Exclusive

Sneak Peek: The Flash Team Checks Out Dr. Wells' Siiiiick, Mod Home!

Loading video...

Tonight on The Flash (The CW, 8/7c) — though under not the best of circumstances — Barry & Co. get a first look at Dr. Wells’ home, and we’ve got a sneak peek of that “sick” (as one visitor puts it) reveal.

In the episode “The Sound and the Fury,” Wells’ former protégée, Hartley Rathaway (played by Smash alum Andrew Mientus), returns to seek revenge on his mentor after being affected by the particle accelerator explosion. Now able to manipulate sound waves and ultimately dubbed “The Pied Piper,” Rathaway does a number on Wells’ home, as seen in the clip above.

Spoiler alert: Wells bought his fireplace from the same store Thea Queen did.

Elsewhere in the episode: Iris is hired by the Central City Picture News, though the veteran newshound she is partnered with (Mason Bridge, played by General Hospital‘s Roger Howarth) wants nothing to do with her. Also, Joe asks Eddie for a favor — but asks him to keep it a secret from Barry.

Want more scoop on The Flash, or for any other show? Email insideline@tvline.com and your question may be answered via Matt’s Inside Line.

1. Rob Watkins says:

I could do without CIsco’s hip slang.

2. Gail says:

So they are following the comics and making Iris a reporter. With the villains getting powers from a single event and the newswoman, this is becoming more and more like a repeat of “Smallville”.

3. Heather says:

Would it be possible to kill video ads on pages that play videos?

4. dnno1 says:

@Gail, “Smallville” was a very successful series that ran for 10 seasons. One would be foolish to not take what worked with that show and run with it on theirs.

• Gail says:

I respect your point of view but disagree. Repeating plot points that worked on “Smallville” just makes ‘The Flash” seem less original. The Flash (Barry Allen) version has always had a good Rogue’s Gallery. So far I don’t know what is added to the story by having them all becoming the rogues because of a single event. Its just the kryptonite meteor from “Smallville” again. Is Iris going to be a combo of Lana and Lois from “Smallville”? A reporter whom the hero loves but who doesn’t feel the same way ( at first) ? Not to mention ” The Blur”, which i guess the Flash is going to stop using now since he is now known as “The Flash” in Central City. The Flash is best when it comes up with its own ideas even if most of those ideas are from The Flash
      comics such as Reverse Flash killing his mother and his father being blamed.

• Rob Watkins says:

Iris is a reporter in the comics.

• Gail says:

I don’t think I said she wasn’t a reporter. She was and is Lois Lane light in the comics. I had mentioned on another Flash article comment section that i hoped the They wouldn’t make her a reporter on TV because it would be too much like Lois Lane.

• CLNorman says:

Captain Cold and Heat Wave did not become villains because of the particle accelerator accident. They took advantage of tech Cisco invented.

• lauren says:

LOL so many holes being poked in Gail’s argument. facts can be funny

• Gail says:

Captain Cold and Heat Wave do not have powers. Everyone who does got them from the particle accelerator. Almost everyone with powers on Smallville, in the early years, got them from the meteor, What does the particle accelerator add to the story? Why is it necessary for all powers to come from the same source? I hope the Flash TV series has a reason for that.

• murley says:

Honestly I think it is just to ground them (the heroes and villians) in “reality”. Flash is a spin off from Arrow which is supposed to be gritty and realistic. I think the show is just trying to ground the superpowers in some sort of realism so that the flash remains reasonably believable in the same universe as arrow. Yes, it is a device, and so it is easy to critique it but that is also how it goes on television. You have to allow it and forgive it and have faith that it won’t be relied upon forever. Smallville also did it but I don’t see it as as rip off. It is a device that works for the set up of both shows. Also they are shows based on comics and thus is inevitably a bit of a formula involved. That is how it is in any genre.

5. Pat says:

I just found that Cisco’s remarks did not bother me in the least. He is a young guy and that is how he expresses himself. I know that his using the word sick obviously means cool and I am 63 years old and I can decipher this and by the way the house is cool, sick, wow or whatever other word you want to put in there to describe it. Anyway, I love this show!!

6. herman1959 says:

Ok, everyone who knew that Iris would be hired as a reporter due to her relationship with The Flash – we called it, y’all! And, it’s no surprise that Dr. Wells would have a house like that and that his colleagues had never been there. He’s an extreme techno-genius dark horse.

7. uk-usa-tvaddict says:

Every time I see Dr Wells I always think “How did he get home after he was beaten up by the Reverse Flash?” Cisco & Kaitlin are so unsuspicious.

8. Isobel says:

on the fireplace is the room itself the same location?

9. Francine says:

Does any one know the real identity of dr Wells. He moves like Flash, could this be the flash from the future?

• Honest says:

I think that Dr. Wells in the Reverse Flash and that Barry somehow got sent into the past and that is why there was red and yellow lightning on the night his mother died. Maybe he was trying to stop Wells and he’s the one who ran his past self outside. Maybe Wells killed his mother because otherwise Barry never would have become the Flash. Or something.

10. Honest says:

Another thing I found interesting, if you didn’t already know, is that Caitlyn’s name, Dr. Caitlyn Snow, is the civilian identity of Killer Frost, Firestorm’s archenemy.

11. Honest says:

Also, I thought Felicity was Barry’s girlfriend. And now he’s with this Linda Park? That is not very nice. Also, to all you Cisco haters, I like his slang. It’s part of his character. Besides, it matched his ugly flowing locks, lol