Exclusive

Elementary Sneak Peek: Kitty's Past Comes Back to Haunt Her

Loading video...

CBS’ Elementary kicks off a two-part arc this Thursday at 10/9c, when Sherlock and Watson share some very bad news with Kitty: her attacker has found his way to New York City.

In TVLine’s exclusive video, Sherlock reveals that, for the first time, the criminal has left a body in his wake that was meant to be discovered. “He clearly has plans for you,” the P.I. warns Kitty. “He has announced himself.”

But will his protégé stay put for the sake of her safety? Press PLAY to find out, then hit the comments with your thoughts on the looming threat.

1. Eurydice says:

Oh…I was hoping his very bad news was “You’ve only got 24 hours left to live.”

2. Jake says:

Wonder if she’ll throw acid in the killer’s face like in the original Sherlock Holmes stories. Since they made the villain into more of a plain killer than a playboy/killer, she’ll end up killing him.

3. Stormy says:

Why doesn’t JLM wear clothes that fit?

4. Nicole says:

Hopefully he kills her so we can get rid of her very boring character.

• Lizo says:

I don’t find her boring at all. The opposite really, she’s so guarded and sassy – Im looking forward to learning more about her.

5. Lizo says:

I’m really reall loving Kitty. The writers of this show are exceptional; working Kitty in as a protege/adopted kid for both Sherlock and Watson, not going down the pathetically tropey Watson-kitty-hate-each-other route. They’ve handled her history as an abuse survivor really respectfully too. I’m completely in love with this new direction and I hope Kitty sticks around. I’d love to see more of her and Joan working together and socializing.

• Katherine215 says:

I completely agree! I was expecting to hate her character and what I thought it would do to the Watson/Holmes dynamic, but I think she’s added a lot to the show.

• Mary Ann says:

Me too. She is a very likeable actress and I just love hearing her talk. Such a cute accent! And it gives Joan something else to do besides constantly being annoyed at Sherlock for one thing or another. She was really becoming shrill.

6. Boiler says:

Its so nice too see such respectful comments:(. Wish TVLine watched these more. So rude. This is a great show. If you don’t like it don’t read about it

• Grey says:

Well, not totally disagreeing with you (in terms of being polite and respectful of other people’s opinions) but I think some of us continue to read about it hoping that maybe the Kitty character is soon to be written out. Some of us just prefer the former dynamic of just Holmes and Watson solving cases.

• Radha says:

Yes, what Grey said. I watch this show for Sherlock, Watson, Gregson and Bell. Not Kitty. Not Joan’s boyfriend, not some random guy on the street that they’ll shove in to ruin the great foursome dynamic.

If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.

Now, if Kitty was a character brought on every now and again to help solve cases? I’d be totally fine with new blood. But not in every episode. No way.

• First of all, Ophilia’s name comes out in the credits as ‘guest star’, which means that she’s not going to stay much longer, second of all, even in the Canon, Kitty Winter is not a major character coming back every once in a while, as Moriarty and Mycroft do. So, for those who don’t enjoy Kitty, they should be relived. However, I think the show and even to some extent, even the friendship and partnership between Warson and Sherlock has become much more interesting with her presence in the middle, because she has allowed the two to evaluate their partnership, find themselves close enough to work together in protecting and yet keep their distance at the same time. Without Kitty, this would not have been possible. This is a great show, they’re all amazing actotrs, especially JLM and it really feels like seeing a movie and not a TV show. Well done Elementary!

• Boiler says:

Totally agree!!!

• Nichole says:

Have to confess that I have never read any of the Sherlock Holmes books before, so did not know there was a Kitty character in them. At first I found her rather annoying and grating, but the last 4-5 episodes she has really come to grow on me as the character has dropped the “bitch” attitude (for lack of a better description lol). The change in dynamic with Sherlock/Watson has been handled very well in these changing episodes too. While Kitty may not be a permanent addition to the show, it has shaken things up a bit and given the show some fresh life. While I love Elementary, it has to evolve and change to some extant, even with new characters coming in, otherwise it will just become stall, boring and predictable, which would be very sad to see.

7. i hope Kitty will die or end up in jail in the upcoming episodes. i’m so sick of her character. she makes me feel so depressed. i have no idea why would writers want to waste the half of the season on such boring character. obviously that’s why ratings are down this season. sadly but moronic Kitty’s storyline became a pure death sentence to the show.

• Boiler says:

0Olivia, ratings are down due to HTGAWM and the late start due to football. I know it doesn’t matter much but with DVR just as many people are watching as before. Elementary ALWAYS in top of DVR increase.

8. Judy Tomasulo says:

Kitty won me over when she took care of a “problem” for Capt. Gregson. I long for Watson to be back at the Brownstone but this new story line with Sherlock stepping up all protective and……dare I say it?…..macho (sorry) is really hot. Brainy, sexy, and all up in that corporation’s kool-aid for hurting bees. My heart goes pitter patter.

9. Liz says:

I like Kitty- I think she’s the best new character of any show this season. They introduced her the right way- shes not a threat to the H/W dynamic, she has an interesting backstory and she’s quiet- yet likeable. She also has good chemistry with Gregson and Bell. I don’t know how long she’s staying, but I’m curious to see where they go with her.