how because they can’t even find something to justify it) etc …

• Jake says:

Exactly – it’s just another way that this show is like a mirror of Bones – both show’s writers created these superhuman or super powerful serial killer characters.which come off as just way over the top in believability.

22. Jake says:

Even without DNA, they have pictures of the real Jerry. Using those pictures and a holographic scan of this suspect, the police can have a computer compare the two – there’s no way this guy, plastic surgery or not, would be identical to the killer – problem solved!
    Of course, they won’t do that – they’ll have to let him go, blah, blah, blah – whatever.
    I like Castle, but I really hope they zip up this YKK serial killer story line this time.

• Harvey says:

They can’t really do much by pictures. They have his pictures, that doesn’t prove they have 3XK’s pictures, as for the prison, he wasn’t 3XK in the prison, his records in the prison were for another thing, as Jerry Tyson, not being a serial killer.

23. Rich Abey says:

Won’t be missing the two-parter for all the college assignments…hey maybe I could ask 3XK for a clone version of myself to finish up the assigns while I watch Castle?

24. carbono says:

I just can’t wait for these episodes. Going to be awesome I hope!

25. Harry_Wild says:

Half of ABC shows have announce “Renewals”. Castle maybe on the borderline and this two part episode’s ratings along with Fillion’s salary will make or break – Castle for the eight season!

26. bytemebill says:

Zing!!!!

27. Castle Lover says:

I think it’s really smart how 3XK in ‘Disciple’ makes a ‘Lanie’ and ‘Esposito’ to steal the evidence and files. Then he dresses up as a cop and sees castle in his jail cell. This way he can not only torment castle, he can steal the files off the computers in the precinct!!