Ratings: Empire Audience Grows for Third Straight Week, Minds Ticks Up

Fox’s Empire this Wednesday night drew 11.4 million total viewers and a 4.3 rating (per finals), rising for a third straight week in audience while matching last week’s demo number.

I was in the mood to make a chart, so:

EmpireViewers

Opening Fox’s night, American Idol (11.3 mil/2.9) slipped 6 and 16 percent week-to-week.

Elsewhere….

CBS | The Mentalist (9.2 mil/1.3) dipped 5 percent and two tenths, Criminal Minds (10.7 mil/2.1) ticked up a tenth and Stalker (8.3 mil/1.5) was flat.

THE CW | Arrow (2.9 mil/1.1) and The 100 (1.5 mil/0.5) were flat.

1. Lola says:

Wow! Totally bonkers what Empire is doing.

2. Joey says:

When you get a cast like that together, I don’t know why people would be surprised by this information.

3. wrstlgirl says:

Word is spreading about Empire. It’s must see TV. That chart is a thing of beauty Matt :-) The Criminal Minds back story was fab last night, I turned the channel on Stalker. It’s the same every week and I’m bored, lol.

• Angela says:

Ben Savage was great as young Gideon last night. I really loved all the flashback moments. Still can’t quite wrap my mind around the shocking story involving Gideon, though. But yes, it was a good episode regardless.

4. spindae2 says:

Seems like The100 fall in your good grace! It is getting more and more focus here. Glad it ticked up, in my humble opinion CW’s best drama.

5. Tran says:

Saw a preview of next week’s episode of The Mentalist because (SPOILER ALERT) one agent will bite the dust. Really hope it’s NOT Cho.

6. Empire is amazing television and it helps that the two leads have chemistry and are likable. Arrow is not that good this season. Although Oliver and Felicity are cute, the show is focusing too much on their “love” and it’s dragging the show down

7. A.D. says:

Arrow was Amazing last night. Best season to date! Keep up the great show!

8. herman1959 says:

The Becky character was so cute last night, I hope to see more of her. But, every time Hakeem is onscreen I want to smack him…yes, I know, it’s only a TV show.

9. B says:

love that empire is doing so well! Hopefully this will convince network execs to do more original concepts instead of rehashing the same ones over and over again

10. Gerald says:

Well I am one number less for The 100. I’ve given up on it.

11. TVNerd says:

Predictions Fox Fall 2015:

Mon: 8 pm: Gotham, 9 pm: Minority Report
    Tues: 8 pm: Scream Queens, 9 pm: New Girl/Mindy Project or Loners
    Wed: 8 pm: X Factor/Idol, 9 pm: Empire
    Thurs: 8 pm: Bones, 9 pm: Rosewood
    Fri: 8 pm: Masterchef Junior, 9 pm: Sleepy Hollow
    Sun: Bob’s Burgers/Simpsons/Brooklyn 9-9/Family Guy/Last Man on Earth

Seriously, I’m a doc to be but my dream job would be TV executive haha….

12. Nick says:

The 100 is one of the best shows on TV, period.

13. ggny says:

Dont worry Fox will kick in to overkill mode like it does with every show they have that turns out to be a hit..See The OC,Glee and throw endless stuff to do with the show at us to people get sick of it. I cant wait for the Empire Mall Tour

14. Hattie says:

Empire is frakkin’ fantastic! Love, love, love the show!

15. NP says:

I think some of the growth is explained by DVR – I initially didn’t watch ‘Empire’ during its time slot because in had existing shows I liked but once I watched some of it, it’s now my show in that time slot.

16. Luli101 says:

With ratings like this maybe we can hope for more scripted network television.

17. Runner says:

Love the chart. Go Empire!

18. kmw says:

It is amazing what Empire is doing I hope they keep it up but FOX needs more than Empire to get out of the mess they are in. I too would like more original scripted programming, and not reboots and less reality

19. Harry_Wild says:

I had to miss Beckstrom tonight! Hopefully, I can watch it online at Foxnow.com!