Super Bowl Commercial

Budweiser's 'Lost Dog' Super Bowl Ad Reunites the Puppy and Horse in 2015

It’s too bad the Internet hates puppies and friendship, because Budweiser is bringing back a pair of its web-famous Super Bowl characters for an aww-inducing reunion this Sunday.

In case you’re not familiar with Bud’s unnamed puppy and horse, first introduced in its 2014 Super Bowl commercial, there’s only one thing you really need to know: They are best friends, and they are adorable. (Sorry, I guess that was two things.)

Just like in 2014, the horse and puppy will do whatever it takes to be together, though Budweiser really upped the duo’s obstacles this year, going so far as to add a hungry wolf into the mix. (Get out of here, wolf. No one wants you.)

Hit PLAY on “Lost Dog” above, then drop a comment with your take on the commercial below.

1. wrstlgirl says:

Dammit, sniff sniff :-)

2. disonba3 says:

beautiful reunion!

3. Kim says:

Take THAT GoDaddy!

4. Susan says:

Love it!

5. Who would have thought “500 Miles” by The Proclaimers would be an awesome ballad?

6. Shirley Hamilton says:

I don’t drink beer, but I absolutely love your commercials with the horses and dogs. I have watched many of them over and over, I think this years will be watched many times.

7. Margie says:

Awwww, love it.

8. A Colins says:

Love Budweiser ads! They have class and animals always make ads sing. I look fwd to seeing them every year. Goldens and Clydesdales, such a great combination.

9. Lee says:

Yeah, it’s sappy…but I still I loved it. Can’t say the same for previous GoDaddy Superbowl ads, tho’ I guess they accomplished the recognition you wanted. Time to show some class, GoDaddy.

10. Tara says:

Awww man! *sniff, sniff* :'( who knew puppies & horses could sell beer so well! LOL!!!

11. cr says:

Aww. I could watch these all the time.

12. Elizabeth says:

Dammit – I am blubbering like a baby-at work!!! You have to have a heart of stone not to be moved – dog gone it Budweiser has the BEST marketing team (and narry a bottle of beer to be seen!)

13. Jane says:

OK I admit, that made me tear up. I wish all of the Super Bowl commercials could be this good.

14. mamamitzvah says:

I’m not crying, darn it, I’m not crying!!!! Sniffle!!!

15. Carole says:

WONDERFUL – how could you not LOVE IT?

16. aurat22 says:

The wolf is actually the dog’s ancestors, so technically without them we would have never have had dogs. Yet for some reason humans especially “Hollywood and Madison Avenue” always feel the need to villify them. I think they are beautiful creatures and if we don’t encroach on their territory they won’t encroach on ours.Don’t mean to go all PC but the “go away wolf, nobody wants you” made me upset.

• Terri says:

I agree !!!

• I wrote to Anheuser-Busch yesterday expressing my displeasure over their depiction of a wolf as a threat to the puppy. This commercial could not come at a worse time as anti-wolf sentiment is resulting in illegal kill-campaigns all over the West. Recently a radio-collared wolf that had travelled hundreds of miles to the Grand Canyon and whose arduous journey thousands of people were celebrating was shot dead by a hunter. Wolves are magnificent and misunderstood creatures whose beauty and intelligence can only enhance our lives on this planet. Ironically, much of what we love about that little puppy can be found in the heart and spirit of the wolf. When I wrote to the Budweiser people complaining, they wrote back saying they were overjoyed that I loved their commercial so much! I am even more insulted now.

• Kathie P says:

They really said that ?? Wow, must be the same person who thought the wolf story line was a great idea

• Karen says:

When I say “that’s a hoot!” PLEASE let me be clear. I completely agree with your disdain for the vilification of the wolves, but, I find their response to your concerns TYPICAL cookie cutter trained monkey call-center “customer service” (insert vintage laugh track here) buzzard poo. The drooling snarling wolf bugged me, too. But, unfortunately, A. Busch knows people will only see the “awwww” and not the “that’s awful.”

• Tony says:

because you are an idiot

• Lucia Annunziata says:

This commercial should be pulled. It sends out the wrong message about wolves. Woleves do not eat dogs nor humans. they infact fear humans. Wonder why? In any event they should not be demonized in this way. We have enough wolf haters as it is. These animals are so important to our ecosystem and should not be destroyed.I have to say Budweiser made a big mistake here.

• Tony says:

your another idiot,wolves will attack humans,same as bears,read a story about a guy who walked backwards for 4 miles in the north while being followed by a pack of wolves,he used all his bullets trying to scare them off until he had 1 bullet left thats why he walked backwards 4 miles to the camp,got to love you animal huggers,tree huggers,you never trust any wild animal,that commercial is not putting down wolves,its showing you a pic of a lost dog and being rescued

• Tony says:

aurat,so then ISOS is right to do what they do,kill,behead and burn ppl,darn I never realized it but now I see the picture,if you Yankees would never have went to war in Iraq and Afgan,this would not be happening,you ppl encroach on their land

17. R. Loya says:

Almost made me cry and I haven’t even drank a Bud Lite yet…sniff sniff

18. Lore says:

Budweiser always have the best ads in the superbowl, and tha beautiful rancher really helps too

19. kathanna davis says:

We don’t need any more bad publicity for endangered wolves who are not “big and bad” but family groups of canines who are important for environmental well being (see the film “Rivers” showing how when wolves returned to Yellowstone, their presence lead to changes in the land and created rivers allowing many other species to thrive who were previously unable to live there. It is defamation of character to make a wolf the bad guy!

20. Tenney says:

Darn you Budweiser for making me cry!!! I love their superbowl commercials

21. Kat says:

These commercials are the very best there is! I hope they never stop!!!!

22. Cathy Farrell says:

I don’t like the new commercial at all. The music isn’t good. The commercial is just plain sad. Are we supposed to feel sorry for the puppy so we run out and get a Bud light. What were they thinking. I fell in love with the first commercial. I kept playing it over and over. Not only was it so touching but the music was great. The wolf scene is awful. The puppy that we all love is THREATENED BY A WOLF. If I were them, I’d change the commercial. I can guarantee you that I won’t be playing it over and over again. It was sad enough when I saw it the first time. Maybe you could have the puppy get lost and then picked up by a Bud truck and then returned to its owner. The driver of the Bud truck would be a hero.

23. shanna says:

I LOVE !!! This !!! So sweet

24. John NYC says:

Cute commercial with one slight quibble, given it’s a year later the puppy from the last one would be a grown adult… so for them to be the same pair it’s either a flashback or a suspension of disbelief: I’m going for the latter.

25. Sandy says:

Watched it 3 times and still tear up! Loved it.

26. BARBARA MAGRO says:

BUDWEISER SUCCEEDED WHERE GO-DADDY FAILED.

27. Diz says:

OMG That was amazing. I don’t even like the taste of Budweiser, but that just made me want to go out and buy some to support this commercial.

28. Ella says:

WHO IS CUTTING ONIONS IN HERE?!

29. Faye Bacon says:

Nothing can beat relationships like loyalty, even animals do it, except loyalty and love of God!

30. Faye Bacon says:

Nothing beats loyalty, even animals do it, except love & loyalty to God!

31. marybailey says:

i all ways watch the first bud commercial and this second one is so great too

32. debbie timperley says:

there is nothing more enjoyable than watching the love between two animals! I love how Budweiser shows this! WTG Budweiser..

33. I wrote to Anheuser-Busch yesterday expressing my displeasure over their depiction of a wolf as a threat to the puppy. This commercial could not come at a worse time as anti-wolf sentiment is resulting in illegal kill-campaigns all over the West. Recently a radio-collared wolf that had travelled hundreds of miles to the Grand Canyon and whose arduous journey thousands of people were celebrating was shot dead by a hunter. Wolves are magnificent and misunderstood creatures whose beauty and intelligence can only enhance our lives on this planet. Ironically, much of what we love about that little puppy can be found in the heart and spirit of the wolf. When I wrote to the Budweiser people complaining, they wrote back saying they were overjoyed that I loved their commercial so much! I am even more insulted now.

34. Lois Tarter says:

These videos of the Clydales horses and yellow lab tug at my heart and my eyes year up, awesome, all of them!!!! The horses are a beautiful creature God made😉😊

35. Bob Bistretzan says:

areal teary eyed story I love it keep making them

36. Ty Beh says:

With all that we are trying to do to save wolves– who don’t go to Missouri to eat puppies– why didn’t you use something more real???

37. Kathie P. says:

Loved last years version. Didn’t care for this years at all. The whole wolf scene wrecked it for me. Don’t know what they were thinking with that story line.

38. Jo Thornton says:

Best Super Bowl commercial ever. Love it!

39. Alan Poland says:

This “Best Buds” puppy/horse commercial is nothing but PRECIOUS….I read somewhere that a lot of advertisers are targeting the millenis in this years ads….but this commercial targets anyone who has a heart, no matter WHAT GENERATION you may hail from!! WELL DONE

40. Samm says:

20 people here today for the Superbowl. I’m in charge of shopping. Our beer choices at the house have changed. We have Coors, Coors light, Sam Adams & Sam Adams light, & some craft brews. Normally there would be a case or 4 of Bud & light. I saw the ad & contacted Budweiser. “We’re sorry you feel that way”, the woman replied. We’re a pretty much high-consumption beer house. Not a bunch of drunks, but one of the houses where people tend to gather. It’s turned into a Bud-free zone. After seeing the commercial and how wolves are illegally hunted & vilified, there are some more converts. There are only 86 Mexican Wolves in the wild, and genetic diversity is so small that extinction is a possibility. The reintroduction of wolves into Yellowstone changed the park for the better. One way was by having large, grazing prey animals keeping themselves more together as a group, they tended not to overgraze along the banks of the rivers. This helped foliage to grow and thrive, preventing flooding and solidifying river flow. This helped fish populations to grow. If you’re fishing in Yellowstone, thank a wolf. Unless you’re of the Budweiser school of mis-information. Are they so deoid of creativity that they can’t come up with any other hazard to a puppy? How about traffic?

41. joanne wiebe says:

absolutely a tear jerker. adorable.

42. Why did yall put a wolf on there look I liked the pup but the wolf was so wrong yall know what is happening in Idaho and other places there being slaughtered and hunted and trapped

43. loved that bud commerical heartwarming

44. Just great – loved every second.

45. Pat says:

I look forward to this every year … and it NEVER fails! Touches me like no other!! Now just need to get through no other 12 months!

46. Tony says:

this is for all the wolf huggers,,, then ISOS is right to do what they do,kill,behead and burn ppl,darn I never realized it but now I see the picture,if you Yankees would never have went to war in Iraq and Afgan,this would not be happening,you ppl encroach on their land