Exclusive

First Look: In New Odd Couple Poster, Oscar Makes an Ash of Himself

The Odd Couple Poster

TV’s latest Odd Couple already has a mess to clean up in TVLine’s exclusive first look at a poster for CBS’ reboot of the classic comedy series (debuting Feb. 19).

Friends alum Matthew Perry stars at the slobby Oscar, who promises to be a challenging roommate for Thomas Lennon’s (Reno 911!) uptight Felix.

Judging by the first look below, some ground rules will need to be laid down after Felix is done vacuuming up the pile of ash Oscar has left behind. (P.S. Kids, don’t smoke!)

Check out the poster, then hit the comments with your thoughts on the oddball pairing.

The Odd Couple Poster

1. bae says:

What’s happening with Perry’s head on the poster?

2. AJ says:

Does anyone know if this show will have a laugh track? I love Matthew Perry but won’t watching it if it has one.

• titoveli says:

friends had a laugh track and u still watch it …

• AJ says:

True, but I watched it when I was young and now I just can’t watch shows with laugh tracks anymore, it distracts me way too much.

• Gina says:

I actually thought about that while binge watching the first couple seasons. The laugh track for those seasons was SO forced, it’s a bit of a distraction. It got better as the series went on. But man, it bothered me.

With that said, I would assume this will have a laugh track. I can’t think of any CBS comedies that don’t have one.

3. jmble says:

I really do like Matthew Perry and I really do like Thomas Lennon. The thing that worries me about this show is that it feels like Matthew Perry and Thomas Lennon should both be playing the Felix character. Neither of the actors feel like an Oscar. I honestly hope it works because I’m rooting for both of them to be in something successful, but it just doesn’t feel right to me. Having said that, I’ll give it a chance and see how it plays out on screen.

4. I like Matthew Perry and I really like Thomas Lennon, but I just don’t see this show working. In this day and age it seems a little dated. We’ve also seen Matthew Perry living with roommates for 10 solid years. It all just feel stale to me.

5. Tran says:

Don’t know if The Odd Couple reboot is going to make a huge comeback for both Matthew Perry & Thomas Lennon after their respective short lived sitcoms over on NBC.

6. Boiler says:

As someone who grew up watching the original don’t see how this can match up. Of course networks don’t care what I think due to age.

7. big cheddar says:

This makes me miss Go On. NBC really blew that one.

8. jp says:

I like Thomas Nelson but does he ever play anything but an uptight person?

9. Marissa says:

As much as I want this show to succeed due to my fondness for both of the actors, unfortunately I don’t see this becoming a hit show. Not really sure why. However, as a long time Matthew Perry fan, the fact that he’s starring as Oscar makes me smile at the irony of this scene from Season 1 of Friends. :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQba0k-bfq4

10. I'm a believer says:

The real question is how many episodes air before this show is canceled. I’m betting fewer than 5

11. mamamitzvah says:

OK, I am so happy to have a show minus zombies, serial killers, superheroes and fairy tales that I will watch almost anything. That being said, I do love both Matthew Perry & Thomas Lennon. The one big problem, I never trust anything on NBC (Go On, Life to mention but two series that would have been huge if given the chance.). I will watch it, but try not to get too invested because with NBC, here today, gone tomorrow.

12. I will check it out. It might have been here I read about F.U. for Felix’s inits.

13. carol says:

I am very excited about this series i am looking foward to seeing it. Hope it lasts.

14. Josh says:

Have they run out of fresh, new ideas? I hope the show makes it b/c there’s a shortage of actual funny comedies these days.

15. Eva Maria Orozco says:

I can’t wait♡

16. JKR says:

I’d be way more interested on this show if it was Matthew Perry and Matt LeBlanc playing the characters. Just kidding No, but seriously.

17. Rita says:

I watched the pilot for this in Las Vegas as part of an opinion group. The show was very funny the group was laughing through most of the show. I hope it succeeds