First Look: Arrow's Atom Suit Revealed

Arrow‘s Ray Palmer is ready to show you the full Atom.

The CW hit has released the first photo of Brandon Routh’s enterprising tech tycoon clad in the complete Atom exosuit, following weeks of teased schematics and partial pieces. Check it out below, then read on for more.

Arrow Atom Suit

As revealed at the Television Critics Association press tour last month, Arrow‘s creative team is batting around a “very general idea” for an Atom spin-off, though it’s in the early stages. “Could there be another hour in that [DC Comics] universe? Possibly,” said network president Mark Pedowitz. “As long as there’s no audience fatigue.”

Ray will first don the Atom suit in Episode 15, titled “Nanda Parbat” and airing Wednesday, Feb. 25.

1. Tim says:

It looks like a roller derby. I don’t like it. Is he going to shrink?

• Chol H Yoon says:

They’re probably going to save that one for the Pilot episode, if this goes into full series.

• Shaz says:

Its cool. I wish they’d thinned it out a little so it didn’t look so bulky. I agree with the iron man comparisons, but I think he looks TOO much like iron man. I guess having a suit made of the same materials as henry cavils superman would be out of the question since it would seem out of place in this arrow world…..they could have done something similar to Barrys costume. They both have the chin strap.

• Shaz says:

Also, IF they spin him off…..and thats a big IF…….i hope they alternate the series’ so that all three arent on at the same time. Fatigue could occur, so maybe put Atom on during the spring/summer?

2. Jen says:

Is it Iron Man? Is it RoboCop? No, it’s Iron Man meets RoboCop but I like it. Well, expect for the helmet. You can see his face and the visor makes it look a little too much like a safety helmet. And also the symbol looks like a little flower. But the rest looks good

3. justtobesane says:

They should make him look like Iron Man a little more!!!!!

4. itsafysel says:

I really like brandon,love his character.I hope he gets a spin off.
    And please can the Arrow writers bring back the Huntress?I friggin miss her.I need her and black canary to fight together.we need a birds of prey episode

5. Jason Paul says:

He can store his suit in my closet any day

6. Ggny says:

The helm is a bit weird but I like it overall

7. Dj says:

I would be all for them having a 8 episode season. Do it like agent carter.

8. Tarasin says:

How many comic heros are we going to see with a TV show this year? I mean I have read many comic heroes will have their tv version in different networks. Dont you think the networks will be too crowded with the ones already airing?

• Drew says:

No more crowded than they are with police procedurals. I think comic book characters have the edge because at least there’s something different about them that changes things up.

9. Jill says:

It’s a nifty suit.

If they want a spin-off though, I would like Ray Palmer more if they could detach him from Felicity’s hip. It’s hurting both characters.

10. Drew says:

I’m curious to see how the costume looks on screen. It runs the risk of looking like a Power Rangers castoff. Before they spin him off, I also think that they need to do some repair work on the character. He has not made a good impression thus far. I’d kinda rather see Firestorm, The Suicide Squad or Maseo and Tatsu get their own shows before ATOM.

11. Badpenny says:

I like it more then the Ant-man costume. :)

12. I think its the face shield bit that’s bugging me. I mean in general I’m liking it, but the partial face shield dunno if its working for me. Could be just its one of those moments where you see an obvious vulnerable spot on a super soldier and just go, “One guy with a good rifle and its all over… So much for your hard light beams and power armor.”

13. Lucia says:

I don’t like it, but I didn’t like canary’s photo either, witch I did like in the episode. I think the costumes look better on the show. To much Photoshop maybe?

14. aplwrites says:

Helmet needs work IMO

15. Joey Padron says:

Suit looks good. Looking foward to see wearing the suit on the show!

16. uk-usa-tvaddict says:

The suit looks weird but I like it. It looks like something a rich, clever guy with a lot of time on his hands would come up with. And I think it is version 1 so I can see it being developed over time.

And by the way Diggle should get some sort of outfit. Not a black Arrow suite but a S.W.A.T. type outfit or a version of Slade’s outfits either from the island which was his Australian/New Zealand special forces outfit or his Starling City Slade outfit. Anyway Diggle just needs to suite up with maximum protection! His brother died, he is a father and soon to be re-husband and he is a black character on a show (it needs to be said!). WEAR A BULLET PROOF VEST DIGGLE!!!

17. Samara says:

If ATOM get a spin off, he needs to take Felicity with him. They are adorable together.

18. Briggs says:

My only issue is the visor. Why is it clear? I mean, visibility is fine, but you can see his face…

19. Ella says:

I love it! I don’t want him to leave though, I love him and Felicity together! Shame that people I ship Felicity with keep leaving :/

20. Sheldon W. says:

Interesting. Needs an actual mask when/if he gets to actually fight crime, but it’s pretty spiffy.

21. Arsenal says:

It’s different than the other characters’ outfits, which is cool. I think it looks pretty good overall. I would like to see the suit when the visor is tinted, though.

22. I like it fine. I think it’s kinda cool. Apparently I am in the minority. This suits me fine.