New Once Upon a Time Season 4B Poster Deals Three Queens

Evil has quite a hand to play when ABC’s Once Upon a Time resumes Season 4 on March 1.

A poster for Season 4B of the ABC drama was revealed Thursday via the show’s official Twitter account and superfan Kayla’s “Once All the Time” Tumblr, and it focuses squarely on the Queens of Darkness introduced in the midseason finale: sea witch Ursula (Alias Merrin Dungey), Maleficent (played again by True Blood’s Kristin Bauer) and Cruella de Vil (Dracula’s Victoria Smurfit).

Rounded up anew in our world by Storybrooke castoff Rumplestiltskin, you have “a very formidable team of evil coming our way,” Once cocreator Eddy Kitsis told TVLine.

Which queen of Darkness are you looking forward to learning more about?

1. Tran says:

Merrin Dungey was such a badass during her Alias days.

2. Jose says:

I am SO ready for all this!!!! My only question is how Belle and Rumple figure into this….. If he crosses the town line he regains his power but remIns under Belle’s control thanks to the dagger…..

3. rachelle says:

They look bomb! I’m so excited to see my Queens! Regina would look awesome in their ranks, but I like her progression to being a better person.

4. Ginger Snap says:

☆sarcastically ☆
    No Emma and Hook

• meresger says:

Always a plus! I’m sure there will be lots of lame CS in the season, though. The showrunners seem to have mancrushes on Hook and don’t care that the ship condones really unhealthy messages about sexual predators. They don’t seem to care much that show seems rather racist being heavily white either and probably think that making Ursula a POC makes up for that, but making her look like a bad early 90’s prom queen in comparison to the authentic Disney representations of the other Queens is highly suspect, IMO.

• Lucifer says:

So the show is racist because the cast is predominantly white? I guess shows like Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Downton Abbey, Game of Thrones, Hannibal, Modern Family, and The Office are all racist. And then when they have a POC on the show, it’s not good enough if you dislike the wardrobe decision? Why bother watching if, no matter what, Once Upon a Time is a racist show in your eyes?

• diane says:

Gus was mixed (or at least looked it), Lancelot was Black, the giant was Latino, Jafar was clearly Middle Eastern, Sidney is Black, Mulan is a POC, there are POC on OUAT. The leads aren’t but the show isn’t completely whitewashed or anything.

• abz says:

In addition to those you mentioned and Ursula, there has also been Rapunzel and Tamara and Ernie Hudson is playing Poseidon at some point during 4B.

• danyelle says:

@abz bravo to you for showing up with FACTS. selective amnesia runs amok when people fancy loco agendas lmao

• Lucifer says:

Not sure why you replied to me, but thank you for listing many examples of non-white characters on the show. I guess I’ll add Maid Marian since nobody mentioned her yet. Also, I wouldn’t call the show “whitewashed” because that implies characters who were turned white despite source material establishing them as a different race.

• Stormy says:

Cinderella’s Fairy Godmother was black, too.

• coco says:

well even regina(lana parilla) is half puerto rico~

• Wow says:

I bet you’re a SwanQueen shipper, what is unhealthy about Captain Swan? Who was the sexual predator because it’s difficult for me to remember. As for Ursula, I agree her costume could be a little better, can also say the same for other character, though. The point is, quit the griping.

• Jess says:

The first half of season 3 he kept trying to get Emma to kiss him even though she was still grieving for Neal. And he was being hella obvious about it too.

• just because says:

No offense, but you sound like an overly-sensitive and jaded individual. It’s people like you who you keep and widen the gap between races. Us “white” people aren’t the one’s who are always crying out: “racist” and “prejudice”. Just because a really good show doesn’t have every nationality portrayed in it, doesn’t mean that the producers are prejudiced, racist, and even more bizarrely, sexual predators. Really? Over a ship??? Once upon a time is a great show and I give the producers, actors and actresses a huge thumbs up. Keep it up, guys. You’re doing an amazing job!!!

• Lulu says:

Sexual predators? Racist? These ship wars have got to end, you folks out there are just making stuff up. I’m sorry but there is much to enjoy about Once wether or not you ship Emma/Regina, Emma/Neal, Emma/Hook, Regina/Robin, Rump/Bell, Snow/Charming or who ever. So much energy is wasted blaming or defending couples. Dang folks, it’s just a tv show.

• Jess says:

Ummm Lana Parrilla is not white…

5. meresger says:

I’m not really psyched about this. I don’t see how they can have 3 villains and focus on the core characters. It will probably just be lots of badly contrived flashbacks to fit them into everyone’s lives and the good character development scenes will still be on the cutting room floor to make room for the same old ‘people running around screaming’ action and increasingly annoying shipping-heaving episodes that devote needless time to Emma and Regina and their lame love lives. And still, none of the characters will really emote about anything. It’s nothing more than a Disney propaganda show and ‘sex sells’ cliche at this point, which is sadly a very weird and mixed bunch of messages to be sending for what they still call a family show. It’s basically devolving into something like Melrose Place: Storybrooke. The only questions are, which characters will these villains be related to and how will they redeem themselves before dying at the end of the season? Or maybe the real question is: does anyone really care at this point or are people just watching for campy nonsense and make-out sessions?

• danyelle says:

So go watch Madam Secretary, which is supposed to be very good and very female empowering. Why do you expend so much f**king energy on websites bi**hing about this show *over and over and over again* if you hate it that that that much? What’s the definition of insanity again? Someone help me out here lmao

• just because says:

Geez…what’s your problem? If you don’t like a show, don’t watch it. It’s not like anyone’s making you. Or maybe you don’t have anything better to do than to post critical messages which is, how did you word it, “sadly and very-weird.”

• Isobel says:

It’s after 6 o’clock, it’s not for children

6. abz says:

So excited for this. The one I’m most excited for is Cruella. Can’t wait to see how they’ve twisted her character. One more month!!

7. Dave says:

They need to come up with a reallllllllly good reason for Cruella to be part of this.

8. Letti says:

This poster looks really cool. I hope the storylines will match it.

9. Jking says:

I hop the shocking season 4 finale ? That ursula take the dagger from belle ! !

10. rudy belcher says:

I am so ready for that season. I like hook is sexyyyy