Togetherness Renewed for Season 2

Togetherness Season 2

HBO has developed a sense of Togetherness with its newest comedy, leading to a Season 2 renewal for the freshman series.

From brothers Jay and Mark Duplass (The Mindy Project), the series follows married couple Brett (Mark Duplass) and Michelle (Melanie Lynskey), who are struggling to rekindle the spark in their relationship. When Brett’s friend (Steve Zissis) and Michelle’s sister (Amanda Peet) move in with them, the foursome try to continue following their personal dreams while living under the same roof.

“We began our love affair with HBO in our parents’ living room in 1983, and to have these brilliant creative people put a ring on our fingers with a second season of Togetherness is a real-life dream come true,” the Duplass brothers said in a statement.

Togetherness is set to begin production on Season 2 in Los Angeles later this year, with a debut in 2016.

TVLine’s Cable Renewal Scorecard has thusly been updated.

1. Lucas says:

Are you kidding me?????? Togetherness is one of the worst shows on tv. HBO renews this but cancels the Comeback? Pathetic!! This is why people are leaving Hbo in droves.

2. Fernanda says:

What about Looking? Patrick and Kevin right now are my favorite gay TV couple, both are extremely hot and so messy. Sorry Klaine, Glee producers destroy you completely.

3. Elsa says:

Great news, I am really enjoying this show. It fits nicely with the Sunday line-up and as much as I like Girls, I love that there is finally a show like this about thirtysomethings.
    I am also “looking” forward to Looking getting renewed (sorry for the bad pun)!

4. d4h8a15r16m23a42 says:

Cool, i actually just started watching this today. It’s really good but i may be biased because i love anything the Duplass brothers do.

5. Hurl says:

I need Looking renewed!!!

6. Adam says:

I took this off my DVR schedule immediately. I’ve never liked Amanda Peet, but the rest of the show/cast (who I like) just didn’t fit with me. It’s not funny at all. It’s just some sad pathetic people making excuses to make more sad and pathetic decisions. If it had laughs I’d see a premise I guess, but it’s just not funny or clever or interesting. And Amanda Peet. Ugh.

• snow says:

I do not like her either but have to admit she is good in this show.

• more Shakespeare than Apatow, gotta watch it without bias, with a clean pallet

• Roxanna says:

Wow, I’m glad that if your thirty-something that you must not be feeling a little lost. It’s a bunch of people just trying to figure out how to have a full life after the more shallow 20s…. It’s relatable, and I love it! There are also plenty of funny moments, but you really have to be as deep as the Duplass brothers to “get it” full circle.

7. HAP says:

Love the show. Love Melanie Lynskey. Folks might not know this, but her first feature was Peter Jackson’s Heavenly Creatures in 1994. Her co-star was another newbie name Kate Winslet. I always wondered if James Cameron had cast Melanie instead of Kate in Titanic, what their respective career trajectories would have been.

8. yadontsay says:

Glad to see that HBO renewed this show, really enjoyable

9. such a great series, amazing main cast (Mark, Melanie, Amanda, Steve), supporting cast (John, Peter, Mary) and writing crew. this is like sitcom blue valentine and i love this show’s realism, a couple more seasons would make me a very happy viewer.

10. normanbf says:

Togetherness es una de las mejores serie de HBO para mi. Tiene una gran historia en la que te puede identificar con alguno de los personajes.

11. Sgshekdb says:

I’m dying to find out what happens next!
    Togetherness is my new favorite

12. Karen Herman says:

Loved this show and wish the 2nd season would start sooner than scheduled. Seldom have I seen a show with characters and situations that feel so real. It’s funny, sad, poignant, all at the same time. I think this show has great appeal for anyone who’s ever been married, ,regardless of their age.

13. I love the hit comedy togetherness it’s new and very refreshing I am also a big fan of some of the cast thanks keep it coming.