Exclusive

Fosters First Look: The 'Messy' Truth Comes Out for Brandon & Callie

The Fosters winter premiere on Monday (ABC Family, 8/7c) will bring to light a harsh reality for Brandon and Callie, who were last seen locking lips.

Will the on- and off-couple make another go of a relationship despite its complications? Will one of the teens put the breaks on “Brallie” Round 2? Whatever happens, TVLine’s exclusive photos reveal a tense and emotional confrontation for the pair.

“As with most things in life — and all things on The Fosters — the truth pretty much always comes out, even when it’s hard, even when it’s messy, even when it hurts,” executive producer Peter Paige, who can be seen directing the actors, says of the scene.

Flip through the gallery to get a first look, then hit the comments with your thoughts on whether you prefer Brandon and Callie as friends or something more.

1. kn1231 says:

Nothing on the ambulance that rushed to her father’s house? Most likely having something to do with Callie’s unstable sister. Callie and Brandon were the last thing on my mind after that final scene in the Christmas episode!

2. wrstlgirl says:

The Brandon and Callie stuff needs to get resolved once and for all. It’s gone on way to long as has the whole “will Callie get adopted or won’t she” story line.

3. C says:

Enough with the Brandon and Callie stuff.. please move on from that storyline… only false note on this show.

4. Diz says:

Brandon is the worst character on the show. Send him off to college & be done with it.

5. lizo says:

I want Callie to be happy and if that’s with Brandon than I hope it works for her. But I’m watching for the ensemble. I care for every one of these characters.

6. lizo says:

oh, those HORRIFIC hashtags they put on the screen during the broadcast NEED to go. They completely miss the point of the show and are actually offensive. When Callie is telling Brandon about her assault, a shipper tag is horrible. Same with the tags during the Jesus/abusive girlfriend. The Fosters is a smart, complex show about real people – don’t degrade it with the ridiculous tags.

7. cyclone says:

What are TPTB forcing these 2 to be together. They have zero chemistry.

8. JJ says:

I’m more interested in what happened in the tent between Jude and Connor than Brandon & Callie! Hoping for some answers in the midseason premiere!

9. gts says:

I looked at the pictures before readings the article, and I was so confused as to why some random man with headphones was pointing after Brandon and Callie in the middle of a conversation.

10. Danielle says:

Love Brandon and Callie. I like the other characters fine but this is the only story I’m invested in. Surprised so many people still want them to be “brother and sister” after all that’s happened.

11. jerrired says:

So much Brallie hate in the comment section of this yikes. I actually love Brallie, mainly due to Maia and David’s chemistry. It’s one of the things that drew me in during the pilot. I trust The Fosters team to resolve their story (together or forever apart) in an honest, true to the story and characters way. I think Callie’s adopption will get resolved early next season. Since I think the rest of season 2 will be her getting to know the Quinns. Then I think Robert will let her pick which family.

12. cant wait says:

Put callie and Brandon together #HopelessRomantic<3

13. Marissa says:

Brandon and Callie need to channel their love through music and stay as best friends . Callie can’t date her brothers brother .

14. Marissa says:

they ruined Brandon and Callie friendship . They need to go back to Brandon and Callie supporting each other with out locking lips . Romantic brallie is to weried and can’t happen due to Jude begining both their brothers .

15. yane says:

I don’t understand why anyone would want Brandon and Callie to be over. I love the show but they were the couple I fell in love with first. If they don’t end up together this show is true garbage. I hate that people have truly given up hope on true love. Brandon and Callie will never love other people as much as they love each other.

• Mary says:

I love Brandon and Callie together!!!!! Those two are like literally star-crossed lovers!!! They are truly in love, but since they love each other, its hard for Callie to be adopted by the fosters, because Brandon will be her foster brother, and that means that they can’t act on their love for each other. So, if they do end up together she can’t be adopted by the fosters. But, there are ups and downs. On the up side, Callie can be adopted by her biological farther, and still see Brandon, since they’re not foster siblings. On the down side, she won’t live with the fosters. But even if she doesn’t live with the fosters, there doesn’t have to be a big difference. She could still go over all the time, like she lives there, and still date Brandon. Or, she could get adopted by the fosters, and still date Brandon, but that might be a little weird, since they would be foster siblings. But they’re are not blood-related, so its not that weird. But, it might be weird to Jude and everybody else, but they would eventually get used to it. Especially if they know how much those to love each other. I think that Brandon and Callie can find a way to make it work, and have everybody accept them, no matter where they live, live together or not. I love Brallie soooo much!!!! I hope the writers will make them together, and they will be together forever!!!

16. Dejah Huffman says:

I really want Brandon and Callie to be together they are so cute together

17. Sherrie says:

I don’t get the love for the Brandon and Callie thing. At. All. I am just starting to watch it on Netflix, but I just can’t. I just started season 2 so I don’t know what happens, but I do like Callie and Wyatt.

18. Cindy says:

Imma bet VERY pissed and i mean VERY if Brando and Callie dont end up together.

19. Alyssa says:

I honestly think in my opinion that Callie and Brandon should be together, they are a cute couple, callie needs to open up more around Brandon and let him know how she feels, and how she feels about him, they definitely need to be together that’s what I think.

20. Emily says:

Callie and Brandon brought me into this mixed up family of biological and adopted kids and it’s the love they found that kept me watching the first season. But when the adoption story made it it difficult for them to be together I began to see the cracks in the story. First can be true love but they need to love themselves first. So both characters had some growing up to do. So sure write about that! Introduce distractions (other people). That’s how we learn, by experience. Some are beautiful people. But the chemistry isn’t right. Resolve the adoption side but leave the door for them to find their way back to each other. Send Brandon away to a music school camp and let Callie find herself. He was and has been her rock even in the face of diversity. But let their reunion be the last piece of their lives that makes their journey complete. And I don’t mean a series finale. To be a couple you need to see them grow together. That in their time apart Callie has found her inner strength and is Brandon’s rock. In the words of Anne to Gilbert in Anne of Green Gables ‘ I don’t need dawn sun bursts or marble halls, I just want you’ Callie needs to see that Brandon IS her home. The one she has searched for for so long.

21. Emily says:

Brandon and Callie clearly still love each other. No matter what happens there always going to have feelings for each other. I think they deserve to be together. They’ve just given up fighting for each other. I think they realize they still love each other they’re just to afraid to act on it. I think they deserve to end up together.

22. Amanda says:

They have there complications but they need to accept they won’t just stop having feelings for each other. Callie and Brandon should be together

23. caren says:

Am for brandon and Callie together…coz its so obvious how much they feel each other.
    And june and Cannon Aaaw hahaa thats wat made me look forwad to seeing the whole seazn2…how will they end up. cant wait!

24. EMJay says:

Braille have said and done a lot of things to hurt each other to move on. They seem to be almost always just there but not quite and at an impass. The adoption really will be fruitless if Callie doesn’t need a guardian. I want her to realise HOME is with Brandon. She’s been so near sighted and hell bent on finding a ‘family’ when he and those around him have been there all along. You don’t need to label it, write it on a legal document but just be. Guess we wait to see if the writers agree.

• Mary says:

I totally agree with you!!! Brandon is her home! He has always been there for her, and she needs to stop finding a “family” and have it labeled for her. As long as she is with Brandon, she is home!!!

25. Laura says:

I love brallie! Definitely my favorite part of the show and what i look foward to every episode. They just need to stay together & stop with the adoption being as the reason they get together

26. A.G says:

COMPLETELY AGREE! If anyone forget, like everyone has seemed to have forgotten! Their romance is the whole reason this show was a hit! Callie is the main character and since the start her main attraction was Brandon. Their relationship even carried into season 2. If viewers are truly clamimg that its freaking weird ur all hypocrites. Since the first episode its the romance between them two which has been the main focus. I know its just a show, but its one of my favorites. Specificly because, of their love storyline. And all you people claiming its weird, your way of thinking is weird she’s only known them for like A YEAR! They aren’t related in any way possible. They are just like any ordinary roommates, that just met! They are ALL still practically strangers. In case you haveny notice this whole show is weird and crazy, so why does their relationship weird some of you out! If its too weird simply stop watching. Anyways #Bralliealltheway (just my opinion, we all have our own. I’m just sharing mine.😊

27. Marissa says:

I WANT BANDON AND CALLIE TO STAY TOGETHER!!!!!

28. Marissa says:

I SHIP BRALLIE ALOT THEY MUST STAY TOGETHER!!! those were the best parts!!

29. Emily says:

I hope the writers will decide to have Brandon and Callie end up together because if they don’t then the whole thing that was going on between them was just a joke.

• Ariel B says:

Calli and Brandon are the reason I watch this show tbh .. like all the other couples are cute and jude and conner are like my 2nd fave . But i think that they need to be with other people to realize that nobody else is good for them but them .. you know what I mean ?? But anyway . I hope that the writers agree .

30. Emily says:

I think the reason they put AJ on the show is for Brandon’s sake. Because if AJ is around then Brandon will get jealous and it will eventually show how Brandon really still feels about Callie.

31. Audrey says:

Brandon and Callie NEED TO BE TOGETHER. I WANT SOMETHING KINDA TRAGIC HAPPEN TO CALLIE OR MAYBE SHE CAN GET SUICIDAL AND THEN BRANDON HELPS HER AND THEY END UP HAVING SEX OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT BUT THEY NEED TO BE TOGETHER

32. P_ cilly says:

I grew up in foster care, and I love the show because it speaks/shows all the realities that really do happenen in group homes/foster homes/ and adopted homes! The system realy does SUCK! Also I honestly see nothing wrong with Callie and Brenna dating! They are not blood, they have always loved each other more than any “soon to be leagal bro and sis!” And so what if Callie doesn’t end up adopted and then happens to date her brothers- brother! That happens all the time!! So I honestly don’t see the big deal! Callie and Brennan are in insane crazy love and should hook up and be together forever. The Moms can get over it and support their happiness!!