CBS Renews Thursday Night Football Deal, to Host 8 Games in Fall 2015

Thursday Night Football

CBS has renewed its deal to share dibs on Thursday Night Football with the NFL Network.

Akin to the original arrangement for this past fall, CBS will simulcast the first eight of the 14 TNF games.

To accommodate the sports package in its inaugural year as broadcast partner, CBS opened The Big Bang Theory‘s season on Monday nights while postponing the premiere of Elementary and other Thursday shows until late October.

1. Stacey says:

So I guess BBT is going back to Mondays. They probably should let it stay there. Because the seesaw definitely had a impact on the ratings this year..

2. Jack says:

Well, crap!

3. J says:

I love that the headline is “CBS Renews…” like the NFL was an on-the-bubble sitcom.

4. Boiler says:

Not sure I like it but it does cut down on reruns. I have enjoyed Elementary with few breaks!!

5. Tran says:

Looks like TBBT is heading back to Mondays next season which in my opinion it’s a bummer and should move back to Thursdays once TNF is done at CBS and normally be seen on NFL Network. This could be huge for CBS not only Thursday Night Football but next year’s telecast of Super Bowl 50 at Levi’s Stadium in the San Francisco Bay Area. On the other hand, it could get even worse for the other three networks (ABC, NBC and Fox) not to mention with Scandal and possibly The Blacklist if there’s a chance is staying put on Thursdays @ 9 p.m. next season.

6. kmw says:

Well TBBT is probably on the move again. CBS obviously liked its football numbers despite that most of the games were BORING. Constantly moving programs around in the end hurts shows no matter how big they are

7. Debra Prince says:

I am not too pleased that Thursday Night Football will be showing in the fall of 2015 because I dont watch football except these great comedy shows that I have to wait until mid-November. Weekend is plenty for football games PERIOD!!!!!