Fox's Scream Queens Adds Lea Michele, Joe Manganiello, Ariana Grande, Others

Scream Queens Lea Michele Joe Manganiello

Lea Michele and Ryan Murphy won’t be apart for long after Glee ends.

The actress has joined the cast of the creator’s comedy-horror anthology series Scream Queens for Fox, the network announced Saturday at the Television Critics Association winter press tour.

Joe Manganiello (True Blood), Abigail Breslin (Little Miss Sunshine) and Keke Palmer (Masters of Sex) have also come on board as series regulars, while pop star/Nickelodeon grad Ariana Grande will appear in a recurring role.

Bona fide scream queen Jamie Lee Curtis and Horror Story alum Emma Roberts marked the project’s first castings.

Scream Queens‘ 15-episode first season, which revolves around a college campus rocked by a series of murders, premieres this fall.

1. Riana says:

Recurring=She’s getting killed.

• Dys says:

Series regular probably means killed too. Being an anthology about horror probably means that most of the characters will be killed off. Then, like with AHS, the actors may end up returning the next season as new characters, if there is one.

• Lucifer says:

Hopefully, she is extremely annoying.

2. Lea Michelle, i pass.
    Not going to see her each week on my screen.

3. sam says:

Lol…not surprised about Lea.

• JR says:

A little surprised about Lea. Thought she would want to explore different genres and new creative team. Makes me think that the rumor about her is true…that the only one willing to work with her is Ryan Murphy.

• abz says:

Ryan Murphy has a history of working with the same actors over and over on many of his shows/films. Matt Bomer, Julia Roberts, Emma Roberts, the list goes on.
        And she just did a guest stint on Sons of Anarchy so I think shes doing fine at the moment.

• JR says:

I wouldn’t be too impressed by the Sons of Anarchy credit. It was a very small cameo role orchestrated by Paris Barclay–a cohort of Ryan Murphy.

• Ygraine says:

Keep moving those goal posts. The people who worked with her on Broadway keep hiring her for projects, and now the people who worked with her on TV keep hiring her for projects. Oh no Lea Michele how dare you be an award nominated actress who is apparently professional and talented enough to keep inspiring such loyalty in the people who hired you. Your bitterness is just pathetic.

• Mim says:

She’s worked with different creative teams already and did very well and this is a different. But keep bitterly grasping at those straws. In the meanwhile she’ll continue working and be just fine.

4. Chase says:

I am very excited about this series, especially with the new casting announcements made today! This sounds very different from anything on TV right now. Has Ryan Murphy struck gold again?

5. Annie says:

Yeah Abigail Breslin. Love her. Not so excited abou Ariana Grande. I hope she is killed off very soon.

6. When they say comedy, do they mean in the tone of the Scream movies?

7. K says:

I think Naya would be so much better for this show. She did a great job in the little indie horror movie she was in.

8. Eric says:

The cast for this is certainly amazing. Looking forward to it, actually, hope it turns out to be worth watching.

9. Ian says:

I actually really like Keke Palmer too, but I don’t care to ever watch another Ryan Murphy show again. All his projects turn to crap, and he and the actors he employs end up hating each other.

Not surprised in the least about Lea.

10. James says:

This is getting quickly like the new version of Scream.

11. Spence says:

I just have absolutely no idea how to feel about this. I’m certainly turned off by Lea, but intrigued by Keke and Abigail. I’m going to need more information about the plot itself before I pass judgment…

12. Jess says:

Can’t wait for this show. I get to see Joe on my screen again. He’s hot!!!

13. abz says:

I keep telling myself not to be tempted to watch another Ryan Murphy show after I finish Glee and AHS, They just start off great and then lose their magic and become horrible over time. But then he predictably goes and casts Lea Michele, so I’m conflicted because she’s a favourite of mine. I think I would have preferred her to be cast in the next installment of American Horror Story instead. Unfortunately, I know myself and I will probably give in to temptation and check it out.

• Ygraine says:

I was also badly burned by Glee. But Lea Michele is a really great actress and did a lot of great work when the writing was good on Glee, and even when it wasn’t so good, such is her power. And Murphy does do really good work like early seasons of his shows and the normal heart. I’m willing to give him another chance for this show.

14. Tai says:

The premise of this sounds interesting. For the most part, the cast has me interested but I’m still hesitant to watch. I feel like it’s going to end up disappointing me like American Horror Story consistently does and also Glee. Both shows I enjoyed in the beginning that fell apart towards the middle and I just can’t stand at the end.

15. Nate says:

I know what I’m watching! !!

16. anto33 says:

Seems pretty interesting.although I would like to know what kind of humor it’s gonna be.

17. Carlos Alvarez says:

So excited for this casting. Ryan looks like he has another hit on his hands which probably will suck by the 4th season lol. Either way horror comedy is something i wanna watch. I’m thinking it’s something in the way of Scream

18. Lisa says:

Hopefully they kill off Lea Michele in the first episode. Her character anyway. I think Ryan Murphy felt loyalty towards her and maybe he and Lea felt she wouldn’t get offers elsewhere. She has talent but she comes off unlikeable, annoying, fake and tries too hard. She’s no Streisand.

• karissa says:

lea is not annoying, unlikable or fake. Lea will have great career doing what every she choses. So go post your rubbish elsewhere

• Tai says:

You’ve heard of this thing called an opinion, right? Some people find her to be annoying while others don’t. There is no right answer. It’s all a matter of opinion and we might not agree but you should respect it. And not call opinions that differ from yours rubbish.

19. steven says:

Ariana in an another acting role? No thanks, I’d rather hear her sing.

20. JB says:

This cast seems so below Joe Manganiello. It must have been a good script

21. Letti says:

I’m glad for Lea and Ariana. Why everyone hates Lea? Rachel might be annoying, but Lea is awesome.

22. CK says:

I’ll watch the beginning because I’m a rabid horror fan and I expect this to be as much of a “comedy” horror as Glee was a “comedy” drama. That being said, I give it 2-3 seasons before Ryan Murphy gets fatigued, tanks the show, and moves on to this next thing. Between this and MTV’s Scream, something has to stick, right?

23. Timba says:

So many pressed and bitter people it’s actually hilarious. The premise sounds interesting, the cast is interesting and Lea Michele is an amazing and hardworking actress who never lazily bails on a scene no matter how dumb. I’m excited for her and hope the show is good.

24. lechatnoir says:

Ryan Murphy is the white Tyler Perry . So Manganiello and Ariana are guests too. This is going to be the campiest show in the planet.

25. I heard Sarah Michelle Gellar is going to be in it??? I sure hope so!

26. With vocal chords like Lea Michele’s and Ariana Grande’s, the screams on this show are going to sound more like belted G’s than death howls. I can’t wait for it, though. I love these kinds of murderer mysteries/horror shows.

27. Tracy says:

Hate Ryan Murphy but this is a great cast!

28. Tracy says:

Love Lea Michele and find her very talented! If I watch it will be because of Lea Michele and despite Ryan Murphy!

29. Dennis says:

Cue the “diva drama between Lea and Ariana” in 3…2…1…

30. Jaszy says:

I love Lea Michele and Ariana Grande! They are so beautiful and extremely talented in both of their fields: singing and acting!

31. Jaszy says:

All you Lea Michele haters on here are ridiculous! Seriously! Posting all these mean things about her is not affecting her stardom one bit. She’s still making money and establishing a name for herself, which is more than some of you on here can say. Who are you people?
    I’ve never watched Glee, but I am familiar with her Rachel Berry character, and I think she’s an extremely good actress and singer.
    For those of you hating on Ariana Grande, the same goes for you. Ariana is not hurting because of these comments.

32. Alyse Hewit says:

I am a glee fan and I have been from the beginning. My question is this are there going to be any of the glee cast regulars like Naya Rivera, Amber Wiley Chris Colfer, Diana Angron, Heather Morris, Melissa benoist and so on

33. Angel Ballard says: