Pilot News: NBC Orders Monica Potter Project, Jimmy Fallon Office Comedy

Monica Potter NBC Comedy Pilot

Monica Potter is one step closer to making NBC her home after Parenthood‘s end.

The network has given a pilot order to an untitled comedy pilot starring and produced by the actress.

The multi-cam project — of which Ellen DeGeneres is an executive producer — revolves around a woman juggling her busy family life and her three ex-husbands, which proves difficult when she starts dating again.

The pilot is penned by I Hate My Teenage Daughter creators Sherry Bilsing-Graham and Ellen Kreamer.

Also receiving an NBC pilot order: Sharing, a single-cam workplace comedy from executive producer Jimmy Fallon about different groups of people working side by side in a shared office space.

1. Patrick says:

This will have to be really, really well done in order to go to series. The lead sounds unsympathetic to viewers. A bit too real-o’clock if you will.

2. Eric says:

As far as the first goes, I love Monica Potter but do not like multi-cams, especially with plots that generic.

And the second is mainly just The Office, with a dash of Ground Floor?

3. Fx says:

Monica Potter doesn’t sound too comedy to me.

4. neaorlean says:

I know what I’m not watching on NBC then.

5. Sara says:

Why all the Monica hate in the comments? It’s not my kind of show, but Monica is a good actress

• lauren says:

pretty obvious the same commenter, or at least 1-2 fakes. can’t reckon anyone having a beef with this actress.

• neaorlean says:

Just because you like her, doesn’t mean somebody else can’t dislike her. I absolutely can’t stand her and, believe me, I’m not posting with any other username. Let people have their own opinion, I’m sure I love somebody you can’t stand, I won’t call you fake because of it.

• Patrick says:

Yeah, I love Potter. I didn’t watch Parenthood, but only because it was originally opposite something I did like, and I didn’t have room on my DVR, and wasn’t super stoked about the premise of parenthood. I like her. I do not like the way this plot reads. Multiple divorces, and struggling with starting dating again? Its going to be a tough sell. Its one of those setups that CAN lend itself to a good pilot with some decent laughs, but that ultimately doesn’t go anywhere.

6. Et al says:

So they ordered The Office and Backwards Trophy Wife?

7. cjeffery7 says:

RIP Trophy Wife. oh wait… not the same thing? my mistake.