Salem Season 2 Gets Premiere Date — Plus: See an Intense First Look Photo

Salem fans, your wait is almost over.

WGN America on Wednesday finally conjured up the premiere date for the second season of its spellbinding drama, announcing that the witches will return Sunday, April 5 at 10/9c.

Along with this news, WGN America also released a first-look photo, featuring Mary (Janet Montgomery) and newcomer Stuart Townsend, who plays a mysterious doctor named Samuel Wainwright.

Check out the new photo below, then drop a comment: What do you hope to see in Salem Season 2?

Salem Season 2 Spoilers

1. Can’t wait for the show to come back – excited to see John’s past and find out why the Native Americans have saved his life 2 times now.

• ngirl says:

Tell me about it. John Alden’s story is what I want to see evolve. It would be awesome if he was a witch or a shaman (and not know it ).

2. Patty says:

This show is so good! Been looking forward to its return and FINALLY have a return date :)

3. Joey Padron says:

Happy the show finally have a premiere date for new season! First photo from new season looks good. Excited to see new episodes!

4. ngirl says:

I’m so hoping for John and Anne to grow closer this season. Mary’s going to be busy with suitors. Anne is going to need somebody by her side that she can depend on to help her control herself. Who better than John?

5. donny says:

Please bring John Alden back

6. Allen A says:

Cant wait until season 2 starts would like to see more witchery

7. Amber Johnson says:

Focus played on how much the strong witch accomplishes in the new world. Highlite also given to homopathic medicine pioneered by the witches.

8. Russ Bowers says:

More of Captain John and Mary’s passion and back story; and the younger witches development.

9. Terry Bell says:

Are they going to have a repeat of last season the week before? I hope so. I’ve told everyone about this show but no one wants to spend 30 bucks to watch the first season

10. I can’t wait for the show to start I wish HULU carried it because I do not have any cable TV. I hope this season has just as much drama as the last

11. jonaldenforprez says:

Awesome show happy to see the Alden fans speaking out!!!!