The Walking Dead's Midseason Trailer: 'We'll Be OK' (Spoiler: They Won't)

“Don’t you want one more day with a chance?” asks a battered Michonne in the latest trailer for the second half of The Walking Dead‘s fifth season.

The 30-second preview, released Tuesday by AMC, finds Rick and his fellow survivors struggling to hold onto hope in the face of utter hopelessness. (Also in the face of zombies. Lots and lots of zombies.)

“I know we’ll be OK,” Rick assures his comrades. “Because this is how we survive.”

In addition to what’s shown in this new promo, Season 5B will also feature the arrival of Ross Marquand as a mysterious new series regular.

The Walking Dead returns Sunday, Feb. 8 at 9/8c.

Hit PLAY on the trailer above, then drop a comment below: What are you hoping to see in Season 5B?

1. Jason says:

I haven’t recovered from Beth’s death yet so I can only imagine how long it will take the characters. The second half of the season is going to be depressing.

• Tea says:

The episodes in March will be very interesting. You’ll see.

• Guest says:

I liked how Tyreese and Noah seem to be bonding. They have a lot in common, both trying to save girls that they couldn’t be save (Lizzie & Mica, Beth), not wanting to talk about the bad stuff, trying to stay true despite the world demands them to brutally kill their fellow man. If I didn’t know better, I could swear they are father and son.

2. wrstlgirl says:

Can’t wait!!!

3. Joey Padron says:

Good promo. Can’t wait for show to come out next month!

4. Beth says:

Is it February 8th yet?

5. I freaking love how the developed the characters in S4B and S5A, but they kill major characters not as often – for the 2 halves only the blonde girls, Bob and Beth died and none of them were that big of characters as Shane, Dale, Lori, Andrea, Hershall… In 5B they need a big death – I doubt it will be Carl, Michone, Rick, Daryl, Carol, Maggie, Glen or Abraham.

• Guest says:

I count Lizzie as a HUGE death. Sure she may not have been married to Rick, or bonding with Daryl, or be a father to Maggie & Beth, but her death was all the more harrowing than many big names on other shows.

• shawn says:

The comic kinda gives you insight of who could be going next. As far as fan base goes, Daryl isn’t going anywhere and michonne in the comics has a high fan base as well. Rick is a main character and unless he is going on a mission he watches over the kids like a hawk. Everyone else is fair game.

6. Spence says:

The only thing I hope for 5B is that the show learns from its hideous mistakes with Beth’s sloppy death and works to write better character arcs/deaths.

7. Gina says:

I am so distracted by Rick/Andrew’s fake beard. Gah!

I’m sure I’ll get over it though. CANNOT.WAIT!

8. Donna says:

After the shocking demise of Herschel and then Beth. We Better not see Daryl or Michonne killed off or Walking Dead will lose a lot of fans.

9. vern says:

I’m thinking there’s going to b a hurrucaine or tornado michoine and rick may get cozy amist the bad weather…. It is on his to do list)

10. Shane says:

Uh oh! There goes Tyrese! There seems to be a recurring theme here. ALL the moral compasses of the show die: Dale, Hershel and now Tyrese.