Castle First Look: Devious Dr. Nieman Returns — And Is She Not Alone...?

On the Feb. 9 episode of ABC’s Castle, the doctor is (back) in. And she may have brought a “familiar” friend with her.

In the sweeps episode “Resurrection” — which kicks off the procedural’s annual two-parter — when clues in a murder implicate Castle and Beckett’s onetime nemesis, Dr. Kelly Nieman (returning guest star Annie Wersching, 24), private eye Castle is called in to consult on the case. But as the team delves deeper into the investigation, they uncover connections to notorious serial killer Jerry Tyson.

Is the nefarious 3XK indeed among the living? Or, could this be some fiendish scheme of elite plastic surgeon Dr. Nieman — who previously was investigated for creating Espo and Lanie lookalikes — to upend Castle’s world? Check out the fresh photos below, and you tell us.

1. Joshua Reguin says:

Finally! We’re back on track

2. Kate says:

I’m VERY excited for these episodes! Thanks for posting the pictures. :-)

3. dks says:

I am so looking forward to Feb Sweeps on Castle. Will we finally see the end of 3xk? Will everyone come out alive? Will all the women in Castle’s life be ok?

4. Matthew Weber says:

I really hope they wrap up the 3XK arc this year, though if they do IDK what it means for the show’s renewal chances (if they do wrap it up, does that mean that the producers are expecting a cancellation?).

I just don’t like the arc.

From the spoilers it sounds like one of the leads is going to be in danger again. I wonder who it will be?

• GREGO366 says:

CASTLE was and is in ABC’s top 5 shows. Cancelled? Don’t bet on it!!

• Matthew Weber says:

Oh I hope they don’t whether they wrap up this arc or not, I love the show, but I wonder if they do wrap it up completely what that means. Might mean nothing.

• Harry_Wild says:

It means that Castle seems to be easing back into becoming part of the 12th detective squad….maybe? Wonder how they going to present the reinstatement since the D.A. and former friend of Castle – NYC Mayor order the ban. New administration??? Change of heart by the Mayor??? Castle gives a big campaign donation to the Mayor and D.A. would do the trick, they can be brought???!

5. lame're says:

Who screens these photographs ! There is one three quarters of the way through that shows that shows Jerry Tyson? showing Caskett the scare from the plastic surgery to make him look like 3xk or is it really a cover for Tyson. In either case it gives away the possible plot. Or I can be reading way to much into this.lol

• c-mo says:

ABC already released the info that Michael Mosley was going to be returning for the two-parter and Nathan even tweeted out a pic saying something about not having to keep the secret anymore.

6. Rich Abey says:

Wait..3XK is in the 12th’s interrogation room! WFT???? Or is he another plastic-surgically modified brainwashed 3XK double?
    Side Note: Hope Dr. Nieman doesn’t start fawning over the perfection of Kate’s facial symmetry again…gives me the creeps!!

7. Teri says:

The Castle 2 parters are always great. I know this one will be the best one yet, due to 3XK and Dr. Nieman making an appearance. The best part will be having Castle come back to the precinct. He is too big of an asset not to have him there!!!!

8. theresa delicot says:

The triple killer has always creeped me out overall…but I still enjoyed them anyrate having to be overall dark in nature and very strong acting from all involved.

9. GREGO366 says:

I’m sooooo happy to see the sheer number of positive comments. WE all love this show (with its good scripts AND great scripts) and I will say I’ve NEVER seen a bad one. CASTLE has never been aimed at critics or the ‘Hollywood Elitists’. Thanks to ALL who put this show on !!!!

10. lame're says:

Why is all the attention on the two parter and not on the next episode, I witness ? Seems unusual.

11. Harry_Wild says:

“…private eye Castle is called in to consult on the case. ”

Looks like the writers are easing Castle back into the 12th; with this episode! Wonder how he is going be a regular again in the 12th detective squad. Will the D.A. and Mayor just overlook this?

12. Arghya says: