David Tennant Joins Jessica Jones Series as the Marvel Villain Kilgrave

Jessica Jones David Tennant

David Tennant has boarded Netflix’s Jessica Jones series as the villain Kilgrave, Marvel.com reports.

Marvel’s AKA Jessica Jones, whose 13-episode run will at some point follow that of Marvel’s Daredevil (premiering April 10), stars Krysten Ritter (Don’t Trust the B—- in Apt. 23) as the titular detective, whose specialty involves people with extraordinary abilities.

As previously announced, Mike Colter (The Good Wife) will play Luke Cage on the second of Netflix’s four superhero series, which will culminate with a Defenders miniseries.

Tennant’s previous TV credits include, of course, Doctor Who, as well as the UK’s Broadchurch (which opens Season 2 on March 4) and its one-and-done U.S. remake Gracepoint.

1. Michelle says:

So this is mysterious project he was talking about on UK radio last week. SWEET!

2. Jake says:

I really hope Krysten can pull this off. Not a huge fan of hers.

3. Hi there tto all, the contents present at thjis web pagge are actually awesome for
    people knowledge, well, keep up the nice work fellows.

4. James says:

I guess it *was* too much to hope that he had taken over the title role…

5. CJ says:

This show is sounding better and better. Can’t have too much David Tennant!

6. Todd says:

I wonder if he will be wearing purple makeup in the series?

7. cej says:

Does he always have that awful neck scruff?

8. jlannis says:

I hope he doesn’t have to fake an American accent…

9. Viv says:

Please, please, please let him use either his natural accent or another British one… PLEASE! There are a few actors I really can´t watch if they are doing an American accent, Martin Freeman being another example… it just doesn´t sound right. I think it´s because they played such iconic roles with a British accent… maybe it would be different if I hadn´t seen Sherlock/Hobbit before I saw Fargo or Doctor Who before I saw Gracepoint (well… the one epiode I actually watched…).

10. Amy H says:

If David Tennant is in, so am I!

11. Lauren says:

I wanted him to play a hero in the MCU but he’d do great as Kilgrave.

12. Rich Abey says:

Being a massive Doctor Who fan this is some smashingly good news. I previously had not much inclination to watch Jessica Jones but hearing Tennant will play ‘Mr Purple’, a Marvel villain I’ve come across a few times when reading Daredevil comics, I’m feeling super excited! Is a Daredevil-JessicaJones crossover too much to hope for?

13. Rick Katze says:

Looking forward to seeing it at a friend’s house. Might even be time to get Netflix myself. Will wait until I see the quality of the show. Hopefully they won’t follow the SyFy method which is $#@!%.

14. dman6015 says:

BTW – It’s Killgrave, not Kilgrave.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

I commend your diligence, dman, but it’s just one “L” on the TV show. (I confirmed with Marvel TV HQ.)

15. Gwenna says:

Can’t get enough Tennant…Apart from brilliant acting chops, classic good looks and a great sense of humour he has what’s missing in many actors…Class with
    a capital “C”…!!